Warframe

Take Starbreeze's Syndicate, hybrid it with Dead Space, add in some Mass Effect style powers, make it co-op/single player, have a crafting system, auto-generated levels, and branching progression trees. Then make it F2P. Then make over 3000 closed beta keys be sitting on a website for the taking.

[link]

[link]

PLUS it's only like half a gig an install, and if you have around 2 MBs or more of internet speed, you'll be able to download the client within 5 minutes. If you don't believe me, watch some of the gameplay vids on Youtube. It's made by the same devs behind Homefront's excellent MP portion and helped Epic make the Unreal franchise.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
From what I've seen so far, it looks great, but the lack of versus multiplayer is a little disappointing.
Trust me, VS would castrate a lot of what makes this game awesome. Seriously, it's better off just as a super creative co-op/SP game.
I saw this game months back. I think it's ugly to look at, but that gripe is so minuscule. The game looks absolutely stellar even this early. I really hope it's as good as it looks.
I'll admit the art style is a bit divisive, but the gameplay is fantastic.
Can't wait for launch, but it looks like it will DESTROY computers.
Actually, I've got a mid-to-upper PC that handles it fine. Just AMD 6000 gen, 8 gigs of ram, and a 2 core CPU.
I only have a laptop. I can't afford a good desktop at the moment.
...well, if it matters enough to you, you can usually get a good enough rig within the 300-400 dollar range, so long as it isn't top of the line.

Otherwise, sorry.
A couple of my friends were talking about that game, but they were comparing it as Multi-player Co-Op Vanquish. I'll check it out if I actually get a beta key.
I got a key and played for just a few hours. Looks like an interesting universe to explore. Just 1 thing I notice so far is that almost everything, at least at the start is colored blue with a bit of green in some places.

[link]
Oh no, it has far less in common with Vanquish than the games I mentioned. The only similarities would be art style and fast pace. It's far more like Dead Space/Syndicate/Mass Effect.
Well, it has "war" in the name, which is boring.
By that definition I could just brand you a Pokemon fanboy for having "pika" in your name sounding at all like "pikachu". You can't say you know whether something is boring or not until you've played it or at least seen it in action. I am so bloody tired of people assuming about any media simply because... you know what, I can't even think of a good reason. Seriously, am saying this as a game maker and a writer -- try something before you immediately dismiss it. Entire gems have been missed in every field of fiction and media because of people ignoring them. If it isn't your thing after you look at it, then okay, that's fine. But just disregarding someone's work like a leftover sandwich is not how it should be.

...to answer the next inevitable question -- yes, this topic has been bugging me for a while now. I'm not trying to flame you or anything, it's just a matter that I literally see on a daily basis.
Hey, man, I know what you're saying!

I mayor may not try it out, I dunno. But you can gather a lot from a name nowadays. I'm not gonna judge any books by their covers, but something with "war" in the name can have negative connotations.
It's got more in common with Star Wars and the Last Starfighter than it has with CoD.
Well, I don't care about that first thing, and I don't know what the second thing is, sooo
The Last Starfighter is an old sci-fi film with some neat ideas and centered around the concept that an arcade game of the same name was actually a recruitment vessel for a losing side in an inter-stellar war.

And you don't have to like Star Wars to like Warframe. The universe just does involve Ninja/samurai like warrior figures and an oppressive empire trying to conquer all that it can.
I'm serious guys, this game has -really- got me pumped. (And to be clear, I'm only replying now to add this because DA still doesn't have an EDIT button for their comments and forums. I'm not trying to bump my thread, since I only just posted it.)