December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Top 10: Games for Developing Imagination

:icondemipav:
DemiPav Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Hey there,

I have stopped playing video games when I was around 14 years old (about 9 years ago). I feel like I missed out on so much, because being a huge film fan, I see there are some very potential storylines included in the plot of video games.

I was wondering, would anyone suggest Top 10 (or at least 1) video games that they think have a great storyline as well as would benefit in developing imagination? I'm working on some plots for comic books right now, and any ideas, inspiration is of the worth of gold to me. I'm reading plenty of comics, obviously, and even started watching cartoons based on them (something that I also haven't done for about a decade).

I've heard that the game [b]BioShock[/b] has a good story line, so this was my first choice - I've already ordered it and will going to play it first. Any other suggestions?

Any contribution is MUCH appreciated, people! :) I'm playing on a PC, by the way.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If you want a good artistic game, I would probably recommend something like Journey, The Unfinished Swan (haven't played either, but have heard good things about them), or even just a game with good art direction like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Okami.

For story, I would recommend something along the lines of Xenoblade Chronicles (a HUGE game, so you may want to pass on it if you don't have a lot of time on your hands), which has some pretty crazy plot twists while still managing to stay coherent. It also looks absolutely beautiful -[link]. However I would say it is not the best in the character development department. I would also recommend the Assassin's Creed series or even The World Ends With You. The main character goes through some big changes over the storyline, and there is a lot going on in the background you can find out about after finishing the game.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Since it's one of my favorite game series, I'm going to recommend Assassin's Creed if you're a sucker for story.
:icondemipav:
DemiPav Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Thanks for suggestion, I will check them out! Hydris, the game that you have linked to looks really bizarre :)

Bastion was another that I was advised many times to play, so I will get on that one after BioShock probably.

And by the way, what I meant by "developing imagination" were games with some artistic value and great story lines/character development in them. For example, video games link Counter Strike probably won't fall into this category. :)
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Check out games by Ice Pick Lodge. The Void especially;
[link] |Trailer. The art direction/design is absolutely wonderful. The other games I'm aware of is Pathologic, but that game was poorly translated to English, and I'm not aware of a fan translation; and there's Cargo!, which looks quite bizarre, but I've only played the demo.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
"benefit in developing imagination" seems like it would be impossible to actually describe. Everyone thinks differently, so while I think Mischief Makers is a totally crazy game, somebody else will probably think nothing about it.

But I dunno, check out Bastion or Cave Story or something, I guess. That's all I got.
Add a Comment: