Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013

Replies: 106

What Kind of Gamer Are You?

ToxicSaliva Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Digital Artist
Title basically explains it.

For me, I'm a complete rager xD I always blame everything and anything

"MY DOG IS DISTRACTING ME----wait, I don't have a dog....?" 0-o

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

SigmaEleven Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'm a PC gamer. With a decent entry-level PC, I can easily play which pc games I want.
But I'm getting bored easily sadly :D I complete games too damn fast.
Hellsing-Order Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
When I play a game, I usually play through the story. If I find secrets, awesome. Once that is done, I go back and search every square inch for every secret and try to complete the story 100%.

Now when it comes to multiplayer, I'm 75% a quiet gamer unless they talk to me first. If they're polite, I'm polite back. Same with those who are rude but I never curse at anyone. They mess with I do the same. No I'm not a troll, I'm just showing what goes around comes around. ;)
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013

I try to find things that aren't quite exploits, but more of loopholes in the system. Little shortcuts rather than sequence breaks. And if not that, I'm the explorer. I'll wander around the map if you'll let me, if the map is worth wondering.
BrennanBA Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm very patient. I make a good sniper, and assassin.
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I like a game with a lot of action and a lot of guns!

I basically just play a game if it's fun. What's the purpose of them otherwise?
lemon1986 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013

and brainwashing!
Dragunov-EX Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
At least you admit you're a rager, that's respectable :)

I Would say I'm an Adaptive-Competitive gamer, I play everything, and i'm ussually good at what's right there in front of me, and when theres someone against me, I get serious... sometimes too serious. :3

Im ussually good at everything ....unless its fire emblem.
Pianocanival Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
RPG - biased. I basically search a great involving story that in the best of cases contains incredible music and art. Gameplay is kind of a secondary thing to me. Also, I really like a lot the Point-and-Click stuff... So .. yeah

That doesn't mean, however, I don't enjoy a good shooter or a platform.
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
More of a casual gamer, with some obsessions in certain franchises like Pokemon, Super Smash Bros, Mass Effect, Halo. In the games I obsess over I try to 100% them and then get really good if they are multiplayer, like Halo.
owlbuddy Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'd best describe myself as a 'little stalin', in that when my team is being stupid I begin to rage and demand that they obey my commands if they feel like winning. :grump:
Enetang Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I'm more of a competitive gamer when it comes to multiplayer/online games.
But I'm a laid back gamer when it's single player or campaign games.
QRob Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Try and play league of legends, if you wanna learn the true meaning of rage.
faster-by-choice Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
I play a lot of adventure games. Pokemon and Sonic are at the top of my list of favorites, and I get really into the esoteric stuff about them when I'm being serious about them. XD

When I play I tend to talk to myself or the character(s) I'm playing with. I scream like a banshee when stuff comes flying at me or if I'm about to fall off an edge XD If I get hit or die, swears go flying until I rage quit, lolol.
mobius-118 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
hardcore FPS gamer but not a rage induced madman
Scyoni Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The murphey's law variety that thinks the little imp rolling the dice behind each of my actions is out to get me.

I plan to lure them to their doom with nachos and code red.
scorpafied Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
ima hardcore gamer. so when i playa game and press jump and it doesn't jump then i die because of it. im like AHHHHHH!!!! then bad words are used :P
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I'm not a gamer, but I absolutely love to play games. Recently I've become a raging at the games I play if the characters don't act the way I command them, too. I think my raging will stop eventually, I just have a lot of frustration and anger built up. I used to be a calm and relaxed, just enjoying the game. Kind of sad.
vic-viper-001 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm the type of gamer who gravitates towards all the hard stuff, but doesn't have the patience or the skill to beat any of it without spouting off a bunch of expletives!
Vallie-Redfield Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I play Survival Horror and Adventure games. Simply, I love gaming. :heart:
Kn0p3XX Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I'm a relatively quiet player.

I play much Minecraft.. and yes, i got rage sometimes.. because it's lagging when i surrounded with Mobs. :C
Haruh2 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Im the kind that likes just about any kind of game.
jeanbeanxoxo Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
im more of a casual gamer.:)i don't let myself get mad or fusterated if i don't win. and normally the one calming down my boyfriend/friends who are all rage gamers.:giggle:
Mayplefly Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I use to be a serious spend-all-my-time playing my Pokemon games kind of player. My games were actually recording the amount of time I have played. From 7 years old to 20, I had over a thousand hours playing.
commanderandrew595 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
i sometimes disagree of trolling, yet i do it myself....
i do MCXBE but i try not to do it online because of dem pyro-greifers and regular greifers or any kind of greifers in that game...
but i do what i can to focus on RTS games, WHY WONT YOU LET ME COMPLETE YOU NOD CAMPAIGN FOR CNC 3 TIBERIUM WARS FOR XBOX 360 just why... T_T
i sometimes play halo, i dont know if battle stations pacific counts as RTS so im just saying i like battlestations pacific
Twilightdrifter Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I'm more of a casual gamer. When I was younger I used to rage...but now I'm kind of 'meh'. I think it's because turned based RPG's ended up being replaced by action ones. Also, I just don't really have the money and can't really keep up.

I just bought a 3Ds, but when I do play something it's either Poke'mon, some rpg, or WoW, when I had my computer. I like games, but since most of them are becoming M rated I'm just not that into them as I used to be. :shrug:
ShadowLycan39 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I talk to myself when I play video games. Usually I talk to the characters like they're sitting in the room with me and have one-sided conversations with them. And then when I get angry because I keep dying or I'm stuck on a puzzle or something, I scream at the character and blame them for it. People have told me I'm weird.
itt0ryu Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
rage bro here
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'm the Offline Outcast. I'm the guy who knows how to be the helpful, useful, supportive online teammate, but regretfully has little-to-no way to get online. This subspecies of gamer also groans in frustration when playing solo prevents him from getting top-tier gear. I know solo play like the back of my hand, but no way to exercise it.
AbsolutelyRidiculous Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Major rage. I can play RPGs with no problem, but drag me into Call of Duty or oh say, Tekken, and my normally calm self starts swearing up a storm and throwing controllers. x( Not proud of it, but it happens...
Spunty Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
I was raised a PC gamer. While all the kiddies had their SNES' with Mario and their Genesis' with Sonic, I had DOOM, Age of Empires 2, the original Fallouts, Diablo, and Deus Ex.

Nowadays, I've opened up to consoles and the hidden gems they carry, but my heart will always remember all the fond memories of splattering demons:icondoomplz:, building a mighty kingdom to smash the French scum into the dirt:iconwololoplz:, and scampering about the shiny floors of UNATCO HQ:iconjcdentonplz:.
PegasusQueen Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
Age of Empires!
Thanks so much for reminding me!
I have the whole collection on dvd, I always want to play but my computer won't read disks and that upsets me so much!
Age of Empires 3 is the only one I can play right now.
I miss the old ones so much now.

They have a similar Sci-fi type. It is very different called Starcraft 2?
Spunty Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I have age of Age of Empires 1 Gold Edition. It comes with the Roman Expansion pack :D

And yep, I have heard of Starcraft 2. There is no way I'd play it competitively, since my slow ass would just wind up getting ripped apart and fed to the Zerglings, but I'd happily play it solo.
PegasusQueen Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
I really like StarCraft custom games!
There is a game mode like Age of Empires except you control your person.
I like games where I can build a city, and have everyone live comfortable lives but I will still be able to control everyone individually.
So far Age of Empires accomplishes that but the closest I have to controlling people is Sims 3.
Spunty Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
You ever heard of this Sims game called Sim Ants? 3 words: Ant Colony Simulator.

It's like the Sims, except you do stuff like build colonies, collect food for your colony, kill other rival ant colonies, and other dangerous insects like spiders, grasshoppers, and other stuff! And get this, you actually get to play as an ant! One of my favorite obscure games of all time. Google it up. You may like what you see!
PegasusQueen Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
It seems a bit old. It is unnatural for a game to have to be played by an animal but it is rather interesting. These types of games are rare. I want a game where you fly as a bird and evolve. You eat, hunt, and fight to survive. The newest game that allows for actual animal lifeish is Tokoyo Jungle.
I am not sure about SimsAnts because it is old. It may be good but hard to find.
h-irsch Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I play whatever interests me?
Blasian89 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Im primarily a Single and coop campaign type of player, but I enjoy a good multiplayer. I prefer team objective-based game modes rather than free-for-alls and mindless team deathmatch. I enjoy 1-on-1s like fighting games but after a while that pressure and anxiety in my chest gets to me. It forces me to pull off some amazing feats, but I don't like that feeling. I prefer the comfort of fighting alongside teammates.
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have played a lot of FPS games... And I always blame the blame the barrels...
PickleParfe Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'm about to rage, but then I go to a poker face
Azeron17 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Or the ever so common "they must have cheated" response I've heard all to often.

Aside from maybe free mode in GTAIV I'm strictly a single player type of gamer. Maybe I'm a bit antisocial about it but I often hate playing online.

On top of that, I more like to play open world RPG/action type games. It's nice to be able to tackle in game situations the way I want.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I go for strictly gameplay. If a game so much as has one unskippable cutscene after the beginning or several minutes of cutscene skipping, I disregard it as a viable form of interactive entertainment. I don't care about graphics or story. I just want a game that's hard for the right reasons, has replay value, and doesn't give me what I find to be bullshit like poor programming, bad controls, gratuitous story, or multiplayer (I do like multiplayer, but it holds no importance to me).

My tastes have driven me to play games shrouded in obscurity and stuff bandwagoners hate and I couldn't be happier with the stuff I've discovered. Akai Katana, Luminous, Satazius, Sine Mora, Nexuiz, Call of Duty, Ragnarok Odyssey, Thunder Force, Ketsui, R-Type. These games make me happy because they cater to me almost 100%. :3
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I like rpgs. I go through phases where I'll be playing every waking minute, and then times when I won't play anything at all.
Satoshi444 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student General Artist
Well, Video Games filled my life since childhood. Although started when I turned 16, video games started to flew away from my life and Internet takes over (even though I got Internet ever since like I was 10). Oh well, what kind of Gamer I am? Well, pretty much an enjoyable gamer. I play video games to enjoy myself so, I don't blame on everything and anything for losing in the game or something. My older sister always thought me to never take Games too seriously. She said, "if you lose, try one more time. That's a game right? There must be a way out". So, yeah, Video games are meant to be enjoyable. Unless your life depends on em.
UncleDrewMeister Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student General Artist
That's kind of a difficult question for me to answer.

I was born with video games and I grew up with them, so I guess that would make me an old timer to that extent. But the thing is as gaming evolved, I kind of started losing interest because of how many titles like Cawodoody overshadowing games with more creativity, which seems to becoming hard to even find in a game these days.

I guess I've became a more on and off gamer if anything. But all the same games will hold a place in my heart.
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I'm skillful one. :wink:
cassandra-heatley Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
For the most part I'm the pretty calm and patient gamer, I have a limit though, but my boyfriend is the rager so it really wouldn't work out if we both raged. As someone else mentioned though LoL is the exception, when you rely so much on other people to work as a team it can really piss me off sometimes xD
Z3ldaMahBoi Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Digital Artist
S-moreAnime Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
*staring at a bright screen in the middle of the night*

I am a girl gamer who plays worthy rpg (including Pokemon and kingdom hearts). I sneak my video game time in whenever cuz I don't get time in during the day. When I do, Twilight Zelda is my first option.
LilyLindsey Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Writer
I'm the support, helping everyone else do their own thing to the best of their ability and letting them carry me to victory.
Either that or I'm the one that destroys the enemy and chirps them all day long. Trashtalking is, unfortunately, a dying art.
CometColt Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What kind of gamer am I?

- When I'm playing casual, I play on either Nintendo systems or my iPad. When I'm going hardcore, I prefer Playstation (I never cared much for Xbox).

- My favorite genre of game is action-adventure, preferably games with platformer and RPG elements. However, I'll also play main series Pokémon, pure platformers, puzzle games, racing games, and fighting games (particularly Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros., and PS All-Stars). I don't tend to play most mainstream RPGs and I absolutely don't play FPS (except maybe Halo), sports games (except Wii Sports), or survival horror games.

- I get aggravated when I'm being overwhelmed, failing constsantly or at a critical moment, when I make last place in a racing game, or when I'm defeated in a really cheap way.

- I tend to play games for about an hour or two at a time. When a certain part is frustrating me too much, I just stop and try again later.

- I hate using walkthroughs; looking at them makes me feel like I'm too stupid and incompetent to beat a game on my own. I only use them when I have to for puzzles I can't solve or bosses I don't know how to beat.

- When it comes to multiplayer, I prefer either solo or co-op.

That's me as a gamer in a nutshell.
Add a Comment: