Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Next Skyrim DLC??

:iconspikeandshay:
spikeandshay Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I really hope it comes out soon!! Anybody know anything about it??

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Horse Armour.
that would be nice
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Meh, Skyrim is nothing but overhyped mediocrity. I liked that game better when it was Morrowind.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Morrowind had so many words, man.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Books? who has time for BOOKS, man! I want to stabby things!

Seriously, it's still on my to-do list to sit in a Morrowind library and READ the fucking books! Why? Because unlike today's widdle kids, I still like to read! The problem is, every time I play Morrowind, I get caught up in the actual game, because it's my favorite of the franchise.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Since I'm one of these newfangled youngster people, I'm not too fond of all the words in the game. I don't think I've actually gotten out of the first town in that game because I don't really know what to do.

Also, I don't really like the font in that game.

Elder Scrolls just isn't my kind of game! I just wasn't interested when I played Oblivion, and I don't really want to play Skyrim.

I do, however, enjoy Mount and Blade, which also has a lot of words, but they interest me more for... some reason.
I never played Morrowind but I have heard a lot of praise about it so maybe I will play it
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The Dragonborn DLC? It is already out for Xbox 360 (contract reasons) and will be out for the PS3 and PC soon (probably March.) The storyline is that the player goes to an island that was in previous Elder Scrolls games (can't remember what the name of it is though, nor can I care to look it up) to come face-to-face with the first Dragonborn. There is obviously more to this story, but I'll keep the details hidden. The new DLC includes new enemies for the island with a heavy concentration on wildlife (versus the undead in Dawnguard) and specifically adds to the list of Shouts, on top of a few other things to add to the main gameplay. There are no new unique weapon types like the crossbow, but there are more unique weapons. And yes, you can ride dragons that is not scripted but not in a manner as riding a horse.
:iconmarvelouschester:
MarvelousChester Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
PC*, you know the PS3 is too hard for them ;)
Nope, they actually said that the PS3 version is actually coming along well. Now whether Bethesda actually likes the PS3 is a different story.
Hmm...if they can pull it off and manage to give Dawngaurd(with a discounted price for obvious reasons of all their fail) Bethesda may redeem themselves to me...though I play Skyrim on my PC.
Yeah, had this issue been with the Xbox 360 or the PC compared to a system with an odd CPU setup that probably doesn't work well with how Skyrim is designed. But frankly, they would have to redo the whole game due to a lot of bad intentional design choices that actually caused the vanillia game on the PS3 as well as PCs to have issues.
In all honesty, I am glad for the design choice Sony made, grant it may suck when it comes to porting over multiplatform games but the companies that solely know how to program for PS3(Guerilla Games, Naughty Dog, etc.) know how to make a well-done, great game that have good graphics(for a console) along w/ good Frames Per Second(Once again, for console). I am very interested in how good Killzone will look and run on the PS4.

But back on the subject, Bethesda was just being lazy and probably realized after release that they NEED to put the proper care into developing, they probably tried the same approach of Dawnguard as they did w/ the original game but something must have changed if they are actually making progress.
I think it mainly comes with experience as I know major companies (Activision in perticular) stopped having many issues after a while because they had a team solely meant for putting the game on the PS3. Bethesda themselves have only put two games on the PS3 and both were a long time ago, so working on a large scale game with little past experience that are well outdated did not help with their porting team. Then the high level design of Skyrim works well with parallel processes which the cores can share information with each other (and almost every decent programmer knows how to deal with this) while this translate poorly on the low end as you have 7 out of 8 cores that are only aware of 1 other core (core 0.) On top of the game already pushing in terms of what it can do, porting the game ends up being a difficult task with plenty of things being placed on core 0 due to needing to know other processes that can't be divided easily. So given the one game breaking bug in Skyrim for the PS3, they probably haulted Dawnguard because of that. Seeing Dragonborn coming out might mean that they found a solution.
thanks ^^ can you control the dragon when you fly it???
Barely. You can say "use this attack right now" and "go in this general direction" but you can't actually control it directly like a horse. So if the Dragon decides to fly over a city where you will be showered with arrows, you will be pretty well screwed.
dang!! i was really hoping just to fly around like a mad man haha
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Why would you want their DLC?
??? uh because its more skyrim stuff, more quests, etc.....
Had they've been doing a good job at that lately?
I think so! I like them but I think that it is silly that people who have PS3 don't have them yet.
You do realize the issue with Skyrim and PS3, right?
yes
The problem is, which people still deny, is that BETHESDA CAN'T PROGRAM GOOD! It literally is a sloppy mess compared to others.
I don't think people deny this. They just choose to ignore.:B
Add a Comment: