Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Gaming vs. Art

:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
How much time in a day do you spend gaming vs. the time spent practicing/doing art? Cause I definitely feel unproductive some days because I spent the whole day gaming instead of drawing and I just wanted to know if anyone feels the same way haha.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Artist
Since developing/playing games is one of the forms of media/art I work in, playing games actually helps improve the quality of my art. Plus sometimes it'll give me ideas for writing. Granted, I don't play -all day-. I usually play for somewhere between 1-4 hours, sometimes more if I am talking to someone in the meanwhile or really into a game.
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been gaming more than drawing lately as I've been in a cruddy place as I've been unemployed and a lot of my art motivation went away. But I'm sorting things out as I got a job (yay) so I'm trying to work on more art.
:iconporkkish:
Porkkish Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
For me it goes pretty much like this: Do art at work, play games at home.
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Haha, the perfect day it seems.
:iconporkkish:
Porkkish Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It does sound like one. But remember that drawing for fun isn't same as drawing for a living :) It can be pretty stressful at times
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I barely have time to do anything creative these days.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
To be honest, it depends on my mood. There are some days where I can't stop drawing or writing and I feel very productive. Other times, I can't resist that sweet sweet sound of gaming music, bright lights, and interactive monster battles. Still, even in my most inspired moments I probably spend more time gaming. Games are just so fun and addicting.
:icontiereight:
tierEight Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If all my gaming time was changed to art time and vice versa....

I'd have more watchers on DA
and
My KD ratio on BF3 would be 0.10
:iconmetalhartrockandroll:
It depends if I've got a new game going on. I always make time for my art though, and video games always make me want to draw anyway.
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
To much gaming to little art but I really do want to get in to doing more art I hope to become good at drawing anime and fantasy art someday. And yeah I kind of feel the same as you sometimes.
Add a Comment: