BioWare fans: Your assistance is requested!

I'm working on a lil project and need the lay of the land among my fellow deviants. Over on my dA page - [link] - I've got a couple of polls going to ask your favorite Mass Effect and Dragon Age characters of all time, and I want to know what you think. You can hop over to my page for a quick poll vote or, if you prefer, tell me what you think here (and preferably why--I've heard some of the craziest explanations!).

Baldur's Gate and NWN fans feel free to talk about those games, too, if they beat out BioWare's latest productions for you!

I'm just about the most indecisive person on the planet--I can hardly order food at a restaurant without hearing what everyone else is getting and mulling it over awhile :stupidme: --so believe me when I say you're doing me a huge favor in telling me what struck your fancy about each of your favorites. I appreciate your input! :handshake:

I'll start, so you can see why I'm so hopeless: My most-used character was Garrus (he's the man! :la: ), followed by grumbly Wrex when he was available, but I love Mordin's wit, Thane's air of mystery/sadness (I'm a sucker), and the way Samara's impressive cleavage contrasts with her remote personality. ;P I also adore Alistair's humor and hints of darkness, even though he's supposed to be something of an upright, "good guy" character, Fenris's RAGE (it was pretty impressive), and all kinds of hilarious dialogue with Morrigan, Oghren, Isabella + Aveline, and Shale. As for NWN, Aribeth and her personal struggles & beliefs are what I remember best, and it was pretty amazing stuff for the time.

:twocents:
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hm...I think Garrus is an all time admirable character..humor...loyalty...badassery? I mean c'mon how can you decline that but away from more of the popular in demand I liked Wrex. I mean...he's just big badass krogran potraying a I don't give attitude HULK SMASH type of deal you know? plus he has a way with words that make me chuckle.

As for DA, Isabella and Zev. they are just a pair of fun. A bit up the alley with pervyness and adventures but I am okay with that, although Zev is a little too friendly, perhaps because he goes both ways. As for Isabella, she's just this assertive woman who I know has a soft spot in her heart but isn't willing to show it because she got a name to live up to.
I totally agree! About both Garrus and Wrex. Wrex seems so underappreciated to me. ;P

Sounds like you like the slick roguish types in DA, eh? I found Varric to be pretty suitable for that category, too!

Thank you for the input. =) It helps. :nod:
Wrex is all about that tough love,in ME3 he just grew so warm, it was such a progress , nice to see character grow.

Well I have a thing for Morrigan and Leianna too, Varric was enjoyable as well but it's really hard to pinpoint because they were all great and Anytime!
I did... things... to Wrex in ME3. :shifty:
O_O WHAT THINGS?!
You have to ask yourself: are you SURE you want to know? :devil:

:ashamed:
...Go for it, I have embarked darker paths before xD
View all replies
Joker has got to be one my favourite characters. Although he is not able to come on missions with Shepard he still plays a huge roll on my ship. His humour is wonderful in the times of darkness the Shepard encounters on all of the end of the world missions. Not to mention I think his voice actor is wonderful.

I know Kaidan has a lot of haters but there is something about him I love. Maybe it's the fact that he puts himself down and I like that I'm able to make him more confident throughout the games. His voice actor is also fantastic all the way back to the first KOTOR as Carth.

As for DA, Alistair is my man. I like that he's shy. I like that he doesn't really want to be king and you have the ability to make him into a great leader. I also think that any boyfriend should greet me with "your desire is my command."
You make some great points. The games can get pretty dark and Joker plays a big role in alleviating that and bringing things back to balance. I like Kaidan's voice actor, too! Nice and husky. =) I think it would be irresponsible if I didn't pay more attention to Kaidan my next playthrough. So far he's been a sympathetic character but I never got too close--I think I usually pissed him off by being irresponsible. =P

And spot on about Alistair! He's soo sweet. :love:

Thanks so much for weighing in! I appreciate the great feedback. :heart:
You really should bring Kaidan with you on missions. He has some great lines throughout the game. I find that the romance story with Kaidan is also the most rewarding.

And you're welcome!
Sounds like next game I'll be bringing a lot of Thane and Kaidan, then! Haha.
I can see it now... Alistair and Garrus, back to back, fighting crime as detectives in this spring's new hit comedy, romance, action, sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, thriller... Calibrations and Kings.
Brilliant. Brilliant!
Garrus, followed closely by Thane. Alistair for DA, the amount of witty banter between him and Morrigan was awesome and I'd use them the the exclusion of most of the others.
You and me both. =) Thank you for voting!
Although she is far from my favourite character, and in game we barely got on well at all, Miranda always interested me. A suprisingly deep and thoughtful character and an interesting reference to the male gaze, Bioware almost acknowledged she was there for looks by having her genitically altered to beautiful and geeky.

Also Legion, without making any spoilers, became more interesting as the plot developed and made me go :O when he/she/they first arrived on the scene.
Yes, she was blatant eye-candy, but I suppose I can see your point about BioWare's nod to that. A pessimist might say it the "work she had done" was an excuse to put dat ass on screen rather than a thoughtful acknowledgement, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed! Legion's state/story is definitely a fun break from the typical.
Seeing as BioWare are quite conscious about how they present gender and relationships I would like to think this was the case. They supported Naughty Dogs recent campaign to keep the female character on the front of The Last of Us game covers, along with the alternative cover for the new Bioshock - yeah the sleeve is reversable but it is better than nothing. Am I rambling on about nonsense? Yes. Sorry. Point is I too will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Haha, good points. =) I didn't know about the Last of Us cover (I'm a Naughty Dog fan, too, but don't keep up on the news). I'll have to read about it.
Bioware fans are still exist?
I know I am one! ;P There may be plenty of flaws in their work but, as I've said before, the games still leave me with an overall sense of satisfaction, and that's what matters to me. =)
That's cool. I'm an Obsidian fan so I get the feeling.
Jack and Garrus were my favorite characters from Mass Effect 2, with Mordin and Tali trailing behind. I'd say anyone besides Jacob, Ashley, and Zaeed is worth noting.

On the Dragon Age front -- you left out a few options, as I'd have picked Flemmeth if given the choice. Also, Loghain comes to mind. And Hawke's siblings.