Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 301

GameFreak makes a very big claim, says Pokemon will "evolve" in 2013.

:iconabstract-mindser:
An incredibly large claim for the company to make, considering that their last big innovation was battles involving 3 Pokemon on the same scene.

Hmm, let's see what some of the features that have been requested since at least generation 2 that they've yet to install...

:bulletred: Multiple trainer career paths, not everyone wants to collect the badges and beat the Worthless 4.
:bulletred: Basic trainer customization; the fashions offered by the default characters as of late are questionable at best, and I'm expecting ganguro to be next.
:bulletred: Joining the opposing team. (This mainly applies to Team Rocket alone.)
:bulletred: Seamless travel to multiple regions, because there really is a buttload of empty space on the carts.
:bulletred: Custom camera controls, because the žs view is stale and we want a new perspective.
:bulletred: A more mature/sleazy/less kiddy experience overall, because appealing to the Fleeting Demographic Rule is really stupid and we've grown up and have cash now, unlike our spoiled kids.
:bulletred: The death of the animated series in favor of the above point, because Ash Ketchum is a bad role model.
:bulletred: Sounds that move with the changing time, because hearing Bulbasaur's cry has lost its retro charm.

So, what are you expecting of this alleged evolution, and what would you actually like to see of Game Freak?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmayplefly:
Mayplefly Jan 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I want Pokemon to have the potential of Skyrim.
A wide open world with a million things to do and a million ways to do them?
:iconmayplefly:
Mayplefly Jan 13, 2013  Student Digital Artist
yep
:iconoddfox17:
OddFox17 Jan 10, 2013  Student Writer
It's becoming more like a traditional RPG.
Wouldn't traditional mean it would have stuck to the same perspective and battle?
:iconzazill:
Zazill Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
From the trailer it seems someone's trying to bring 'adventure' back into Pokemon, hope it doesn't stop here.
I agree on the multiple paths, but mostly I would just like to travel through Pokemon without having to go to every freaken gym or the ridiculous Pokemon league just to go to a new area.
Indeed. If hikers are equipped to the brim, then why can't a 10 year old kid pick up a pickax instead of having to take up a move slot with a useless HM move?
:iconzazill:
Zazill Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I sure wouldn't mind a new soundtrack, ie. something that doesn't sound a revamped pokemon gold album (gamefreak musicians must have really low aspirations)
If the musicians have low aspirations then what about the artists?
:iconstar-dusk:
First thing they need is player choices, like in Mass Effect for example.
Add a Comment: