Closed to new replies
January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 182

pokemon X and Y

:iconzerostorm91:
zerostorm91 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So now that the big announcement is out whats everyone opinion on the trailer? [link] . I personally think it looks quite cool but I reckon we still need to wait for more info on the actual battle mechanics before we can truly start getting our hopes up.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I hope everyone realizes it's basically the same game lol. But the graphical change IS nice. What would really impress me is if you can actually customize your avatar's clothes and stuff like that now that he's more than a few pixels. The starters look lame as hell though. I'm sticking with the original and the ones from second and third generation. Pokemon after that are meh.
:iconkingofsouls:
Kingofsouls Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Now, I like a main series Pokemon game as much as the next guy, but a X and Y are really dumb names in my opinion. The legeneareis are also kinda dumb looking. I was part of the "gen 5 isn't as dumb looking as you think it is" minority, but now I might joing them and the "gen 6 is gonna look horrid" minority. We'll see.

But hey it's in 3D. FINALLY. And the core game system is pretty good anyways, so it balances itself out, and I'll just have to keep my eyes on it.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
X, Y, and Z. First 3D game. Get it now?
I get it. Still sounds dumb.
:iconzerostorm91:
zerostorm91 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah the legendaries have been gay looking for a while now, they might as well just bring back recoloured versions of ho-oh and lugia.
I dunno. Zekrom looks pretty snazzy in my opinion. But these two just don't have any excuses.
:iconcederbom:
Cederbom Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Actually, the names X and Y is pretty clever. They're both directions in 3D space (completed with Z) and are also the names of two chromosomes. It's likely the story will revolve around DNA and/or genetics.
Still dumb sounding. The other games were pretty clear with what the titles invoked. (colors, precious metals, gems, more gems, yin and yang). I guess my major complaint is that the meaning takes a little explanation. Oh well.
:iconcederbom:
Cederbom Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Heh, it's a title for the geeks. B-)
:iconakiratang:
Akiratang Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I cant wait for it, personally looks really good and ... about damn time!! its in 3d!!
Add a Comment: