Closed to new replies
January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 182

pokemon X and Y

:iconzerostorm91:
zerostorm91 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So now that the big announcement is out whats everyone opinion on the trailer? [link] . I personally think it looks quite cool but I reckon we still need to wait for more info on the actual battle mechanics before we can truly start getting our hopes up.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I hope everyone realizes it's basically the same game lol. But the graphical change IS nice. What would really impress me is if you can actually customize your avatar's clothes and stuff like that now that he's more than a few pixels. The starters look lame as hell though. I'm sticking with the original and the ones from second and third generation. Pokemon after that are meh.
:iconkingofsouls:
Kingofsouls Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Now, I like a main series Pokemon game as much as the next guy, but a X and Y are really dumb names in my opinion. The legeneareis are also kinda dumb looking. I was part of the "gen 5 isn't as dumb looking as you think it is" minority, but now I might joing them and the "gen 6 is gonna look horrid" minority. We'll see.

But hey it's in 3D. FINALLY. And the core game system is pretty good anyways, so it balances itself out, and I'll just have to keep my eyes on it.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
X, Y, and Z. First 3D game. Get it now?
I get it. Still sounds dumb.
zerostorm91 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah the legendaries have been gay looking for a while now, they might as well just bring back recoloured versions of ho-oh and lugia.
I dunno. Zekrom looks pretty snazzy in my opinion. But these two just don't have any excuses.
:iconcederbom:
Cederbom Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Actually, the names X and Y is pretty clever. They're both directions in 3D space (completed with Z) and are also the names of two chromosomes. It's likely the story will revolve around DNA and/or genetics.
Still dumb sounding. The other games were pretty clear with what the titles invoked. (colors, precious metals, gems, more gems, yin and yang). I guess my major complaint is that the meaning takes a little explanation. Oh well.
:iconcederbom:
Cederbom Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Heh, it's a title for the geeks. B-)
:iconakiratang:
Akiratang Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I cant wait for it, personally looks really good and ... about damn time!! its in 3d!!
They should of done this years ago with black and white. The question is will the gameplay be any good because even with the new graphics it still doesnt look anywhere near as good as some ps vita titles.
:iconakiratang:
Akiratang Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Didnt they make black and white 2 as well? they should have done those in 3d too ><
The gameplay looks good enough, and the graphics i agree its not as good as some vita titles, but its better than i thought it would look.
:iconkidel:
Kidel Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Interface Designer
Nice artworks already spreading around :D
[link]
INDEED
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student General Artist
I just got Black and they already throw in another game.
But I most likely will ask it for Christmas. It looks very new very improved.
:iconpillowsledder:
pillowsledder Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
I think I'll give it a go, but what I really want is a more interactive battle system. It is the 6th generation now and there isn't any huge excuse to why they haven't changed the boring A button mashing fighting style. I also hope it is backwards compatible like how the GSC games were. Those two mechanics would make me a happy camper.
The more I think about it the more pointless this game becomes for me. I admit I was initially excited but then I realised that I dont actually need this game, I already have a ps3 thats inevitably going to provide me with more JRPGS that I can buy..
:iconpillowsledder:
pillowsledder Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
I wish I had a Playstion 3, I really want to create levels in Little Big Planet. However, I won't be owning a PS3 any time soon, especially since they are working on the PS4. I'm glad that your satisfied of what you have, though. :D
:iconmightybearrr:
mightybearrr Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Having seen the trailer, I can understand why people are pumped. It's neat that they're going for full 3D battles instead of just sprites and including little bits of platforming. At the end of the day, though, it's merely another Pokemon game, and unfortunately for me Pokemon is too boring a game for me to play.
I agree whats the point, ds games have been 3D for a while now. Handheld games in general have lost their flair to me since I never travel anyway.
:icondarklittle1:
darklittle1 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I almost fainted when I first saw this. I am very much excited
zerostorm91 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The only thing that's slightly pissing me off is that I will have to pay a ton of cash for a 3DS now. :(
Oh and what the hell is up with the comments on your profile dude people really do enjoy freaking you out.
Oh my gosh I just noticed how many screwed up comments I have. Well then. Maybe you can find a cheep 3ds now that the 3ds xl came out. Or maybe trade in an old ds if you have one. But I must warn you that normal ds games don't look as good on the 3ds.
Haha selling my brothers PSP is also an option :icontrollfaceplz:
He won't miss it. I mean, the only games for that system are Valyria Chronicles 2, Kingdom hearts Birth By sleep, and Dissidia/dissidia 012. And if he doesn't' have those, well you're doing him a favor. *longol*
I dont even know why he got it I mean we have a ps3 FFS. I'm temped to play valkyria chronicles 2 though.
You should. It's really good.
:iconmegustaplz: ohoho
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I remain skeptical, think its a bit too soon in the wake of the recent generations, and bet they fired the person who was coming up the names for new generations. The move to 3D was so obvious that you wonder why they didn't go full polygon sooner so if it bounces, they could have reverted in Black and White 2 instead.
well black and white was made for the original DS which isnt known for its graphics capabilities . That could be a reason they have been holding back till now. The same with black and white 2 it came out too early so there was never going to be enough time for a radical change in the gameplay.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Except oh wait, Dragon Quest IX, the two Final Fantasy remakes, Spectrobes, and I could likely point out a few other games that used full 3D on the DS.
:iconskygal333:
skygal333 Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Hey I'm excited!!!
- The new fire type looks AWESOME! (so cute it makes my top 10 fav easy!)
- Region's supposed to be based after Paris, France.
- Great graphics
- X and Y make me think we've got a sci-fi theme here. Me likey.
- New features like battle style, possibility we get to rollerblade rather than bike, etc...
- And we've got great new locations. Cool looking city, the desert rocks and I am liking that castle. Plus swinging on vines? Sweet.
yep all awesome reasons to get excited but at the end of the day if the core gameplay is still going to be the same all
these wonderful new innovations wont matter. They have to give us more options in terms of our pokemon journey, maybe different paths you can take for different endings? or even real side quests .
:icongrandmasteremporer:
GrandMasterEmporer Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I'll admit that I hadn't gotten into Black and White as much as I hoped to. I haven't really enjoyed the series since Heart Gold and Soul Silver. But seeing the trailer for X and Y really renewed my interest in Pokemon. The 3DS has so much potential for an ideal experience, especially in the visuals department. Here's hoping that they can get the Pokemon designs right this time around...
:iconwtfmoments:
WTFmoments Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I think it's pretty epic. I do like the 3D thing and the grass type. (Maybe it'll be the first time I'd chose a grass type x3)
But this game comes too quickly. I'm still busy with Pearl and Black. :'D. Then I still need to play (and buy) Black 2. By the time I finished those games it's one year later.
the last pokemon I played was heartgold which I thought be awesome because those are the pokemon that I started of playign with and watching on tv. The game itself disappointed so I've been staying away from pokemon since then . But at least this way by the time you get it the price will of gone down ? :lol:
:iconwtfmoments:
WTFmoments Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
No, I still pay €40/€50 for Heartgold, pearl, black and so on. So I don't tthink the price will go down by the time I finished the games. :'3
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The frog starter reminds me of Frogger. Not sure why. The grass type looks like Dewott rolled in mud, and the fire starter is cute! I think I'm going fire this gen. Gen 4 and 5 have both been water.
"a dewott rolled in mud" absolute class lol. I never played black and white so I dont know much about the starters but I do like the look of snivy and its evolutions.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Samurott is a monster. I love the Ohsawott line
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
First impressions:

+Yay 3D!
+Like the frog water starter
+Thank god, because I was getting sick of Gen 5.
+What else do you got, Game Freak?
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Looks alright, but I don't get how it managed to get so popular so quickly :O_o:
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
What I'm wondering is when GameFreak started development.
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's something I'm keen to know too
It will have to have been at least by the time they started black and white 2 . They probably had 2 teams or something
:iconsadistskunk:
SadistSkunk Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
It's pokemon. ;-) Pokemon is always very popular.
zerostorm91 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
well its the first pokemon game that actaully looks different from the ones we've been getting for the past decade.
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I admit, the game play looks immensely improved from those of previous Gens, and the addition of 3D should be a bonus (unless you're like me and get motion sick playing them).
:icongamesgremlin:
GamesGremlin Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Also, they said it will be released WORLDWIDE on October 2013...

Well, normally, it started in Japan and the US and Europe got it some month later.

I wonder if and how it will work then...
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Nope, all sources point to a simultaneous world-wide release date.
Add a Comment: