Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 75

So the first FFXIII-3 trailer is out, what does verybody think???

:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I kind looked more like an action adventure like assasains creed but with a sort of hybrid rpg battles system.

Hopeing to see more soon. certainly futuristic.

It's on youtube if you want to see it, i thought it was amazing.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
It's gonna be hated just on basis of it being Final Fantasy, especially Final Fantasy XIII. Yet despite the number of hate threads to people who like the game, it will still sell because the fans just don't feel a need to scream about it on the internet. Especially cause the haters and Yahtzee sheep chase 'em out.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Oh well maybe it can offer them something different, looks like they have changed things quite alot from the previous 13s.
:iconfinalxfan:
finalxfan Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I feel like the overall feel of it being a "Final Fantasy XIII" game is lost. Something about XIII-2 and Lightning Returns just seem like completely different stories. There doesn't seem to be a good flow between them ya know? =/ Story-wise, I thought XIII was great. XIII-2 was sort of a let-down. LR doesn't look completely terrible...I'm hoping this new system gives the game some more "dynamic." I'm most likely going to buy it just because I'm a die-hard for the stories and i loved XIII. Let's hope LR is somewhat of a redemption.

Ultimately, I think SquareEnix is a crowd pleaser. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Obviously, they're going to want people to buy their games and when it comes to Final Fantasy they'll want EVERYONE to be pleased. I think that's why they keep going with this particular title (besides furthering the storyline). I think it's worth giving a try : )
Well i'm hopefull that it can offer new things maybe some people will like it. Square seem able to always get something into the series that people can get out, definately for me anyway.
:iconfinalxfan:
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I agree :) I've always found something to like about the series
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Fuck Final Fantasy, that franchise started to suck since FFX. At least Sonic the Hedgehog managed to be good again.
Well it certainly looks different from the others, hard to say.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Artist
Actually... it looks like pretty much the same as before. Square Enix is like Lucas Arts -- they started out good but now they don't listen to anyone and are an amazement that they keep on living on.
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Listing to the fans or the general gaming masses is the exact kind of thing that can ruin a great game series.
Actually, I don't listen to the masses. I do however know a few people that I trust who can speak very strongly on the topic in a very logical manner. Thus, I'm not betting on it being fantastic. And considering you're using Lightning as your profile, how am I to not know that you might be biased towards the XIII series?
defensive sorry about the typo
Yeah I know about the avatar but my comment actually had nothing to do with FF XIII. I am just pointing out that listing to fans or the general masses may increases a company's profit but if every company did that all we would have is FPS games sandbox RPGs shooter RPGs and action games. Yes I'm quite found of FF XIII but did not comment to be a defective rabid fan girl if that is what you where thinking. I just think developers should make the games they want rather than catering to masses and that goes for any game company.
Let me give you an example of when a developer goes too long without logic.

Lucas Arts has produced in the past few years:

The Force Unleashed (questionable experiment action RPG that was rushed out far too soon)

Star Wars: Kinect (cheap cash in)

A diner dash clone (cheap cash in)

Two on-rails iOS shooters and one on-rails iOS rhythme game. (cheap cash in)

Monkey Island HD 1-2 (cheap cash in)

The Force Unleashed II (cheap cash in that only improved the combat. It sold for 60 bucks but was literally 3-5 hours long, less without cutscenes).

Games fans would want:

KotOR 3 (not TOR, but an actual KotOR 3, which they cancelled)

Republic Commando 2 (also cancelled)

Battlefront 3 (development hell)

Battlefront Online (cancelled)

Jedi Knight 4 (likely never going to happen)

A new X-Wing or Tie Fighter game (fans are actually going to beat them to the punch, they finally just started making their own fan-game)

A new Rogue Squadron game (cancelled)

Grim Fandango II

Day of the Tentacle III

Full Throttle II

Star Wars Galaxies 2

There's choosing what you want, and then there's simply refusing to acknowledge easy money. They have so many IPs set in the Star Wars or other universes that would sell even if they were crap. Instead, they're throwing their weight behind even more unasked for endeavors, like 1313 (which is an Uncharted clone, lets face it). The line between artistic choice and ignorance is clearly defined in this case -- and all I've heard about Square Enix is similar to that of Lucas Arts.

I'm glad to hear you aren't a defective fanboy/fangirl/fanperson. One just has to be wary these days...
I agree that company's shouldn't get there fans excited for game then cancel it or practice bad bushiness ethics which Square has been guilty of lately by going a bit crazy with the DLC for XIII-2. But I don't believe a developer should design a game a certain way because of cry baby gamers who just don't like a games plot,gamplay ,or just don't like it because it's not the way they think it should be.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Artist
If one or two fans don't like it, then yes, they shouldn't. But here's the thing, this is a business. There are a lot of things developers (such as myself, although I'm only an indie dev) already do to please gamers. Here's two examples:

Live demos for things like E3 and Gamescom -- siphons team members away from the core project, and the same goes for some public release demos

Pre-release Screenshots and video -- which then forces devs to focus on making the game pretty over making it unique or playable. If people didn't require game to look "beautiful", most developers could just make basic polygon characters and instead focus on making the game work, then get the art done and account for bugs.

If developers didn't have to do either of these, and people didn't automatically assume a game will be bad just because of a trailer (as people did with Syndicate (2012), the TPS XCOM 1950s game, DmC, Mass Effect 3's MP, and many more games/modes), we'd seen developers focusing far more on actually making the games we want. Instead, most people encourage early announcements (hence the whole FF XIII VS debacle), demand to be dazzled by trailers even if the trailer contains no gampelay, then judge harshly just depending on their mood. Trust me, this is the one instance where I, as a developer, would want someone to tell me I was doing something wrong. The games fans of Square and Lucas Arts are asking for are often proven concepts/franchises rather than risky options -- which is usually what any publisher-developer wants to try to primarily stick to. These are AAA game companies, if they can't manage to please any majority of their fans, they they are failing at their jobs and should start listening.
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Yeah but making games should be about developer creating there vision not about making money. The fact the game world is focused on bucks these days is why there has been so few good games from 2010 onward. And don't mean to sound liked a rabid fan by saying this but the FF XIII saga is where I personality saw where listing to fans can produce a bad game. Gamers would not stop complaining about FF XIII being to linear as well as few other things ( I actually thought XIII was good and to me it felt like they put time to make a something unique and artistic).So because of this they made the plot of XIII-2 centered around time travel to get rid of the linearity completely changed bunch of things and added features like live trigger and cinematic action as well making the game complete void of CGI cut scenes. And it turned out to be of one the worst FF games I ever played.
(1 Reply)
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Maybe there something too that who knows.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
As unpopular as this opinion is, I do look forward to XIII-3. The synopsis of this game sounds like a fleshed out Majora's Mask. The trailer is shit though.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Well that would make you popular cause verybody here hates FF13 lineage. It looks heaps cool i think and i guess the tralier showed some different things wich will surprise people alittle.
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I thought you hated FF XIII
Uh, I never hated FFXIII. I just didn't care for the sequel (I didn't play XIII yet.) Besides, I'm willing to give this a try.
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I don't like XIII-2 that much either to be honest. the first one is a lot better than XIII-2.
I heard it's the other way around.:bucktooth:
A lot of people just don't like the linearity in XIII. XIII-2 is more open world than XIII that's why some people like it better.But XIII has a much better story line and characters than XIII-2.Here's an example (the stamp is not mine.). The Battle system is fairly similar only your battle team has three of the main cast rather than two humans and a monster and you can't switch party leaders.
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Yeah, I know about the infamous linearity of XIII. That's what made me avoid it. As far as storyline and characters are concerned, I'm not expecting much because Square rarely made a story that I didn't find eye-roll worthy. I didn't even like FF IV's and VI's stories all that much.
:iconalumnae:
alumnae Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I'm entirely sick of Lightning.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Well she uber scifi chick in the new tralier, maybe some people will try her out this time.
:iconluminousbrink:
luminousBrink Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
it looks nice, I've only played 13 though. I don't mind the 13 trilogy thing, but I really want Versus 13
Cool, lightning is all scifi in the tralier.
Versus, who knows when that'll be.
yeah, I actually like Lightning as a character, she is very interesting and badass, but I have waited so long for Versus 13 it hurts
Maybe it will be a long wait still with all the other ff coming out like a realm reborne for ps3. saw a timeline for it and it didn't look good for versus, but maybe it'll still come out.
what timeline?? & I know versus 13 has been pushed back a lot over the years, but I know that Nomura said they are now in full production
I saw a timeline of the whole history of the public staments and all the delays and all the press realeses and how it always got side track. all the so called cancellation's and all the promises that it was still in dev. it does look like they'll finish it but they have gone backnforth so much and alot of convoluted crptic at times comments from the devs has really made it a guessing game. there was a big write up in game informer the mag that i subscribe to. it's amzazing all the big things things that have happended in the industry and all the while versus still has not happend. so much stuff has happended amd been said it is hard to do anything but wait and hope. i'm optormistic it will be out but may still be a year.
yeah, me too. I've been waiting since middle school and I will be graduating high school next year. I think when the game comes out it will benefit Sqenix greatly
Also it does run the risk of being like duke nukem 3d it eventually came out and just didn't work anymore, that even came out in the time before versus and took ten years. but ff being more relevant will probably be alot more succesful. I'd also like to play FFIV the mmo on ps3. the beta is outi think.
:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hmmm... I'm not done with FF13-2, but I'll check out FF-13-3 soon :)
Yeah i'm still playing 13-2 but love the tralier for 13-3. I'm getting to the end and have maxed out my crystarium.
Luckyyy D: I'm half-way through the game! I got kinda nosey though and went to youtube to see the ending XD Man I suck. I can never wait fsdjbfjds
I saw some of it on youtube where they fight kiuas but didn't see the end. i'm way stronger than anything i fight and have even beaten long gu and he has 5000000 hp the most in the game and more than the end boss so i think i will smash garent and so forth.
my noel has 11000 and serah 7900 hp and technically you can beat the game on about 2000 approx so i'm very strong. the play guide wich i got has so much stuff in it. i'd never knoe it i didn't read it.
That's cool that your super strong :D By the way, are you striving for perfection on the trophy list in FF13-2 because I'm not. I'm lazy :P
Not 100% completion, i'd try that but i'll probably be playing 13-3 by then.
There is tons to do but after completion of the story like all the fragments and uber powerful weapons. serindepity is endless and is so deap in the likes of chocobo races and the machines. more kit than you should be able to reasonably carry.
still haven't even touched it and i'm like 54 hours in. i'm really hunting for monster materials.
:iconreluctantzombie:
ReluctantZombie Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Man, fuck Square-Enix.
Short and to the point. I like that.:nod:
Maybe there getting there groove back with tomb radier also. and htiman.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
While in my honest opinion, I think the hate to FF13 is strictly from people who don't like change in a game series, if something was subject to heavy scorn, drop it. A 3rd game is not smart. Make something new.

Heaven forbid they waste their time and money on a remake of FF7. I don't give a shit about the series, but they really need to quit milking.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
"I think the hate to FF13 is strictly from people who don't like change in a game series"

I don't think anyone is disputing that, change in games series can help breath fresh air into a stale series, but not all change is good. With XIII, they simplified it to the point that it was basically an on rails, babies first JRPG.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
...I honestly think ALL JRPG's are on rails. Even this one and a few others I can count on my hand that I actually like. I have no clue what could have been more simplified. The exploration? I'd believe that.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
You could say all games are on rails technically. Jrpgs really aren't that bad when it comes to restricting to what you can do. FFXIII on the other hand, only really let you run in a straight line.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I've played and quit enough to feel that with all of them. And while maybe all games are linear in a sense, games that boast adventure and stat building should be less so. And while I found most of 13 linear, the combat saved it in that I didn't find myself button mashing later on constantly.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Yeah change. lightning is so uber cyberpunk now just let her be. and vanille meant well they they were tough on her.

Heard they won't make another ff7 hd untill they make a better sequel, what ever that means.
Add a Comment: