Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

War Z pulled from Steam for FRAUD

:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
The game was pushed hard and fast to beat out the release date of Day Z. I know, confusing right?

Add to that War Z was ripping off The Walking Dead and copying zombies on the tv show for use in the War Z art.

On top of that the developer lied to customers. Banned people who complained in the forums (an estimated 3,000 people!) and in an interview the main guy basically dismissed any complaints.

Nice!

The War Z has been pulled from Steam by Valve, in the wake of their investigation into allegations of fraud by the game's developers Hammerpoint Interactive.

Hundreds, if not thousands of reports were made by customers who complained that the developer had mislead them when it launched an incomplete game that boasted features which had yet to be implemented within the game.

Late last night, we reported that the War Z's developers had made attempts to conceal the game's problems by banning anyone who complained on the official Steam forums about the problems they were having.

Links:
[link]
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstraviios:
Straviios Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Welp, there goes my 15$... and another 15$ because someone online asked me... like 3-4 months ago? Tried it once, it was horrible as hell. That's it.
:iconfawfulmk-ii:
fawfulmk-II Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Valve is giving refunds now. [link]
:iconfawfulmk-ii:
fawfulmk-II Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
well one of the creators made arguably the worst videogame of all time(Big Rigs), so I am not surprised at all.
VomitBear Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, I think he should be banned from game making:P
:iconsareth1337:
Sareth1337 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Seriously, IMO anyone who thought WarZ would be up to anything or could actually be succesfull and good must've been on some kind of trip. Not that I can't understand why people are getting hyped for things and especially games, but this whole pile of... garbage was marked and destined to fail the moment it openend its gates.
Not only that it's a rushed bug-collective to get a quick cash-share of the DayZ hype, and 90% of its material has been scavenged from other games to put of work early, the entire way this company handled their 'fanbase' and customers just showed anyone with the slightest bit of farsightedness that this project was either way going to faceplant by itself, or get curb-stomped by the people surrounding it. And 'lo and behold, what happens?
yup...
VomitBear Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
That's a question for the thousands of people who bought the game. They might have fallen for the name since it's basically 'Day Z'. It's even the same amount of letters.

Plus, I'm not sure how many people do fact checks before they purchase games.
I'm always hesitant to buy games that I cannot rent/borrow first.
:iconsareth1337:
Sareth1337 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The people who didn't know about DayZ would've most possibly never known WarZ, so the customer-base was probably at least a bit informed and interested in the subject matter.
And if you're not checking facts or aren't even able to check facts, because the company forbids every leak of footage that should flash up some warning lights. At the point where I noticed that people actually weren't allowed to put gameplay footage up on YouTube (etc) my first thought was "now thats a sign that they're hiding something" followed by the thought "nope, not gonna touch that"
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well, what a jerk.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
You didn't show the best link!

[link]

Seriously, just watching that gameplay video made me surprised Valve even let it on their service to begin with, and he makes the best points that can be made. And the assholes who made the game honestly could not handle truth or criticism; they actually resorted to blaming the players for the problems, making up bullshit about "93% of our players are satisfied with the project". They weren't even good at bullshitting, much less making a game. Oh, and "we started developing this game before Day Z"? Yeah, not buying that. I don't even care about Day Z, but I know a cash-in when I see one.
VomitBear Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
I found out the same guy behind war Z is the dude behind Big Rigs, the most horriblist game.

Yeah, if they started before Day Z why is it Day Z is better and more polished? :P
Add a Comment: