Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

Good 3DS Games?

:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So, I got a 3DS for Christmas, but don't have many games yet. Anybody want to recommend some good ones? Either hard copies or on the eShop, as long as it sounds good. I like RPGs, mostly, but I do play some action/adventure games and the like.

Any suggestions?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstickystickman000:
Stickystickman000 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Kingdom hearts 3d is pretty great, as is ocarnia of time ( But i prefer Majoras Mask, which needs a 3d reboot!!!) and Kid Icarus is good too, and Liberation Maiden is great too!!
:iconultra-mess:
Ultra-Mess Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
Kid Icarus: Uprising for sure, Mario Kart 7 has almost molded in my 3DS too if you know what I mean. Ocarina of Time is also a great game, and I never played the original.
:iconacidicart:
AcidicArt Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Artist
Super Mario Bros 2
and
Harvest Moon New Beginnings.

These are the only games I have right now, well besides the older Pokemon games, and I'm addicted lol.
:iconshaymincutie:
shaymincutie Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Kid Icarus, of course. Really good game.
:iconangelwings82:
Angelwings82 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Kid icarus uprising! Fabulous game! A must have, though the only problem is that the game is too short :/.

And also the super mario 3d land and the mario kart 7 are awesome 2!
:iconz3ldamahboi:
Z3ldaMahBoi Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Paper Mario: Sticker Star is pretty fun.
:iconrising-eclipse:
Rising-Eclipse Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Try Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remake. Perfection just got better. I am waiting for the relese of Fire Emblem, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Castlevania on the 3ds in 2013.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Wow, I thought I hadn't posted here before... Pardon me.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Heroes of Ruin and surprisingly Dream Drop Distance are the only good RPG's you'll find.
:icongregoryorizal:
GregoryOrizal Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage !? --- If you're a fan of the show then you NEED to get this game. It's pretty fun and the music is great, especially Marceline's theme.

Pushmo/ Pullbox: If you're wanting to play a good puzzle game then I would really recommend this one. You can also create your own Pushmo and share them with people/ Download other people's Pushmo with QR codes.

Cave Story: Its a really solid 2D, sidescrolling jump and shoot. Also has great music

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars: This one is a top down view, turn based strategy game. It starts out pretty easy but gets pretty challenging later on. Based on what you said you were into I'd recomend this one the most
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Kid Icarus: Uprising: Totally worth the 25-year wait. Hell, Hades' dialogue alone makes it worth the price.
Mario Kart 7: Because Mario Kart.
Resident Evil: Revelations. Proof that Capcom can still put out a good horror game, which makes RE6 even more disappointing.
Paper Mario Sticker Star: Because Paper Mario.
Metal Gear Solid 3: MGS3 is one of the better MGS games, and now it's on 3DS with updated controls and camera!
Ocarina of Time 3D
:iconinkysnowflakes:
InkySnowflakes Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles, and the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game that's coming out early next year. I haven't had a chance to play either of them yet, but Professor Layton and PMD are two of my favourite DS series and I would highly recommend them. All the games so far have had above-average plots (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and the first three Layton games stand out especially) and are very well-rounded games. Unless both games have suddenly taken a turn for the much worse, then they'll be well worth playing.
:iconskygal333:
skygal333 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Kid Icarus Uprising is something you should DEFINITELY get. It's phenomenal! The plot twists, the battle sequences, the characters, styles...just amazing. And the voice acting cutscenes? Brilliant.

Mario Kart 7 is a must because...well...it's a racing game! It's great for when you're bored or if you feel like going head to head with WiFi (or wireless) competition! Plus the customization is super cool.

I just got Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop distance and I'm loving it to pieces. Simply epic. It's a series of awesome. Best of all, you don't even have to be lost or go online to read what the series is about. As you play, you're filled in on previous game plots you missed. Battles are refreshingly challenging, plot is thick with tension, tons of references (anyone for Tron?)

Animal Crossing 3DS should be coming out in spring. I'm a huge follower since I was little so I like the series. A break from your battles and competition. Exchange those keyblades & race karts for becoming mayor and building a town.

And then it won't be for awhile but Super Smash Bros 4 will be for 3DS. And rumor has it Hey You Pikachu's being remade for the system as well.
:iconleara07:
leara07 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Legend of zelda ocarina of time, kingdom hearts dream drop distance and pokemon are all great games. It's all rpg, action and adventure :)
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
There isn't a Pokemon game on the 3DS yet that's not a spinoff or app.
:iconleara07:
leara07 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
whoops, I though pokemon black/white 2 was for 3ds xP but zelda and kingdom hearts are amazing!
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Nope, Game Freak didn't seize that opportunity.
:iconrising-eclipse:
Rising-Eclipse Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They will soon. I hear they'll revolutionize the main pokemon series on the 3ds in 2013.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I remain incredibly skeptical.
:iconkingofsouls:
Kingofsouls Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Definitely gonna agree with :iconkmwright: and Say Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor Overclocked is a must buy. Kid Icarus Uprising also very good, and it's only fault is that the control scheme is very awkward.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
The only ones that comes to mind that you might like:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked: a deep and hardcore tactical rpg with a great amount of non-linearity in Pokemon-like gameplay and story.
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward: a horror adventure game that's also non-linear but has a thoughtful story and puzzles are good as well.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Pardon, but I feel it's only fair to mention something about Kid Icarus. It was HEAVILY criticized for it's controls. You can blame Nintendo for the 3DS's design on that one. HAL was very smart in allowing full customization for them though, so if you do purchase it, fiddle with the options before heavy play.
Not mentioning ports, shovelware, or rehashes... Heroes of Ruin is an excellent RPG (by Square Enix of all people I believe), Kingdom Hearts is surprisingly really good, Pokemanz Black or White 2 is a normal DS game, but it does use 3DS features. Adventure Time is very well done but I think that may be considered a rip off for some.

Those are some good adventure and RPG titles. Go for Heroes.
:iconshadow2k:
shadow2k Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Tales of the Abyss got a 3DS rerelease and is awesome. Also Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I heard Kingdom Hearts is good, but I don't really like Kingdom Hearts and so haven't played it and therefore can't really recommend it. Your call on that one.
:icondrawitblank:
DrawitBlank Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I got one for Christmas as well,
Liberation maiden and Crimson Shroud are both good fun :D (Liberation Maiden and crimson shroud are both eshop for $7.99)
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Someone knows it.
:iconnatblue0:
natblue0 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just recently got a game called Kid Icarus: Uprising. It's an adventure game where you play as Pit, and you get to fight underworld creatures in order to stop Medusa. There are some flying shooter elements, as well as you can change your weapon sets. It also comes with a set of AR cards that you can battle with, but I haven't figured it out yet.
Add a Comment: