pokemon X and Y

So now that the big announcement is out whats everyone opinion on the trailer? [link] . I personally think it looks quite cool but I reckon we still need to wait for more info on the actual battle mechanics before we can truly start getting our hopes up.
Comments183
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I hope everyone realizes it's basically the same game lol. But the graphical change IS nice. What would really impress me is if you can actually customize your avatar's clothes and stuff like that now that he's more than a few pixels. The starters look lame as hell though. I'm sticking with the original and the ones from second and third generation. Pokemon after that are meh.
Now, I like a main series Pokemon game as much as the next guy, but a X and Y are really dumb names in my opinion. The legeneareis are also kinda dumb looking. I was part of the "gen 5 isn't as dumb looking as you think it is" minority, but now I might joing them and the "gen 6 is gonna look horrid" minority. We'll see.

But hey it's in 3D. FINALLY. And the core game system is pretty good anyways, so it balances itself out, and I'll just have to keep my eyes on it.
X, Y, and Z. First 3D game. Get it now?
I get it. Still sounds dumb.
yeah the legendaries have been gay looking for a while now, they might as well just bring back recoloured versions of ho-oh and lugia.
I dunno. Zekrom looks pretty snazzy in my opinion. But these two just don't have any excuses.
Actually, the names X and Y is pretty clever. They're both directions in 3D space (completed with Z) and are also the names of two chromosomes. It's likely the story will revolve around DNA and/or genetics.
Still dumb sounding. The other games were pretty clear with what the titles invoked. (colors, precious metals, gems, more gems, yin and yang). I guess my major complaint is that the meaning takes a little explanation. Oh well.
Heh, it's a title for the geeks. B-)
I cant wait for it, personally looks really good and ... about damn time!! its in 3d!!
They should of done this years ago with black and white. The question is will the gameplay be any good because even with the new graphics it still doesnt look anywhere near as good as some ps vita titles.
Didnt they make black and white 2 as well? they should have done those in 3d too ><
The gameplay looks good enough, and the graphics i agree its not as good as some vita titles, but its better than i thought it would look.
Nice artworks already spreading around :D
[link]
I just got Black and they already throw in another game.
But I most likely will ask it for Christmas. It looks very new very improved.
I think I'll give it a go, but what I really want is a more interactive battle system. It is the 6th generation now and there isn't any huge excuse to why they haven't changed the boring A button mashing fighting style. I also hope it is backwards compatible like how the GSC games were. Those two mechanics would make me a happy camper.
The more I think about it the more pointless this game becomes for me. I admit I was initially excited but then I realised that I dont actually need this game, I already have a ps3 thats inevitably going to provide me with more JRPGS that I can buy..
I wish I had a Playstion 3, I really want to create levels in Little Big Planet. However, I won't be owning a PS3 any time soon, especially since they are working on the PS4. I'm glad that your satisfied of what you have, though. :D
Having seen the trailer, I can understand why people are pumped. It's neat that they're going for full 3D battles instead of just sprites and including little bits of platforming. At the end of the day, though, it's merely another Pokemon game, and unfortunately for me Pokemon is too boring a game for me to play.
I agree whats the point, ds games have been 3D for a while now. Handheld games in general have lost their flair to me since I never travel anyway.
I almost fainted when I first saw this. I am very much excited
The only thing that's slightly pissing me off is that I will have to pay a ton of cash for a 3DS now. :(
Oh and what the hell is up with the comments on your profile dude people really do enjoy freaking you out.
Oh my gosh I just noticed how many screwed up comments I have. Well then. Maybe you can find a cheep 3ds now that the 3ds xl came out. Or maybe trade in an old ds if you have one. But I must warn you that normal ds games don't look as good on the 3ds.
Haha selling my brothers PSP is also an option :icontrollfaceplz: