Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Looking for people who play FFXIV Online and are excited for AAR!

:iconlilithali:
Lilithali Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello~
Lilithali Zenevieva here!
I am a fellow FFXIV player looking to find people on DA who share my passion. On 1.0 I played on the Balmung server as a Miqo'te, and I am one of the leaders in the linkshell known as Skaia. Our dearest friend Phantom is the guild creator. Now that the servers are down and we are transitioning to AAR, I have so much time on my hands!! Me and my guild mates have been game hopping and trying to find something to play until FFXIV is back online, however we just cant seem to stick to a game because its just not FFXIV. So in my spare time I have been drawing my character and wasting time on here.

I beta tested for 1.0 and played for a few months after launch. Sadly even-tho I continued to paying for my game time, I did take a break from FFXIV after those few months. Like many others I was very heart broken that it was just not the game it should have been. I had played FFXI previously to FFXIV, and it was thanks to that game I fell in love with my fiance who I met in RL. He talked me into playing FFXI with him and after spending so much time in game with each other a passion was born~
We both came back to 1.0 for 4 months before the servers went offline. It was during that time we met some of the most amazing people and Skaia was born.

Anyway,I am super excited and anxious for AAR (A Realm Reborn)! I think within time it will be a lot better than 1.0 could have ever been. Yoshi-P has done a amazing job so far and I am putting my faith in him. Alpha Testing is now over and Beta Testing is starting this Febuary, and word on the street is Legacy members get first priority!

Thanks for taking interest in this thread,
Lilithali~

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Lilithali Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
*derp* I just noticed I put AAR instead of ARR
:iconatelierjordan:
AtelierJordan Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I only played a couple of days during the beta, the battle system was just TOO strange to stick with, and the UI was too complicated ;~; The few clips of ARR seem much better though, so I will give it another chance then. You keep your previous characters though, right? I'd feel jealous of all the old characters and their no longer obtainable items..
Yep, we still get to keep our old characters, levels, items, ect.
AAR is going to be a lot better and I would sign up for the beta that way you can see if you like it before it comes out =)
They did say after some time has passed they will give out old event items. If you do start playing again you should look me up when the game starts =D
:iconatelierjordan:
AtelierJordan Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Do you know how to sign up for the beta? All I ever found was the alpha signup for existing members ><.

I kind of wish I stuck with it, it didn't look too bad of a game. Seeing that ending video was so sad, and I didn't even know what was going on..
The beta sign up releases Jan 7th (I think), so just check back on the Lodestone.
It was pretty terrible in the beginning, but it got so much better toward the end. I am not sure where you can read up on what happened =0 I wont say anything because of spoilers =X lol
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist
People still play FF14? Didn't SE publicly apologize for that game because its so bad?
Oh my gosh was it terrible when it first came out! Tanaka was the guy over it and he ended up resigning. Yoshi-P took over and really turned the game around. However, it was at the point where if the game was going to survive against all the new mmorpgs of today they had to completely re-design the game. That's why they are re-releasing the game as A Realm Reborn.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist
I played FF11 for years and wasn't impressed by FF14. Hopefully they are successful with this rerelease!
Lilithali Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I loved FFXI~
It was my first mmorpg and I was invited to play by my crush at the time /blush. We got to know each other better through XI and now I am engaged to him =) We played the hell out of that game.
Anyway, I think FFXIV is going to be so bad ass when it is re-released. Its definitely going to be WAY BETTER than 1.0 when it first came out.
Add a Comment: