Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 90

Derailing a hype train.

:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
So, instead of giving a single smegma infested crap about the upcoming E3 conference since it is generously sponsored by bastards who supported certain bills that threatened the very life of the internet.

Instead, I turn the spotlight from what is in essence, another worthless launch party, and ask instead for opinions on what you want to see from GDC and PAX.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
:bulletblack: more 3DS releases
:bulletblack: any good news for THQ
:bulletblack: updates on CD Projekt's newest game
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
No question, but a matter of: WHEN.

Nope, they're being dismantled.

Who?
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
All I care about from the next E3 the following things:

1. What's Retro's new project?Please for the love of fuck, don't let it be Zelda.
2. Is there seriously going to be another Yoshi's Island for Wii U? Please for the love of fuck, be true and in 2D.
3. What the new 3D Mario will be? Please don't be another fucking Galaxy.
4. The new Microsoft E3 Please be the usual So Bad, It's Good of the E3s.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
1. What if it is, or what if Nintendo never lets us know because they're terrible about confirm/deny because apparently the 'subject to change' disclaimer is too much effort?
2. Yoshi has been relegated to the same position as Luigi: An unlockable. I really wish I could have simply played as Luigi in all the recent games. Is that too much to ask?
3. Hopefully something where you can actually go inside the castle, instead of it being the goal seeing as Princess Worthless is more or less a token now. Perhaps we can even return to the kingdom of Sarasa Land.
4. MORE KINEKET. WITH WINDOWS 8.
1. Dear lord, if Zelda of all franchises go to Retro, talk about a waste.:| Zelda, along with Mario and Pokemon, get the most attention as it is. I'm not normally one of those Nintendo fanboys that get bitter about not seeing more of their childhood franchises that they can't get over a decade ago, but I would rather Retro work on Star Fox or even another Donkey Kong than a franchise that far from needs it.

2. Well there's Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and in NSMBU,you can choose to be him.

3. So instead of Princess Worthless, we get Ms. "Hi I'm Daisy"?:iconwthplz:

4. THE BEST E3!:la:
But Retro did do Donkey Kong and apparently it was great. What if Retro were to do F-Zero or another series like that?

2. Not by choice and only if you've got another player. I'm talking out of the box choice. It was possible in Super Mario Brothers 2 (Not the USA version, the real 2), it should be that easy.

3. Not exactly. Not at least until world 5. And she could reprise her vow of silence. :dummy:
:icondecolesse:
decolesse Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
I'll watch all of them, just to see, occasionally there'll be something amazing at each of them and they're all relevant to my interests. Obviously I can't go to any, but that's besides the point. I am however sick of each convention allowing any old random bimbo to come in and talk about awesome games that they have no fucking idea about and are simply there for the male viewers to ogle over and be like AMG, GIRLS AND GAMES, MY TWO FAP-PRODUCTS. End of rant :3
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
You must have grabbed a pitchfork when you saw what they did to Lara and Samus. :la:
I've kinda got used to it with most aspects of gaming, just at cons I'm like "just get someone who knows what they're talking about". Most games depict female characters as sticks with a huge ass and another ass on their chest, who in reality wouldn't be able to walk straight without falling over xD somewhat ironically they tend to be most common in japanese-developed games. :facepalm:
Japan is rather a misogynistic country and only their culture is really to blame. Ladies don't play a large role in their society, sadly.
Yeah I know, I just watched my boyfriend replaying DMC4 and it made me roll my eyes how much more attention they put into making the boobs jiggle in scenes rather than improving the lip sync :P. It is present in western games too ofc just Japan seems to be a bit more crazy about it, not to mention the common very over-the-top gameplay styles :3.
Lip sync issues might more be a matter of lazy localization if anything.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I like E3 for the demos and the trailers.

I like PAX and the other cons for the indie material and lifestyle.
I wish to do PAX East and the PAX in Seattle(right spot?) in the same year.

East is no problem, Boston is a mere half day ride away.
It's in March and I think there is still time to get tickets.

I used to do the GamesDay Baltimore every year for a while and then got out of the war gaming.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I don't like E3 anymore, considering what the last two were; bogged down with meaningless natter.
:iconstar-dusk:
Star-Dusk Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
E3 2011 was shitty for Microsoft, at least EA's was great.
E3 2012 was better for Microsoft but was shitty for Nintendo.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
E3 2012 was bad for everybody
Star-Dusk Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Agreed, I'm not sure I even like the Wii U at all (honestly, played it, it is alright but eh, launch was bad).
2013 is looking to be sour. :la:
Star-Dusk Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I hope not.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Considering the first title I'm interested for Wii-U in happens to be coming out in the fall...
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
I still enjoy it, nothing else is on that weekend. The NFL season is still weeks away, hockey is over, it's not really time to fish for fluke, and my garden is probably at it's apex then so I need something to chill out to.
So why not chill out to youtube?
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I dislike youtube as a main source of internet time. It's for the lulz and some music, but I can't sit on that site for more than an hour a week
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
It probably helps that I often let videos run in the backrground while I do other things, its white noise to me. Also, I'm subscribed to the world of Longplays. :dummy:
:iconrequiemthefallen:
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
For developers to stop thinking Uncharted and Call of Duty are how to make games and instead focus on projects like Dishonored, Spec Ops: The Line, and The Walking Dead.

As for PAX... I just wish I could visit.
I would have called your point valid, but then you mentioned YAZG.
I mentioned what? *raises eyebrow*
Yet another Zombie game.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
In TWD's defence, the zombies are fairly incidental to the storyline.
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I endorse people to desire more zombie games.
I endorse people to kill the trend.
Between what the Zombi U and the upcoming Dead State creators are saying, I think now the new trend is using zombies in "the correct" way. Does that count for something? :B
No.
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Oh no.
I've been a zombie fan for decades now, I'll never get tired of it.
You could replace the zombies in Walking Dead with any other monster and it would still be as great a game. It has more in common with Heavy Rain than it does with L4D, so I'd do your research before you write it off.
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Isn't the Walking Dead one of those interactive cutscenes.
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional General Artist
It's an adventure game. An interactive cutscene would be CoD 4
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
The closest thing to "gameplay" that Walking Dead has are Quick-Time Events. Hence, interactive cutscene.
(1 Reply)
And the interactivity doesn't even matter!:la:
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
The Walking Dead can hardly be considered a game.
What are you talking about, man? That game, like, a work of art! :iconemokidplz:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
:|
(1 Reply)
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional General Artist
...well, it's more of a game than Call of Duty 4's singleplayer. It's got better controls, a coherent story, narrative specific mechanics, and dialogue that doesn't feel stilted. And the progress of the campaign makes sense. And there's genuine emotion brought about by it. And it makes you think...

I won't deny that it irks me that everyone praises TWD for things Spec Ops did very well on its own (and that a majority of reviewers seemed to treat as non-important in Spec Ops' case), but gaming journalists... are gaming journalists.

And as far as I'm considered, a game is what you want it to be. Some consider EVE online a capitalism simulator (I personally believe you could say the same of Runescape, back in the day), others consider it a gritty realistic sci-fi MMO. It's all a matter of perspective
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
I play games for gameplay. Judging by what I say, TWD is all talking and dialogue. I watched my friend play through almost 3 episodes and I couldn't fucking take it anymore.
(1 Reply)
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Can you at least kill that stupid girl? And not be punished for it?

I REALLY hate her hat and just want to break her leg and use her as zombie bait while I run away to safety. See, already I made a more honest and realistic zombie survival game.
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Haha, I'm not sure. I watched my friend play through 2 episodes and I couldn't fucking take it anymore.
(1 Reply)
But I've never even played either title you mentioned.
"[link]"

I realize it didn't come out on a Nintendo console, so it likely never came on your radar. Let me put it this way: It's probably going to resurrect the Adventure game genre as a whole.

And dude... how can you say 'yet another zombie game' without even knowing what L4D is? That's like saying "there are too many shooters" because of less entries in the Command and Conquer series -- know what you're talking about before generalizing. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you should just say whatever comes to mind. And Heavy Rain was kind of a big deal for anyone with a PS3, or who cared about narrative in games in general.

I advise you use Google -- it can get you information on these games you have never heard of.
You could have simply stated things without sounding like an utterly pompous and pretentious twat.
(1 Reply)
:iconpiratesadventure:
PiratesAdventure Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Urgh, the worst part is that the GDC isn't even meant as a promotional event. It's a conference where knowledge is shared between developers. At best, the only reveals we are supposed to see is whatever people have submitted to the IGF contests. :stare:
Add a Comment: