January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

What exactly is Kingdom Hearts?

:iconshaymincutie:
shaymincutie Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I guess I'm a little clueless.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscouterv:
ScouterV Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Writer
A single-player RPG with an original (though somewhat complex,) storyline that includes elements and characters from both Disney and Final Fantasy.
:iconsteffiesilva:
SteffieSilva Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
its an amazing game i love it ;w; <3
it includes disney characters but its still a badass game c:
:icongodesscall:
Godesscall Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A story with such a confusing storyline that the game itself makes no sense

And let's not forget that Square trolls us by changing console platform everytime they release a new Kingdom Hearts game
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
FF and disney RPG, that is a hack and slash RPG. THats basically it.
:iconalumnae:
alumnae Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Think about FF and Disney having sex and giving birth to a lovechild. The kid was pretty cool when he was young, but he grew up to be an immense bastard.

There. I just saved you the entire basic premise of the KH series.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Terribly written fanfiction masquerading as a game.

What's that you say? The director likes ice cream? We'll make an entire game around horrible characters dressed in black leather licking ice cream goddamnit! Got it memorized?

:iconbangkillplz:
:iconskyfire2008:
SkyFire2008 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
A video game, apparently.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
In my eyes its a platformer with RPG elements with a story that copy and pastes emo final fantasy characters with Disney Characters. It has a complex story that makes no sense other than you play the role of a boy named Sora who gets sucked into a portal and has to kill some dudes. It has a girl and a guy as protagonists. Everyone cares about it but they never play any other games.
:iconluminousbrink:
luminousBrink Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
a good rpg with anime looking characters mixed with a little final fantasy and a lot of disney and a lot of jumping
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
A mixture between the most over expose rpg series and the most over exposed Disney canon. Also button mashing.
:iconnapalmshell:
napalmshell Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
you're in kingdom full of hearts beating the shit out of heartless monsters

oh and GUMMI SHIP
:iconpopstck:
popstck Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
only the best game of all time! n___n
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Take one part Final Fantasy characters, mix in two part Disney themed levels, and gradually add in a cup of yaoi fan service with each squeal in the series. Mix thoroughly until all semblance of a cohesive plot is blended beyond obscurity. And for added flavor, add a dash of a shitty Gameboy Advance card battle game which the audience is required to play though completely to understand anything that is going on when they play Kingdom Hearts 2.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
It's masturbation material for sicko pedophiles.

Seriously, they're creepy. Avoid them. They are terrible, terrible people.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I think it's been said best already, a game were you hit things with keys and donald and goofy.

It has some pretty good combat in the second game.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
A fairly straightforward series gone awry with time. If you're looking to get into the series, just start with the first three - KH1, Chain of Memories, KH2, since that's the most straightforward storyline, and also the more interesting games to play. Basically, they're action RPG's that feature Disney and Final Fantasy characters, but the series itself follows its own storyline.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Final Fantasy+The worse parts of the Disney Canon.
:iconsuper-john-doe:
SUPER-JOHN-DOE Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Kingdom Hearts is an Action RPG(I think...) series developed by Square Enix(or SquareSoft or whatever they call themselves now). The series is actually a collaboration between SquareEnix and Disney, so it features characters from both companies, such as Cloud and Squall from Square Enix's famous Final Fantasy series and Disney's Donald Duck and Goofy.
However, the main characters are original and do not originate from previous games.

The main characters are different in each game, but basicaly the whole plot is that some bad guys wanna conquer all the worlds and you gotta stop 'em... The plot is more or less different in each game, but that's pretty much the whole idea...

The game plays like an RPG. You fight enemies to gain Experience Points(or EXP or XP for short). When you earn enough EXP you level up your stats, such as Attack(ATK) and Defense(DEF). So, the higher your level, the better.
The characters also have abilities, but they need Ability Points(AP) to equip them. The more APs you have, the more abilities you can equip. Some abilities activate automaticaly(such as High Jump), while others need to be executed(such as Guard).

Instead of using turn-based battles like most RPGs, though, the Kingdom Hearts series features real-time battles and has a mini-battle menu.
The battle menu is your way to victory! It has four commands:
ATTACK,
ITEM,
and SUMMON are the main commands.
*The 4th command varies depending on the situation.
* You gain Summons as you play the game. Different summon characters have different abilities. Some fight with you while others heal you.

MAIN CONTROLS:
You control your character with the left analog stick. You can use the the D-Pad(or the left analog stick in the first game) select a command in the mini battle menu. To select/confirm anything in the game or execute a command simply press the X button.
The O Button makes the characters jump and cancels options.
You can perform certain actions with the Square button.
The Triangle Button usually opens extra menus.

SECONDARY CONTROLS:
To adjust the camera use the R2 and L2 buttons in the first game or the right analog stick in the second one.
Use the R1 button to lock on enemies. This is very useful, make sure to use it!

Sorry, I haven't played the PSP game in a long time and I never played the DS game(s), so I dunno the controls for the games on those consoles.

Personally, I love the series and if you're a fan or Disney or Square or RPGs then I highly recommend trying out this series, especially the PS2 games!

I hope I helped. Sorry for the super-long reply, but I wanted to include as much info as possible! ^_^'
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
The most overrated Action-RPG franchise ever. Or the Twilight or Bayformers of video games.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconsadnod:
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
:nod: for the former sentence.:no: For the latter sentence. That's harsh.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
no
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
A game series where you run around hitting soulless monsters with giant keys.

Also, Donald and Goofy.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A bunch of action RPGs featuring both Disney and Final Fantasy chracters.
Coming from you, that was pretty boring :iconmadnoesplz:
:lol: Well, this thread's going to end up a gigantic mess anyway, why not give a straight answer?

Plus I haven't played any of the games so I don't think I have any standing on the awful plot.
You haven't played any of them? :noes:

You should at least play the first one! Even if it is button-mashy as hell, and really goddamn campy.

...well, now I'm wondering why I enjoyed it so much.
I would if I could stand Disney, but really? I don't see that happening any time soon.

Plus, after all I've heard about the plot, I'm not even sure medicore platforming/button mashing could make up for it.
superpika237 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
The plot in the first game is pretty simplistic, and it can be pretty fun to beat the shit out of the Heartless.

But oh well!
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
But it's still got Disney all over the place!
superpika237 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
And that's alright, that's okay, space jaaam!
(1 Reply)
:iconshaymincutie:
shaymincutie Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Ahaha, okay. Makes sense now.
:nod: Glad to fill you in.
Add a Comment: