Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46

Which Pokemon X and Y stater will you most likely choose and a possible hunch on their sub-types.

:iconremlitgirl:
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well to begin with, after the confirmation of Gen 6 and Pokemon X and Y I started to pondered about which starter I was going to choose. Personally, I am somewhat leaning towards Chespin but here is the real question:

What starter will YOU most likely choose?

I also have an interesting theory about the three starter's sub-types. Now, as we all know, all of the Pokemon fans are quite tired of the Fire-Fighting starters. Although with Fennekin this does not seem to be the case.

For those of you who watched the X and Y trailer, there was one scene that showed of the battle moves of each starter. Did anyone pay attention to those moves? Well, if you watch closely I beleieve that you can predict each starter's future sub-types. This is only a theory though.

In the trailer, all three starters showed off TWO moves

Fennekin showed off a Fire-Type move and PSYCHIC-Type move.

Chespin showed off a Grass-Type move and a DARK-Type move.

Froakie showed off a Water-Type move and a FIGHTING-Type.

But wait...there is more!

If this is true, then Gamefreak really is a sly little dog.

This Psychic/Dark/Fighting relation shown above has more significance than meets the eye. Just like the Fire/Water/Grass relationship, the PDF relationship is circular. An example of this would be an evolved Froakie fighting an evolved Fennekin. Evolved Froakie has a Water/Fire advantage over evolved Fennekin, but evolved Fennekin has a Psychic/Fighting advantage over evovled Froakie.

If this is all true, that means that these startes have double circular relationships.

Two words. Mind. Blown.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlily-l:
Lily-L Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Probably Fennekin because I like the way it looks. I never really try to go for the type advantage because you'll eventually catch another pokemon that has a type advantage over whatever your rival picked.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I won't. I'll only keep the fugly twips around only long enough to deposit them in a box in favor of something with class.

If I even find merit to purchase this.
:iconcoolmarvin:
coolmarvin Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Doubt I will ever play it but I always go with fire types unless they are ugly, which isn't the case this time.
:icontwilightdrifter:
Twilightdrifter Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I find it sad why people don't really care about the Poke'mon series anymore. Yeah gen 5's poke'mon were kind of silly, but the stories weren't so bad. Though I like Black/White 2 because there was a lot more stuff to do than just catch/raise poke'mon villans were actually pretty decent too. Heck, poke'mon is one of those games that I'll always like. I'm a sucker for those monster raising games, I think because it feels like raising pets.

Yet, I don't get why other gamers make fun of it? I'm sure there are game series they love that are constantly beaten to death and being created. :P

Well, I was going to choose the frog, and I still might. Yet I dunno, Maybe the Grass type.

I'm curious at how the 3D will be a big part of the game. ^^ I can't wait for that. Though I have to say the legendary for X's looks silly. A deer with large antlers. XD I'm getting Y at least the flying type looks kinda cool, though a little silly too :P

Poke'mon games are like the other major console games. They're gonna keep getting created until the world ends, so people need to just deal with it! :p lol
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A loyal fan you are. >:3
:icontwilightdrifter:
Twilightdrifter Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
lol eh well I don't know why but I just like poke'mon. It's easy and can be as casual as you want it to be. Plus with 600 options to choose every time you play, no two games are the same ^^

I always try to choose poke'mon I haven't used or tried when I start new games. :p XD it's how I roll.
:iconnarcisistwaffle:
NarcisistWaffle Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Since I'd think Pokemon X and Y would be a pile of shite because of my loss of faith in the series during Black and White, I'm gonna pick my starter as my right hand. :B
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Fennekin because I don't like the looks of the others. If it's not Psychic it might be Ground, since it's based off a Fennec fox. I know it won't be Fire/Fighting, because if it is hundreds of people will go on some sort of crazy rage-spree and cause mass destruction.
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That is definitely true
:icondomnuwyrda:
DomnuWyrda Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Chespin's design kind of seems like a ripoff of Oshawott, at least in the face. I'm not a bit fan of Froakie's froggish looks either, but we'll have to see what the final evos are before anything switches my mind away from Fennekin. Who knows? Maybe Fennekin will have the coolest looking evos, decent stats, but a poor movepool like its predecessor Tepig. Maybe Froakie will be underestimated only to have the most versatile movesets out of the three. Who can say for now? (All I can say is that Chespin better bring more to the table than its fellow Grass/Dark brother Shiftry)
Add a Comment: