Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 49

Playstation All Star Battle Royale

:iconbig-k-2011:
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Okay, so this game has been out for a while and I thought that it is a pretty cool game. I would like to hear from you guys (if you played it or not) what you think of the game, who is your favorite character, what do you like/ don't like about the game and what you like to see in the future for the game.

(P.S. Any complaints about the game being a rip off to Super Smash Bros and isn't a troll attempt, remember there are PLENTY of other games that have a similar concept as SMB. If you are a troll, please for the love of God make it original; I get annoy easily by obvious flame bait).

As stated above, I think the game is awesome for being a Sony equivalent to Smash Bros (not rip off, expy). My favorite character in the game is Sweet Tooth, mostly for his balanced gameplay and spot on character personality found in alot of Twisted Metal game. And I hope in the future the game add more characters like Crash in the future.

So, what do all of you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconalakdilion:
Alakdilion Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had a chance to play this game for a few days at a friend's house. Yes, it's a blatant rip-off from Nintendo's Smash Bros. franchise. It's still a really fun game, though. Solo play is better than SSBM, but far worse than SSBB (I'd go as far as describing it as boring). Multiplayer is nearly on par with the Smash franchise, with the main drawback being a small cast in comparison. If you're looking for a party-fighter game for the PS3, I'd definitely recommend it especially if the other people playing are familiar with Sony games.
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
In terms of genre and theme, they are pretty damn alike. But in terms of gameplay, well there is a better chance in pointing out how Guilty Gear X is an obvious rip off to Marvel vs Capcom.

Anyway, in terms of small cast, remember this is only the debut game (that is, if Superbot is going to make this into a series). Compare to the first SSB, this is a lot more (especially the fact that more will be added as time goes by).

And like before, I agree on story mode being better. The cutscenes and individual story is a smart idea, but it could of been better.
:iconsupertoad1000:
SuperToad1000 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
O IS OVERATED
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
OOOOOOOOOOO
O
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O
O
OO

OO
O
O
OOOOO
OO
O

O
OO
O
O
O
O
OO
OOO
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
OO
OOO
OOOOOO
O
O
O
O
O
O

O
O
O
O
O
O

OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
OOO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"wEEEEEEERHJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
True, O is overrated. After all, it is a fucking vowels; and I don't see why those letters are so damn important.
SuperToad1000 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I HATE THIS GAME ITS A RIPOFF OF SSB AND ITZ SONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SONY SUX
SS IS SONY SUX
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
NINTENO RULES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE SONY FANBOYZZZZTHIS GAME
IS OVERATED O IS OVERATED
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O
OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O
OO
O
O
O
O
OO
O
OOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE...
O
O
OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OO
O

OO
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Wait, didn't I mentioned somewhere before in this forum that I wasn't a fanboy of neither Sony nor Nintendo? Oh well, guess trolling means keep doing so even when the battle is over weeks ago.
:iconcometcolt:
CometColt Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
OK, seriously. You REALLY need to stop trolling like this.
SuperToad1000 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
T is i'm not trollng
T
T
TT
T
T
T
T
T
T
TT
TT
T
T
T
TT
TTTTTT
T
T
T
T
T
TT
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
TTT
TT
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
TT
T
TTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTT
T
T
TTTTT
T
T
TT
T
TT
T
T
T
T
T
TT
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
TTTT
TT
T
T
TTT
TTTT
T
T
T
TT

TT
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T

TT
T
T
T

T
T
T
T
T
T
T
T
TT

TT
T
T
T
TT

SONY FANBOYS SUFFER FROM A DISESE THAT THEY CAN'T SEE THE GREATNESS OF NINTENDO AND THEY HAVE A BAD TASTE OF GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE PLASTATION IS SUPER MEGA ULTRA OVEROVERHYPERATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(SORRY FOR TYPOS)
CometColt Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Uh-huh. Yeah, keep telling yourself.
SuperToad1000 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
OMG TIS GEIM IZ SAWR EWVRYTEHDET YYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
. . . Yyyyyeeeeaaaaah. All I can translate is "Oh my god. This game is so every [untranslatable]. Why?"

I think I should just ignore and move on as that make no sense even by fucked up interenet language.
CometColt Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
...I have no idea what you just said, but I still don't take you seriously.
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Honestly, the only problem I have with this game is its single player mode. I wish it had a story to it like Brawl had. I'd also like more characters and stages. WHY is there no character from Resistance!???!

Really fun game with friends though. I reccommend buying it if you have friends to play it with.
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Agree on the lack of story; maybe it's because the series is starting out and like SSB there was never a plot in the game, but yeah a story would of been awesome.

As for the lacks of Resistence characters, I think Sony couldn't come up with a memorable one besides the Chimera.
:iconrising-eclipse:
Rising-Eclipse Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
it looks good, but i perfer ssb over it. if you want to watch hilarious gameplay and commentary on it, look it up on uberhaxornova's youtube channel.
:iconscouterv:
ScouterV Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Writer
Haven't played it yet. Don't even on a Vita (the sad part about being a poor college student at quasi-expensive school.) I don't own a 3DS either, but I will say I've been keeping my ears open about All-Stars, and it actually looks pretty good. I've played a demo here and there and it wasn't bad. I always enjoy a good fighting game so All-Stars was one reason in particular I'm considering getting a Vita over a 3DS (not gonna lie though...kinda leaning more towards the 3DS.)

As for characters, color me shocked when Crash Bandicoot wasn't in the final role call. Crash and Spyro the Dragon were two guys who seemed like staples on the Playstation to me, though with some DLC in the work perhaps they'll make the cut later. Also, I would have to think at least one or two Final Fantasy characters would make the cut. I hear talk of an HD remake of FFX so maybe Tidus, Auron, or Jecht could be introduced to hype up that event. Though, I think Squall, Sephiroth, or Cloud would also be names on the list of potential characters. Then, there's the Kingdom Hearts series to consider, since the major titles have all been on the PS2 so perhaps Sora, Riku, Xemnas, or Xehenort's Heartless will be in. Or Roxas. It's a wide pool.
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Couldn't blame you on wanting a 3DS more than a Vita; Nintendo usually own the competition on handhelds.

Any way, I too am surprise Crash and Spyro didn't made the cut either. Even though they aren't first party characters anymore, they still have a chance as other third party characters like Big Daddy.
:iconscouterv:
ScouterV Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Writer
Well, to be fair price is another issue. Right now, it's just the least expensive (but also fun) between the two. If they were around the same price then I'd probably end up going with the Vita. Both are great, really from what I see.
:iconmrgamer01:
MRGamer01 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
A friend of mine bought it on launch day and brought it over since we were all interested in it. It lived up to what we thought it would be, and just a little more. It feels like something of a Smash Bros. game yes, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. So far I've had a great time playing as Jak, Spike (didn't they call him something else in there?), and Kratos now and then. Going to buy this myself sometime for the bonus of Cross Buy so I have a little more to do on my Vita.
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Cool response. Also, I do think there was a different protagonist in Ape Escape (I forgot his name however); Spike seems to be a more recent incarnation of the protagonist character.
:iconmrgamer01:
MRGamer01 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You could be right about that. I've only ever played the Ps1 Ape Escape and the PSP remake. Eitherway, the one from that game is one that's fun to fight with in game.
:icond-bandersnatch:
D-bandersnatch Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have not played it, i wouldn't mind trying it out tho. I am not to big on the character choices but then again i cant think of any characters i would like to see in it.
Well if you end up trying it, start out with Radec or Parappa to get a feel for the game.
SuperToad1000 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
OMG U SONEY FAUN BOIZ AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PALSATANS AL TARS IZ A RIPOF OF SUER SMASH BORS SEREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice try, man. I was never a Sony fanboy to begin with; better yet, I am never a console fanboy since I own all three.

Still, it is a funny post.
CometColt Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Shut up, troll. :unimpressed:
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
It looks...mediocre. I personally wouldn't waste my money on it. Played a demo at a local Gamestop, and the only good thing I can really say is that Kratos is more... "Kratos"... than he was in Mortal Kombat 9 (and I fucking LOVE MK9).
"It looks...mediocre. I personally wouldn't waste my money on it. "

Honestly, I can't argue on personal preference; but it is a really fun game after a couple minutes of play against computers on higher difficulty and other players.

"Played a demo at a local Gamestop, and the only good thing I can really say is that Kratos is more... "Kratos"... than he was in Mortal Kombat 9 (and I fucking LOVE MK9)."

Well that is the main appeal of the game, it manage to translate theses different characters into a mascot fighter pretty well without changing them completely. Like how they did Sweet Tooth, who normally is just driving a weaponized ice scream truck; they captured the sheer brutality of the character that is found in a lot of Twisted Metal cutscenes and ending. That is the one of the main reason I enjoy playing this game a lot.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I'm glad you like it. :shrug:
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I want to punch the guy who created that godawful boxart.
True, it does look like it's been photoshoped.
CometColt Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My brother and I are having a blast with Playstation All-Stars. I've literally been watching it all year and I played the beta; after finally getting the full game for Christmas, I have to say, it was worth the wait. :D My brother and I are seriously loving this game and personally, I think this and Smash Bros. Brawl are both awesome in their own way. :)

My favorite characters so far are Sir Daniel, Kratos, Dante, Evil Cole, and PaRappa; I'm also looking forward to using Kat and hoping that classic Spyro will make it in. My brother likes using Ratchet, Good Cole, and Sweet Tooth the most.
Cool. :D

Me and my two brothers also love playing the game, we all agree it is best to play stock mode in the game.
CometColt Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh yes, stock is easily the best way to play All-Stars.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Eurgh, don't use TVTropes terms like 'expy'. You sound like a complete idiot to everyone but the most shameful of nerds.
Okay, why not I try write everything I post in Kryptonian instead? Compare to using terms from a site, really nerdish nerds will understand that language.
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Or how about you just type like a normal person? You know, someone with a few braincells left over?
Normal person? On the Internet?

Are you sure I am the only with few brain cells, cause your comment seems more out there than mines.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Okay, what other games are like Smash Bros? PSASBR is the first game I've heard of that tries to emulate the SSB series, specifically Brawl and its Smash Ball.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
SSB is on my list to play, but is it really more than any other fighter game (like MK or SF)?
I can just list a bunch of games, but I think it is faster to tell to look up mascot fighter on the Internet instead. Plus everyone already gave some good example (but for mines it is Power Stone).
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Power Stone is not even close. Smash Bros is not just a mascot fighter, either.
Hmm, let's see what Power Stone has. Multi-man brawl? Check. Use of items? Double check. Battles set in time arenas? Seriously, the only real difference is the whole 3d gameplay and super forms.

And as for Smash Bros being just a mascot fighter . . . It is just a mascot fighter. It defines the genre as a whole like how Street Fighter 2 defines versus fighters.
:iconozonerx:
Ozonerx Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
"Viewtiful Joe: Reed Hot Rumble" and "Digimon Rumble Arena"/"Digimon Battle Spirit" had a similar idea before brawl came out. They weren't great, but it was a hype to play like the most powerful digimons in the series if you liked the show :D.
From what I can tell, Battle Spirit sounds like Melee's HP Battle mode
:iconozonerx:
Ozonerx Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
More like the "coin mode" actually; the player that has a higher amount of "spirits" (coins) by dealing damage to the other player wins. You can also digievolve to deal more damage during a limited time when a special digimon appears (like the "smash ball" in Brawl).
CometColt Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, there was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game a few years back that tried to copy the Smash Bros. formula, all the way down to the announcer from Brawl and having "Smash" in its title. There was also Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, which is basically Smash Brosl with Cartoon Network characters.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up

Engine: Modified Super Smash Bros Brawl engine

:lol: You don't say
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The only other ones I can think of are the Jump! Super Star games on DS. :shrug: It's not exactly something that's been cribbed a whole lot.
Add a Comment: