Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 167

TES:V Skyrim-The movie? Good or Bad idea?

:icongreekstyle:
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So, would you like to watch a movie about Skyrim? :)

Personally, I would be more than thrilled :eager:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondragunov-ex:
Dragunov-EX Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Thats the thing... The majority of VG movies made ussually suck... ALOT.... the idea itself is definitely a good idea, but like I said.
:iconmonkeydanceguy:
MonkeydanceGuy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
... There cannot be a worse idea than this which does not involve forcefully inserting sharp and abrasive objects into bodily orifices.

Skyrim is all about player choice and freedom to explore. If you take that out, it's just a REALLY REALLY bad linear RPG, because let's face facts here, the skyrim story is kind of sort of totally crap. The movie would just be a guy running in a field punching saber-tooth cats with some CGI-dragons. If you want that, get a decent graphics card and some texture mods...
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hahaha. Yeah, many people agreed on that point. Personally I love the all the TES lore, mainly because I was on it since I was 14, but Skyrim's story isn't that catchy as Morrowind's
:iconthe-demon-sebastian:
The-Demon-Sebastian Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Writer
Movies on video games are never all that good. In video games, things look A LOT cooler than they would if staged in real life. Look at that assassin's creed movie, for example.
yeah that's true. I haven't played Assasin's creed yet, but I saw a movie about prince of Persia. It was so unoriginal
:iconthe-demon-sebastian:
The-Demon-Sebastian Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Writer
:? I was talking about the movie Assassin's Creed: Lineage.
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
haven't seen it, sorry ^^; In fact I didn't do it existed
:iconhappysoup:
happysoup Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
No please dont :/
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nooooooooo! [link]
:iconnarcisistwaffle:
NarcisistWaffle Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Video game movies suck. So nope, terrible idea.
everyone here hates them XD
:iconnarcisistwaffle:
NarcisistWaffle Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
For good reason too. :sick:
:iconpleasantshadeofgray:
pleasantshadeofgray Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
maybe one of the missions as a movie, main story line of the dragon born. Even a story about the Dark Brotherhood could work.
yeah, it would be fun
:iconphanthom-art:
PhanThom-art Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
horrible idea, I think it would be one of those really terrible straight to dvd movies.
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
that's what most people suggested as well.
:iconseth2012chaos:
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Could it be an open world movie? :D
an open world movie? i am not sure what that means
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well that was pretty much a joke, you know Skyrim is an open world RPG... I don't think a movie can do it justice or give the watcher the same pleasure the game does. After playing Skyrim(which I still keep playing since day one) I can't call any other so called RPG a game, I couldn't stand Kingdoms of Amalur an hour for example. No movie can do the same as the game.
i don't know what open world means actually. You mean that you are able to pick up your own destiny? If that's so, then I agree.
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well you can summarize it like that yea. Skyrim is a game that's too tough to convert into a movie. And seeing how they srewed silent hill franchise in hollywood I believe no good game shall turned into a movie ever... maybe just Metal Gear :D
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah, that's what most people told me as well. I guess this freedom is what we enjoy mainly in that game, aside from the awesome graphics and quests
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Indeed, but recently I am quite annoyed as Bethesta still couldn't release or announce an exact release date for Dragonborn DLC for PC.
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
really? That's odd.
seth2012chaos Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
And they announced, finally February 5th.
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional Photographer
I think, if one carefully, it could be fucking amazing - as long as the Dovahkiin did not partake in a side of the civil war and opted for a peace treaty. But perhaps if they didn't even focus on the Dovahkiin. Yeah dragons could come back and everyone could be running around talking about legends - such as a prequel. The last scene would be, basically, the opening scene in the game.. opening a venue of a second movie but there comes the challenge of picking a Dovahkiin.

Is it male or female? Human or Beast Race? If you go by lore, the Dragonborn has always been a Nord, but the male status quo dragon slayer is a little tired... or a lot tired. Which NPCs do you bring to life? Which companions do they bring? Can they actually ride horses in the movie? Did someone actually steal your sweet roll? Are all of the guilds going to be involved for you to kill Alduin? Personally, even though it doesn't happen in game, I'd love to see a massive Dragon battle. Paarthurnax's homies VS Alduins Homies. CRIPZ N BLOODZ.

It could be a great story of a movie - not everyone plays games but far more people watch movies... and it could be good, but not everything could be fulfilled unless there were 50,000 parts in which case - Peter Jackson that shit.
I like your opinion here. You are pretty much the only one who finds it a good idea, even though it needs a lot of consideration. I really wanna discover the sweetroll mystery XD
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013   Digital Artist
Bad, bad, bad idea. All movies that are based off games are bad. Apart from Street Fighter, that was the best comedy I have ever seen.
well, you never know. Even though most people give me many reason to agree
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013   Digital Artist
Ergh... I dunno... there has been rumors of a Fallout TV series though.... :shifty:
they may be good, you never know
I'm pessimistic. Anything that Hollywood shits out is crap anyway. =/
yeah because they aim more for nice effects than a good scenario :/
Yeah, pretty much.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional Artist
Bad idea, especially since the core concepts of the game are: individual experience, non-linear storytelling, and having a non-speaking protagonist.
you got a point
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Artist
I generally try to. Sorry -- I'd love to see a good videogame film, but I think our best bet is something more applicable, like Persona, Prof. Layton, or Phoenix Wright.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Movies based on games, like games based on movies tend to be pretty bad...
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I know, that's what most people tell me. But, some of them suggested a TES movie with another hero and scenario
:iconlilmalygos:
LilMalygos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student
Not a bad idea. But, only. I do not want Skyrim but daggerfall would be perfect. Fairy Tale was part of a series.
I don't know. Daggerfall was quite a hit back then, but the story is a bit confusing.
:iconlilmalygos:
LilMalygos Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student
Well, the story will also be new at all, not on the game is to shoot.

My English is so poor.
I got what you mean. Making a story about something else, but during Daggerfall's period. that's what most people suggested
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I don't doubt that the set or the effects would be good, I just doubt the story would be. The appeal of Skyrim is that it's so open-ended, you can do whatever you want. To take that appeal and chop it up so that it's focused on a single thing for an hour or two movie would be stripping away a lot of what Skyrim is. A show, maybe.
I know. Especially most modern movies are more about effects and it doesn't matter to them if the scenario makes sense. I am not sure if a show would be a good idea either.
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It'd be cool to see an Elder Scrolls based film, but I have a feeling they'd probably cheap out and make the protagonsist a male Nord rather than using one of the other races. Maybe they could make something based of a tale from the lore or something.
That is how Bethesda made him look on the trailers, so they would propably prefer that version. Many people suggested that and it's not a bad idea.
:iconabsolutelyridiculous:
AbsolutelyRidiculous Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Since the Dovahkin is based on however the player wants to make their character, I think if they were going to make a movie about it, they should approach it the way they did Dragon Age or Mass Effect - make an animated movie based on another character. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to watch a movie that concentrated on the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild <3
GreekStyle Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah that's what everyone here is saying to me. It would be a nice surprise, and maybe help us understand more about those functions
:iconvaletdepik:
Valetdepik Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sure, it could be really nice if it is a new story that has nothing to do with the game. I mean by this, like before the game story starts. Or while, but somewhere that haven't been touch by our changements.
ħEND¤CONNEXIONħ
Add a Comment: