Motorstorm RC Question

ok so i have motorstorm rc. i have the controls set to a layout im comfortable with and ive beaten the game. i have all vechiles with the exception of some of the ones on the playstation store.

my question is though i have looked at the leaderboard for fastest times set and in the monument valley festival and on the "night clubbed" track. the fastest time is 31.238 my time is only 39.914 and ive milked every corner for that time. but i cannt help but notice thats almost like a 8 and a half second difference. now unless you have a super car or some secret trick i dont see how its possible.

is there any special vechiles in the store that are noticably faster within the same class or something?

can anyone help with this? also if aanyone else has experienced something like this id love to hear about it.
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Youtube it. Seriously, racing games almost never can be explained (especially for lap times) with just words.

As for general advice (I haven't played the game,) try using cars with different accelerations and top speed combinations. If the track is full of sharp curves, stick with acceleration so that your top speed climbs up to high speed while it is better to have a higher top speed than plenty of acceleration if the curves are few and you find that your speed caps out too quickly. If possible, could also do some combination of high top speed and using boost to cover acceleration.
thanks but they give you the class to use and all cars appear to be justr different skins. and ive got good lines going in and out of corners.

so im actually lost for words on what the time difference could possibly be.