Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46

Which Pokemon X and Y stater will you most likely choose and a possible hunch on their sub-types.

:iconremlitgirl:
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well to begin with, after the confirmation of Gen 6 and Pokemon X and Y I started to pondered about which starter I was going to choose. Personally, I am somewhat leaning towards Chespin but here is the real question:

What starter will YOU most likely choose?

I also have an interesting theory about the three starter's sub-types. Now, as we all know, all of the Pokemon fans are quite tired of the Fire-Fighting starters. Although with Fennekin this does not seem to be the case.

For those of you who watched the X and Y trailer, there was one scene that showed of the battle moves of each starter. Did anyone pay attention to those moves? Well, if you watch closely I beleieve that you can predict each starter's future sub-types. This is only a theory though.

In the trailer, all three starters showed off TWO moves

Fennekin showed off a Fire-Type move and PSYCHIC-Type move.

Chespin showed off a Grass-Type move and a DARK-Type move.

Froakie showed off a Water-Type move and a FIGHTING-Type.

But wait...there is more!

If this is true, then Gamefreak really is a sly little dog.

This Psychic/Dark/Fighting relation shown above has more significance than meets the eye. Just like the Fire/Water/Grass relationship, the PDF relationship is circular. An example of this would be an evolved Froakie fighting an evolved Fennekin. Evolved Froakie has a Water/Fire advantage over evolved Fennekin, but evolved Fennekin has a Psychic/Fighting advantage over evovled Froakie.

If this is all true, that means that these startes have double circular relationships.

Two words. Mind. Blown.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlily-l:
Lily-L Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Probably Fennekin because I like the way it looks. I never really try to go for the type advantage because you'll eventually catch another pokemon that has a type advantage over whatever your rival picked.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I won't. I'll only keep the fugly twips around only long enough to deposit them in a box in favor of something with class.

If I even find merit to purchase this.
:iconcoolmarvin:
coolmarvin Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Doubt I will ever play it but I always go with fire types unless they are ugly, which isn't the case this time.
:icontwilightdrifter:
Twilightdrifter Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I find it sad why people don't really care about the Poke'mon series anymore. Yeah gen 5's poke'mon were kind of silly, but the stories weren't so bad. Though I like Black/White 2 because there was a lot more stuff to do than just catch/raise poke'mon villans were actually pretty decent too. Heck, poke'mon is one of those games that I'll always like. I'm a sucker for those monster raising games, I think because it feels like raising pets.

Yet, I don't get why other gamers make fun of it? I'm sure there are game series they love that are constantly beaten to death and being created. :P

Well, I was going to choose the frog, and I still might. Yet I dunno, Maybe the Grass type.

I'm curious at how the 3D will be a big part of the game. ^^ I can't wait for that. Though I have to say the legendary for X's looks silly. A deer with large antlers. XD I'm getting Y at least the flying type looks kinda cool, though a little silly too :P

Poke'mon games are like the other major console games. They're gonna keep getting created until the world ends, so people need to just deal with it! :p lol
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A loyal fan you are. >:3
:icontwilightdrifter:
Twilightdrifter Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
lol eh well I don't know why but I just like poke'mon. It's easy and can be as casual as you want it to be. Plus with 600 options to choose every time you play, no two games are the same ^^

I always try to choose poke'mon I haven't used or tried when I start new games. :p XD it's how I roll.
:iconnarcisistwaffle:
NarcisistWaffle Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Since I'd think Pokemon X and Y would be a pile of shite because of my loss of faith in the series during Black and White, I'm gonna pick my starter as my right hand. :B
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Fennekin because I don't like the looks of the others. If it's not Psychic it might be Ground, since it's based off a Fennec fox. I know it won't be Fire/Fighting, because if it is hundreds of people will go on some sort of crazy rage-spree and cause mass destruction.
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That is definitely true
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Chespin's design kind of seems like a ripoff of Oshawott, at least in the face. I'm not a bit fan of Froakie's froggish looks either, but we'll have to see what the final evos are before anything switches my mind away from Fennekin. Who knows? Maybe Fennekin will have the coolest looking evos, decent stats, but a poor movepool like its predecessor Tepig. Maybe Froakie will be underestimated only to have the most versatile movesets out of the three. Who can say for now? (All I can say is that Chespin better bring more to the table than its fellow Grass/Dark brother Shiftry)
:iconhexgirl911:
hexgirl911 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
I haven't played pokemon in years, but Y&X looks good. I'd choose Fennikin. :iconfennikinplz:
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
I always pick the Water-type, so I'm going with Froakie.

I think that Froakie might evolve into a Water/Flying-type, and my only logic towards that assumption is the fact that the fluff around it's neck kinda looks like a cloud, but that's just my guess. What I think would be interesting though, is if Froakie's second type was that of one of the other starters, like a Water/Grass type, and that would sort of make sense since it's a frog, and frogs sometimes live in trees (tree frogs).
That is a very interesting theory. I can actually see this working.
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Come to think of it, if my cloud theory does turn out to be true, it could also be Water/Electric
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm not sure if I should pick the frog, or the fox; they're both cute. D:
:iconterriosthedark98:
TerriosTheDark98 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like the Fire-type. I can't get the games because I don't have a 3DS. And... I gave up on the newer games after Black and White.
Yeah I do not have a 3DS either.
:iconlil-muse:
Lil-Muse Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
The Psychic/Dark/Fighting typing seems pretty likely :)
Not sure which starter I would pick, but right now it could be either Fennekin or Chespin. I'm not really a fan of Froakie's design, but maybe he'll get some cool evolutions :shrug:
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
We shall see. :)
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
The fire one. The frog looks gay as hell, I can't wait to beat my rivals ass when he brings that thing out.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
The grass and fire are intriguing. But my god, the water one looks atrocious.
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think that if Gamefreak gave Froakie cuter eyes then he might have been more appealing, agree?
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
No..
I guess not then.
:icontenshi3d:
Tenshi3D Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
As with the previous starters, I would have to see their evolved forms first before making my decision.
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah I am doing the same thing but I favor Chespin a little bit more than the others at the moment.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Froakie. I'm hoping his other type is poison or fighting.

The others: The grass one will most likely be ground and the fire type might be dark (although I will laugh if they gave her a fighting type).
RemlitGirl Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I agree
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The frog.

Honestly my 'strategy' in pokemon was to get the 6 I liked the most and brute force my way through the game.
:iconnikkixkaila:
NikkiXKaila Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's basically the only thing I've ever done in Pokemon :lol:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Glad to know I'm not alone! Everyone else seems to actually follow a plan and it really weird...
I've never really understood that. I take the Pokemon I like and kill everything until I win, I feel like that's a good enough strategy
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hell, the game's pretty much designed so you can do that! All these self inflicted challenges and whatever really make me wonder why people don't just go play something else.
I understand wanting to challenge yourself but some of those challenges are ridiculous :lol:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Indeed. Some people just got too much time on their hands...
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Eh, I made a well rounded team of pokemon that I liked ( no major holes in weaknesses + making sure I had moves that were super effective against everything, nothing too weak,etc etc etc) and I got through the main story in like 10 hours, much faster than any other go through.

I didn't have to grind, and for most gyms I was actually under the levels of the gym leader's pokemon :shrug:
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The advantage thing isn't really that mind blowing, I set my team up like that.
Well I was just pleased that I managed to figure this all out on my own. :3
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
If I do get the game, I'll release my starter at the first chance and instead do a Locked Pokedex challenge.
Not liking the starters?
Not liking the idea of 700+ pokemon.
Ah, I see. I am generally fine with that idea but one thing that does bother me is that they seem to be rushing us. I mean, by October BW 2 will only be a year old. I think that Gamefreak should have waited a bit.
That too.
:iconwatchherfly:
WatchHerFly Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Fire-Psychic.... LIKE VICTINI???

Well regardless I'm getting the Fennekin because it's a friggin' FireFox. Haha. Name it Mozilla. HAHAHA.
That is what my prediction says. :iconshrugplz: Heheh. Mozilla, that is a good one. XD
I wrote "stater" not "starter" in the title -_- Please excuse that
Add a Comment: