Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Things that used to scare you...

:iconsgtsaturn:
SgtSaturn Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student General Artist
... In video games! I recently speedran Pandemonium 2, a platform game on crack that used to freak the shit out of me when I was a kid. Pandemonium 1 was all nice and dandy and everyone I knew played it, but I was the only one who played the sequel and well... It sure crept me out.

Another thing that REALLY freaked me out was the monster Dead Hand in Ocarina of Time. What the heck is that thing doing in a Zelda game anyway? I was 8 when I played OOT for the first time and I had trouble sleeping for weeks. It made such an impact on me that I had to have someone else beating him everytime I played OOT. I couldn't manage to beat him myself until recently, he wasn't scary anymore but he still left an impact on me since I was so terrified when I was a kid.

Any similiar stories? :la:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnirvanagenesis:
NirvanaGenesis Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
The great white shark in Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future and the giant eel in a dark cave both scared me. They were huge and could eat you, killing you instantly. Doesn't help when they're both coming at the screen quickly and that I couldn't see the shark after I evaded it. I knew the shark was behind me, but it's scary when I can't see it, so it makes me feel like it's gonna get me the next moment. I haven't played the game in years. It would probably still scare me. With the eel, I didn't see it the first time I played through the game, so I went forward and suddenly this massive eel just appeared from the darkness and killed me instantly.

The ReDead in Wind Waker used to terrify me.
The ReDeads in WW are more scary than the ones in OOT in some ways, they are more insane x(
:iconnirvanagenesis:
NirvanaGenesis Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
It was the scream, the red eyes, and the way they looked at me. When I played WW, I would avoid them at all costs. I refused to play at night because of them.

And the Flesh Mage in Drakan: The Ancient's Gates. Just now remembered that. I had the immortality cheat enabled but he still scared the shit out of me.
I took a look at the flesh mage, it looked pretty disturbing @_@
:iconpharaoh-ink:
Pharaoh-Ink Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Someone here mentioned the eel from Super Mario 64- absolutely! Was terrified of going near it when I was a kid, and in general did not like most underwater levels. For example, the shark from Banjo Kazooie, the giant mechanical monster fish from DK64, just to name a few.

Also most boss fights when I was younger scared me, so I'd give the controller to my dad and hide behind the couch, peeking out on occasion to see. It wasn't that the bosses themselves were so scary to look at, but the panic of facing something large and coming at my character without knowing what to do or being able to run away kind of made me nervous.

And also Majora's Mask, enough said. :paranoid:
That eel has a freakish mouth :B

Hahaha that's cute! Good thing your father could beat the bosses for you :aww:

Everything about Majoras Mask is extremely depressing. Still best game.
:iconluke-the-f0x:
Luke-the-F0x Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I used to be scared of Skeletons & Zombies in games. I do recall playing OOT when I was 14 and found the Redead's & Stalfos quite scary. I remember being too terrified to get the Gamecube Remake of Resident Evil. But when I got it, they were just basically slow-moving people with skin conditions. As I got older I found the undead less scary and are now my favourite type of enemies in games.
I agree about the Redeads. I found them very unnerving in OOT, even more unnerving in Majoras Mask when they were dancing around. Today I think it's cute!
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Not exactly a video game, but I had a Nancy Drew computer game that scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. You're stuck in a cabin out in the woods and... well there are ghost dogs :lol:
There's one part at the beginning where you're in the house and they're outside barking at the window and banging against the door. And then there are various times when you have to go wandering through the creepy woods at night. I never finished that one because it scared me.
They seem like pretty nasty dogs, I understand why you didn't wanna play it :XD:
Add a Comment: