Big the Cat Retired

According to this video:

[link]

Sega have retired big the cat for good. Good riddance?
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Only Sonic characters that should stay:

Sonic(dur)

Tails(surrogate brother/sidekick)

Knuckles(rival)

Amy(comic relief)

Eggman(main baddie)

Metal Sonic(great villain)

.....and that's pretty much it. Shadow would be fine, but only if he dies in the end like was supposed to. Cream is adorable, but she has no reason to be there. I would not touch Trunks wannabe the Hedgehog with a 20 foot pole. the rest of the characters feel like filler to me.
He never really played a major role in the games, he was just a background character. He could have had a chance to shine (he was playable in Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast), but he fell by the wayside before he ever had that chance.
Big hasn't been relevant in years. Is this news? I'd be more impressed if it was Shadow the Hedgehog given the boot.
The only good new sonic character and they get rid of him
No, I mean :iconbigthecatplz: who's voice actor also did the voice of :icondukenukemplz:
I didn't say she.
Why do you think Big's the only good new one?
mostly because the voice actor.
Which still surprises me that Jon St. John AKA Duke fucking Nukem voiced Big.
Well, That's one down. that just leaves 16 or 17 more characters to axe before were down to just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik. C'mon Sega, let's commence with the rest of the axing!
Have you ever played Sonic Advance?
Yup, I've played all of them actually... They're pretty good. But I still think Sega needs to axe almost all the Sonic characters for good.
Why? They could play better than they used to.
Now if they would just retire the Sonic franchise.
Its well past dead, it has no dignity left, but for crying out loud stop defecating on the corpse!
Keeping Sonic may even endanger SEGA.
Sonic ceased being relevant 12:00AM January 1st 2000, because his very core was too heavily steeped in the "X-TREME!" attitude of the 1990s.
I don't think the attitude's the problem. It's more Sega's inability to code a program a decent game that mostly involves running since that date. It's staggering how bad they are at it.
Well and there's that.
Still even with a well coded game, if people can't get behind the character anymore, its a wasted effort. Just look at that new Rayman game. No one outside of Rayman's small, but die hard fan base gave a shit, and it didn't sell very well.
Oh great. I hated him in sonic adventure and heroes. He was too retarded.
Good riddance.
Oh thank fucking god.
No, he should have been canned during development. But hey, this seems to a sign that perhaps Sega hasn't gone entirely off the deep end.
Now for Silver, Shadow, CREAM (useless after Sonic Advance 2), and Vanilla.