What are the best single-player PC games you can play with no internet connection required?

These days, most games that require internet connection like MMORPGs or MMOFPSs are the most popular. Most single-player games are often overlooked. As soon as I get myself a gaming PC, I already know some good online multiplayer games I can play but what if my internet connection goes down? I would need some good offline games to play to pass the time.
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Minecraft.
If you're looking for a time waster, this is it.
Tried Hotline Miami yet? Good one to scramble your brains into mush in a psychadelic shotgun kind of way. This is a great thing.
Cave Story is pretty good, just prepare for some awkward controls :x
Anything off of GOG.com

Jade Empire

KotOR 1-2

Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers (this one is a great investment. It was my 2012 game of the year. And it's all offline).
Also

Civ 3

Half-Life 1

F.E.A.R.

And in theory, you can set your Steam to Offline, then play the offline features of those games. You need it online beforehand to install them, though.
How current do you want it?
Crusader Kings II
FTL: Faster Than Light
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Rayman Origins
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Game of Thrones
STALKER. the whole series.

:stare:

oh man I've never had so much fun in a game before. Either that or Fallout New Vegas.

and you must play Deus Ex. Great story line.
Seconded. Though I never warmed to the sequels, Shadow of Chernobyl, especially with the complete 2009 mod, is my favourite game ever.
I'm kinda showing my age here but I gotta say Doom! :icondoomplz:
Oh, there are some young people who fucking love Doom. Do you use Dosbox or a source port?
You can get it of steam to :> I will do so sooner or later!
I'm just gonna go the easy way and pirate it. :iconyouareapirateplz:
Yar-i-harr x]
actually, I have a CD-Rom re-release of it. Plus I have it for the XBox along with Doom 3
Not bad. I'm gonna pirate it (I've only played the shareware) and run it in GZDoom. I have a bunch of Doom - engine games from the far back era, like Heretic and Hexen.