Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

What PC games work well in Windows 8?

:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My main concern right now when it comes to Windows 8 isn't the steep learning curve, it's whether or not I may have compatability issues with the games I like to play that work on past versions of Windows including Windows 7. For my next PC that I plan to buy or build, I will make sure to get Windows 7 but let's face it, we're all gonna get forced into 8 sooner or later.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
You might as well just format a windows 8 rig and get windows XP or something. 7 wasn't that good either, let's face it.
:iconblightofsin:
BlightOfSin Dec 31, 2012
Windows 8 has been designed to have great backwards compatibility with Windows 7 apps and games. I doubt you'd find few games that wouldn't play the same on Win 7 & 8 imho :P

I've had Win 8 for 2-3 months now, but reverting back to 7 just because of the annoying little things I've noticed!
DTrinidad Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you played any games on 8 like Team Fortress 2?
:iconblightofsin:
BlightOfSin Dec 31, 2012
Not TF specifically. But all of the games on my Steam that I've played are completely fine. Wow's fine. DayZ, Minecraft are fine. It's not a big difference between the two OSes like going to linux would. It's pretty much just UI changes and performance changes.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Dec 26, 2012  Student Interface Designer
No, we won't all be forced to use Windows 8 unless we all buy prepackaged PCs brand new from Best Buy. People are still getting on just fine using Windows 2000. :shrug:
DTrinidad Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There are people who still use 2000? Can they still download updates from Microsoft? I used mostly XP these days but I hear they might stop supporting it in like 2014.
:iconhotaru-suzume:
Hotaru-Suzume Dec 31, 2012   General Artist
Support for 2000 ended in 2010. Service packs for it can still be obtained from Microsoft.com.
DTrinidad Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I see, good to know.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Dec 26, 2012  Student Interface Designer
Yes, I have no clue about the updates though. Then again, these people probably don't use their computers for anything other than browsing the web, sending emails, and writing documents. :shrug:
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I just use Win 7 on one machine, and Win XP on the other. Makes it easiest to have old school freedom and newer 'shiny" games.
Add a Comment: