Closed to new replies
December 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Team fortress 2 server help

:iconbrowser-surfer14:
browser-surfer14 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I have been playing team fortress 2 for a few weeks and a friend of mine was thinking of making a server but he said that he wanted me to make the server. Thing is, I'm confuse with all sorts of tutorial they have in YouTube that I can't make ends meet. I know all of you American out there has a steam account and are very experienced when it comes to making servers for tf2. So please help me out, I wanna make a server so I can play with my friend, you can join though but be sure to not call noob. Play for the fun (I know there might be serious gamers of tf2 but do deal with us Malaysian for the lack of skill just like you guys) . Do help me

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
On the subject of TF2, why is the Bigrock map so incredibly cheap? Once that douchbag engi mech shows up you might as well quit.
browser-surfer14 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Why's that? There'll be beacon that shows the teleporter's current location so that u can sap it as a spy or bust it with other classes. Mech engi have same health as regular engi. Bigrock, I haven't played that map yet, been goin around nearby server of 50 ping and below to prevent lag issue
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The reason it's so hard is because the engi is always surrounded by tons of bots. At least that's how it's been in every game I've played so far. Everyone gets preoccupied with the bots while he gets to build a sentry. I try and deal with him and I either get owned by the other bots or the sentry. Then by the time I respawn he's set down the teles and everyone else gets zergrushed.

The end.
Then here's my idea to take down robo engi by having heavy and pyro work together. The pyro and heavy needs to have high hit damage to run into those robot that surrounds the engi. Get a spy to sap the sentry (if built) to buy your team some time to run into the robo. Also, a sniper with penetrating power will be great to take out a line of robot surrounding robo engi. The teleporter, just try my idea for that, a spy works best to sap the exit teleporter when it's a bit clear to do so. Sapping the entrance teleporter would have to go with the demoman, heavy and any class that can take out a building.

That's my way. Depends though, everyone has their idea to kill the engi.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
install gentoo
browser-surfer14 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Is there any additional process after installing gentoo? Like, finding the IP address of the connection and etc.
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
yes, after installing it you must download and watch every season of boku no pico while also deleting system 32, that should do it

contact me if you have any problems
browser-surfer14 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Is this some kind of trolling? I think I won't go anywhere watching that show. Plus, my dad said if I delete system 32, my computer will malfunction big time! I can't believe that's the stupidest way to make a server!
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
if you don't want my help, don't ask
Well, that series you gave is not really my interest. Besides, I'm using windows.
Add a Comment: