December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 99

Creepiest game characters

:iconplasticfortunecookie:
PlasticFortuneCookie Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Voldo from soul calibur freaked me out.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconspunty:
Spunty Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
:icondrsalvadorplz:

Don't mind me guys, just the most traumatizing enemy in RE4 passing through. No need to panic, Its not like I'm going to decapitate you with a FUCKING CHAINSAW or anything. :3
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Happy Salesman (from Zelda)
:iconoddfox17:
OddFox17 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Writer
The Creeper from Minecraft

You're exploring a massive epic cave. So far you've collected two stacks of iron ore, a stack of gold ore, a music disc, some lapis, enough redstone to wire a minecraft mansion, and even a few diamonds.
However, your torches are running low. Your hunger meter is down to three drumsticks. It's time to leave.
You're about to dig your way up to the surface when you hear an all-too familiar hiss. Then...BOOM!

The blast sends you flying into a nearby lava pool. The red-hot goo kills you in seconds, destroying your hard-earned treasures. You respawn in your house, with nothing but the default clothes on your back.
:iconleara07:
leara07 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Dead hand from the legend of zelda: ocarina of time..
:iconlilylindsey:
LilyLindsey Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Writer
Silverfish in Minecraft. You're just slowly whittling away at some stone bricks when you hear a squeak and are suddenly fighting off an army of bugs dead set on killing you.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The spiders from System Shock 2. Holy shit... I hated those things. Not to mention they were hard to kill.

Giygas from Earthbound. I never played the game, but his second form in particular was terrifying.

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2- a standard spook.

There are also a bunch of Resident Evil & Silent Hill monsters, then the enemies in Haunting Ground creeped me out, too.
:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
*coughcoughfatherbaldurcoughcough*
In fact, all the Angels in Bayonetta are a bit creepy. Also, the stalkers in Half Life. They're so...well google "stalker half life."
Flagged as Spam
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I love AMR :D They're both pretty creepy, but I don't think they're the creepiest. I think the executioner & the doll maker are damned creepy the first time you see them in-game.
:iconlilithali:
Lilithali Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pyramid Head QQ
:iconplaystationfanboy12:
playstationfanboy12 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
tails doll :icontailsdollplz:
:icontheautisticonenamedm:
Theautisticonenamedm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Eggman Nega
:iconneiot:
Neiot Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
... The toilet hand from Majora's Mask is pretty creepy.
:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:damphyr: Olga from Shadow Hearts I and fucking Gigyas from the Earthbound series.

:bulletpink: I was traumatized when I saw the form of Gigyas when I was little so don- *sniff* blame me :iconcryforeverplz:
:bulletpurple: Also, Olga is a creepy looking young women who makes bathrooms creepy. OH ERMAGURD, pass through the mirrors,
hear the stalls creaking, a-a- *shivers*
:iconlaciemelhart:
LacieMelhart Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Photographer
Seth, Red Dead Redemption.
:iconharuh2:
Haruh2 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Bad Girl from No more heroes
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Really? I thought she was just crazy. :XD:
:iconharuh2:
Haruh2 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Haha, she can be all of it.
:iconsowhtimawsomesosueme:
sowhtimawsomesosueme Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
LUCIOUS!! his expression never feaking changes! hes like kristin stewert on steroids! and then you have the whole sonofthedevil satanic killing people thing BUT THAT FACE! :fear:
:iconkoitalo:
koitalo Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist
The Grey Man from LSD: Dream Emulator.
He won't stop following.

Also, the highly similar looking man from The 4th Wall.
He actually catches you and takes over your computer.
:iconcopycatkid:
copycatkid Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
sonic from sonic.exe game -_-'
:iconcodename-pantyra:
Codename-Pantyra Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
So far, the creepiest game character I've encountered was The End from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Factors for creepiness:

1. He's a top-notch sniper. Enough said there.
2. His camouflage and ability to lower his body temperature, which makes it difficult to spot him with the naked eye or thermal goggles.
3. The place where you fight him: Sokrovenno Forest. Big, lots of places for him to hide, and just as noisy as a graveyard, meaning frighteningly silent.
4. Trying to look for him in first-person view: The directional microphone is one of the only effective tools for determining his location, but if you remain in first-person view for too long, there's a chance he might sneak up behind you.
5. Trying to get Snake out of sight once spotted: I'm always like "OH, SH**! DA** IT, RUN! GET OUT OF THERE, SNAKE!" With not a clue as to where The End is shooting from, it's hard to find a place to dive for cover, and sometimes the game camera will move to The End's perspective, looking through the crosshairs of his scope, which makes it more difficult to move Snake around.
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
The NPCs from Minecraft, have you seen those things *shudders*
:iconlockedbox:
LockedBox Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Little sisters from bioshock freak me out, but the annoying voice acting tends to ruin the affect after a while. Death from Pirate Adventures wasn't a even villain, but damn was he freaky! He had worms and maggots coming out of his face and everything.
:iconcra-zshaker:
Cra-ZShaker Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Filmographer
Little sisters are freaky, one that creeps me out even more though is that migit from Resident Evil 4.
:iconfairy-red-hime:
Fairy-Red-Hime Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
My sister and I have been playing through Skyward Sword on Hero Mode, and Ghirahim is quite the creepiest villain ever to grace a Zelda game. D8 It's a shame he gets killed off for real, though.
:iconkikivons:
KiKivons Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Professional Artist
Grunts from Halo. i don't know why, but the freak me out immensely- like chills down the back, pause the game, I'm done creepy. It's like they're so ugly it's scary.

It's weird because I've played all kinds of scary games, (silent hill, RE, the suffering, Fatal Frame, Siren), along with a bunch of other games, many of them mentioned but I get punked by a squeaky voiced alien.
:iconaquastick102:
Aquastick102 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist
Not characters, but I might as well mention them since they scare the living crap out of me:

Those thorn/plant things from Wind Waker. They terrified me back then, they still terrify me now. That texture, that movement, those sounds...ERGGHH! -shudders- (worst part is that's pretty much the only thing that scares me in Wind Waker. Floormasters? Nope. Redeads? Ehhh, a little. Thorns? NO NO NO NO ABANDON GAME, ABANDON GAME.)

Frostbite Spiders from Skyrim. I don't have arachnophobia but damn! Those are the creepiest spiders that I've ever seen in any video game. The worst part is that they can appear anywhere. ANYWHERE. (bad memories of Ustengrav after the red rocks puzzle)

Basically, I have a fear for natural things that wiggle and move and make squelchy noises.
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a friend who never finished Wind Waker because they were afraid of the Big Octo.
:iconhtimsnayr:
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Does it have to be a character with dialogue and story significance?

If not, then the Wallmasters in Ocarina of Time. I remember when I first played the game when I was seven or so. I went through the Forest Temple as if it were any other dungeon, and all was well... until, all of a sudden, a freaking monster hand dropped from the ceiling and forcibly dragged Link off into the nether.

:saddummy:
:iconensoul:
ensoul Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Professional General Artist
:iconuboaplz:
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
The broken neck ghost from Fatal Frame. She was creeptastic.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh gosh Voldo IS creepy. As for hands down creepiest . . . despite all of the horror games I have played, any baby in WoW will always creep me out.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Shodan and the headcrab.
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I wouldn't call SHODAN the creepiest; it's her distorted voice that gets the player. The spiders were MUCH scarier.

I agree with the headcrabs, though.
Yeah, the audio logs were also kinda cheasy. How about The Many?
They were creepy, too. The cyborg midwives scared the hell out of me the first time I saw them. The audio logs concerning them didn't help, either.
The audio logs made me sad for them because they had kids on Earth.
Same here.
:iconsareth1337:
Sareth1337 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
the Spider from Limbo was goddamn creepy, especially since the game had already drawn you in by that point and it does its job really really well.
Another one for me would actually be SHODAN from System Shock 2. Her seemingly strong omniscience and processor-heart coldness together with the games strong focus on atmosphere and her character alltogether, that sentient AI chilled me to the damn bones.
:iconultimaodin:
Ultimaodin Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Artist
Pretty much everyone in Drakengaurd 1 and 2. Flying giant monster babies - enough said.
:iconr-g-t-m:
R-G-T-M Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student General Artist
Harvest moon 64: the end of winter, you have a child with karen and take it to the sprites house in the mountain. walk to the one sprite in the corner, You get a text dialog box of an old ass creepy man that just giggles at it. why? we will never know. WORST EASTER EGG EVER.
:iconstxl87:
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
lol, yeah voldo looks crazy.
:iconbandihill3258:
BandiHill3258 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Dat Happy Mask Salesman

:iconmasksalesmanplz:
:icondragonfly224:
Dragonfly224 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
YEP! He freaked me out too. Lol
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
:iconmasksalesmanplz::icondeadhand2plz:
:icondeadhand4plz::icondeadhand5plz:
:icondeadhand7plz::icondeadhand8plz:
BandiHill3258 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconohmygodplz:
:iconhanimetion:
Hanimetion Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Damnit, beaten to it.
BandiHill3258 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconokaymemeplz: I'm sorry
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Tingle. He's a slaver that is the embodiment of greed. Also, he's a murderer.
Add a Comment: