Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58

Connecticut town collecting and destroying games

:iconblackheart6004:
Blackheart6004 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"In the wake of deadly school shooting, Southington group encouraging families to get rid of violent games in exchange for gift certificates."

[link]

Like this is going to solve anything.......

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnightchildmoonchild:
nightchildmoonchild Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:iconheaddeskplz:Oh great, it's like when records and pinball machines were smashed back in the day. That did jack shit.
:iconpictureonprogress:
PictureOnProgress Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Blaming games again?:unimpressed:
They have little to nothing to do in this :/
I mean... I played Burnout for 5 years, and that doesn't mean that, as soon as I get a car, I'm going to crash other vehicles and blow my car up just for fun:facepalm: Of course it's bad and suicidal, so why do it?
:iconmetalhartrockandroll:
metalhartrockandroll Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I figure it helps them through something unthinkably horrible so why not. It's not like they're calling for censorship or something.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A bunch of other posters said it before be, but this won't solve anything. You can't take someone's video games because of a massacre that someone else committed. If Lanza was influenced by a horror story, would there be book burnings, and/or banning said books from libraries and bookshops??

And is it concrete truth that the shooter was influenced by video games? What about his mental health?
:iconrequiemthefallen:
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
This is my response to them:

*Quadruple facepalm*

or

That thing you're doing, it doesn't mean what you think it means.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Thankfully, I had no plans to visit Connecticut. Seeing as this was sponsored by their chamber of commerce, its a pretty obvious stunt. I'd reach down and thank them for burning plastics by raising all commercial taxes by the minimum amount possible for 'showing you aren't above being immature apes'.
:iconairiaen:
Airiaen Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
..they shuldn't be playing them in the first place. Parents are evil... evilll. Get them Ben 10 for Christmas not Call of Duty, or heck Final Fantasy but its no surprise all I ever see in stores is games with soldiers holding guns. At least Borderlands and Far Cry 3 bring effort. They should play those.
:iconsmattila:
Smattila Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013   General Artist
Very very disturbing
:iconsilver-shadowoni:
Silver-ShadowOni Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Awesome that it's biscuit. This is a stupid event and it should be stopped so help me by signing my petition please. Here is the link for it. [link]
:iconzedasiria-derazz:
Zedasiria-DeRazz Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Wow this wont solve anything at all >:(
Add a Comment: