Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 136

Biggest challenge facing game devs/publishers for 2013

:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
So, what are some of the hurdles and challenges facing our favourite titles and devs, i would say new ips because were nearing the end of a cycle so nobody wants to take a risk. also games being delayed wich can be difficult.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Capcom: Making a game that's actually complete without disc-locked DLC. Or bringing back Breath of Fire or Power Stone.
Konami: Actually making a game for once that doesn't have the words "Metal Gear" or "Silent Hill" on it.
Obsidian: Making a complete, functional game and not blaming their game's shoddy quality on the publisher. (IE blaming Lucas Arts for KotOR 2, Bethesda for Fallout: New Vegas, or Sega for Alpha Protocol)
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
I think all the devs have got alot to do to try keep fans happy in next gen gaming.
:iconlilylindsey:
LilyLindsey Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Writer
Development costs are going to be the main issue. With AAA games having absolutely insane budgets, it's hard to justify low-budget games being sold at comparable prices.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Good point, the strength over all is probably in mobile gaming atm so AAA will be having to decide how much more they spend on there titles.
:iconty-calibre:
Ty-Calibre Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Production costs.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Yes, they got bigger than ever, for most devs though it seems to be down scalling as the decline of the mega publisher's has happened.
realistically the major players are minute in numbers compared to smaller devs and with the boom in moblie gaming wich shall take care of it's self as the devices get better i think.
:iconowlbuddy:
owlbuddy Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
As far as western game companies are concerned, I think the main challenge is pulling themselves out of the giant holes of mediocrity they've been digging themselves into for the past 10 years or so.

I fucking miss the early 90s. :grump:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Certaily alot of changes happening now and into the future.
:iconthelamadude:
TheLamadude Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Filmographer
Keeping THQ alive! Boy I really hope stuff goes okay for those guys...
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Yes please do well.
Add a Comment: