Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

What PC games work well in Windows 8?

:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My main concern right now when it comes to Windows 8 isn't the steep learning curve, it's whether or not I may have compatability issues with the games I like to play that work on past versions of Windows including Windows 7. For my next PC that I plan to buy or build, I will make sure to get Windows 7 but let's face it, we're all gonna get forced into 8 sooner or later.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
You might as well just format a windows 8 rig and get windows XP or something. 7 wasn't that good either, let's face it.
:iconblightofsin:
BlightOfSin Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Windows 8 has been designed to have great backwards compatibility with Windows 7 apps and games. I doubt you'd find few games that wouldn't play the same on Win 7 & 8 imho :P

I've had Win 8 for 2-3 months now, but reverting back to 7 just because of the annoying little things I've noticed!
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you played any games on 8 like Team Fortress 2?
:iconblightofsin:
BlightOfSin Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Not TF specifically. But all of the games on my Steam that I've played are completely fine. Wow's fine. DayZ, Minecraft are fine. It's not a big difference between the two OSes like going to linux would. It's pretty much just UI changes and performance changes.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
No, we won't all be forced to use Windows 8 unless we all buy prepackaged PCs brand new from Best Buy. People are still getting on just fine using Windows 2000. :shrug:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There are people who still use 2000? Can they still download updates from Microsoft? I used mostly XP these days but I hear they might stop supporting it in like 2014.
:iconhotaru-suzume:
Hotaru-Suzume Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   General Artist
Support for 2000 ended in 2010. Service packs for it can still be obtained from Microsoft.com.
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I see, good to know.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Yes, I have no clue about the updates though. Then again, these people probably don't use their computers for anything other than browsing the web, sending emails, and writing documents. :shrug:
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Artist
I just use Win 7 on one machine, and Win XP on the other. Makes it easiest to have old school freedom and newer 'shiny" games.
Add a Comment: