Tabletop Games

I've been playing Shadowrun 4th Edition for the last few years and dabbled in a bit of Dresden Files and Victoriana more recently and can't wait for my copy of Traveler 5 to arrive. How about you guys, what pen and paper games do you enjoy. Heck what tabletop games do you enjoy, boardgames, card games etc? I'd love to know :)
Comments92
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Mostly tabletop RPGs, but I've only tried few of them:
D&D (3.5 and 4th), Starwars d20, Savage Worlds, Pathfinder d20, White Wolf games (Vampire the masquerade), and Call of Cthulhu.

I have three casual boardgames that I always play when hangout with friends and family in home / friends home :
Game of Life, Formula D, and Blokus

I have scrabble too but I don't count that =p
How can you not count scrabble, that is one of the greatest games ever made!
Hahahaahha. It's a default and already on the list. I assumed everybody here plays that =p
Ah, well thats ok then :D
40k all the way! That and D&D customs with friends, love writing 'em.

For Emperor and Imperium! :p
Love role playing games, will get into D&D someday
Dungeons and Dragons is great. Also, there's this one game that... er... I can't remember the name of it. You put up hexagons and build roads to them to acquire the resources.
Are you thinking of settlers of cattan by any chance?
Yes. Settlers of Cattan. It's a good game.
so ive heard, I might pick it up sometime
Ive been into Warhammer since like 2002. Stopped for a while. Got back into it when 8th edition came out.
to much money involved in that game for my liking though it does look like a good game
yes i agree with that. very expensive. Im not really buying to play now a days. Its more painting. so I buy a models every once in a while and paint that up
yeah, the painting was always my favourite part of warhammer :D
If you get your models used or off ebay you can get them for like a quarter of the price. I never buy 'em full price. It's a complicated game but when you get experienced it becomes fast and really fun.
That's a great idea! Unfortunately my friends aren't interested in it so it's a no go, for now anyway :)
Depending on where you live, if there are any Games Workshop stores around you can play pickup games there using their terrains?
nah, the nearest is in the city centre which is too far away to be worth bothering, plus i spend all week traveling in and out of city centre to go to work so kinda sick of it, but a good suggestion nonetheless :)
Ah well, did all we could I suppose :p
View all replies
I love to play The dark Eye
oh and since a short time Malmsturm (the fate system) and with Wushu rules :aww:
never heard of either, how do they work?
Call of Cthulu. Yes.
never heard of it, what kind of ruleset does it use?
Multiple rule sets, I suppose. It's a lot like D&D, with multiple books and versions of it. I can't really describe it very well, sorry.