Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Your biggest gaming surprise of 2012?

:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What game or games really wowed you this year? For me its the Modern Combat series for Android devices and iFeces. Hard to believe that someone can offer a Modern Warfare quality title for $6.99 a pop. Yet there it is.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmarvelouschester:
MarvelousChester Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Reveal of Dark Souls II amazed me
A good CoD since World at War if you can look pass the lag, argue if you wish but we all know MW2 was a broken as hell game with good connectivity being the only thing saving it
Borderlands 2 stepping up what the 1st one lacked

Still a bit dissapointed in the fun but messed up game called Twisted Metal but in all honesty, who really plays it for the story?
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Black Ops 2. I thought the series was dead to me, but this one actually interested me again. Disagree if you want, I still enjoy it.
:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
ff13-2 for having such depth after reading the strat guide there is somuch gonig on in that game that you'dprobably never know unless you read it. like hidden flow charts.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Probably had to do with complaints about the first being so light on content.
I wonder if S-E learned their lesson and eased off on the pre-rendered cut scenes, in favor of leaving in more actual game.
:iconskullwarrior13:
skullwarrior13 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Epic Mickey 2. 'nuff said
:iconlouiseugeniojr:
LouisEugenioJR Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 and Criterion Games taking full control of the Need For Speed series.
:iconsuper-john-doe:
SUPER-JOHN-DOE Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Gravity Rush and Katawa Shoujo.

Didn't know they still made original games.
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Definitely Journey! Even though I beat it in like an hour I felt so immersed in the world and my little guy! I immediately went on to play a second run. The minimalist communication between characters was also very nice. I think it kept the game beautiful. It made it seem like all the players in the game were all really nice, beeping, cloaked guys and that they were also lost in this Journey. The remastered version of Shadow of the Colossus was nice too.
:iconshoppingmonk:
ShoppingMonk Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Non other than Counter Strike with friends unforgeable days with out food,drink,college,Sleep etc.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Ah man, Max Payne 3 and Borderlands 2 were my highlights of the year. A notable mention is AC3 because I'm a huge fan of the series and enjoyed the game overall. Overall, this was a pretty disappointing year for me. :disbelief:
Add a Comment: