TES:V Skyrim-The movie? Good or Bad idea?

So, would you like to watch a movie about Skyrim? :)

Personally, I would be more than thrilled :eager:
Comments168
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thats the thing... The majority of VG movies made ussually suck... ALOT.... the idea itself is definitely a good idea, but like I said.
... There cannot be a worse idea than this which does not involve forcefully inserting sharp and abrasive objects into bodily orifices.

Skyrim is all about player choice and freedom to explore. If you take that out, it's just a REALLY REALLY bad linear RPG, because let's face facts here, the skyrim story is kind of sort of totally crap. The movie would just be a guy running in a field punching saber-tooth cats with some CGI-dragons. If you want that, get a decent graphics card and some texture mods...
hahaha. Yeah, many people agreed on that point. Personally I love the all the TES lore, mainly because I was on it since I was 14, but Skyrim's story isn't that catchy as Morrowind's
Movies on video games are never all that good. In video games, things look A LOT cooler than they would if staged in real life. Look at that assassin's creed movie, for example.
yeah that's true. I haven't played Assasin's creed yet, but I saw a movie about prince of Persia. It was so unoriginal
:? I was talking about the movie Assassin's Creed: Lineage.
haven't seen it, sorry ^^; In fact I didn't do it existed
No please dont :/
Video game movies suck. So nope, terrible idea.
everyone here hates them XD
For good reason too. :sick:
maybe one of the missions as a movie, main story line of the dragon born. Even a story about the Dark Brotherhood could work.
yeah, it would be fun
horrible idea, I think it would be one of those really terrible straight to dvd movies.
that's what most people suggested as well.
Could it be an open world movie? :D
an open world movie? i am not sure what that means
Well that was pretty much a joke, you know Skyrim is an open world RPG... I don't think a movie can do it justice or give the watcher the same pleasure the game does. After playing Skyrim(which I still keep playing since day one) I can't call any other so called RPG a game, I couldn't stand Kingdoms of Amalur an hour for example. No movie can do the same as the game.
i don't know what open world means actually. You mean that you are able to pick up your own destiny? If that's so, then I agree.
Well you can summarize it like that yea. Skyrim is a game that's too tough to convert into a movie. And seeing how they srewed silent hill franchise in hollywood I believe no good game shall turned into a movie ever... maybe just Metal Gear :D
yeah, that's what most people told me as well. I guess this freedom is what we enjoy mainly in that game, aside from the awesome graphics and quests
Indeed, but recently I am quite annoyed as Bethesta still couldn't release or announce an exact release date for Dragonborn DLC for PC.
View all replies
I think, if one carefully, it could be fucking amazing - as long as the Dovahkiin did not partake in a side of the civil war and opted for a peace treaty. But perhaps if they didn't even focus on the Dovahkiin. Yeah dragons could come back and everyone could be running around talking about legends - such as a prequel. The last scene would be, basically, the opening scene in the game.. opening a venue of a second movie but there comes the challenge of picking a Dovahkiin.

Is it male or female? Human or Beast Race? If you go by lore, the Dragonborn has always been a Nord, but the male status quo dragon slayer is a little tired... or a lot tired. Which NPCs do you bring to life? Which companions do they bring? Can they actually ride horses in the movie? Did someone actually steal your sweet roll? Are all of the guilds going to be involved for you to kill Alduin? Personally, even though it doesn't happen in game, I'd love to see a massive Dragon battle. Paarthurnax's homies VS Alduins Homies. CRIPZ N BLOODZ.

It could be a great story of a movie - not everyone plays games but far more people watch movies... and it could be good, but not everything could be fulfilled unless there were 50,000 parts in which case - Peter Jackson that shit.