The supervillan that rivals Sephiroth

Has to be Vaas from far cry, jeez I have to say that out of all the bad guys that I have faced in video games Vaas has to be one of my favorite, his voice actor, his actions and his words of crazy wisdom. I don't think there will ever be another bad guy that is original like him for a while.

But who do you think is the best bad guy of the year or all time?
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. Entertaining dialogue? Check. Manipulating everyone behind the scenes? Check. Plot to destroy the entire multiverse? Check. The only villain to canonically kill Mario and co.? Check.
Shit, son, the subject isn't even difficult. Here's one: The Trascendent One.
I think ghirahim is a good villain than sephiroth
If you drew devil horns and an angry face on your thumb, and did a little voice, making him go "MWAHAHAHAAAA", in an ear-piercing Mickey Mouse falsetto, that would be a better villain than Sephiroth.

Come to think of it, any villain that doesn't have his mommy fight for him is a better villain than Sephypoo. Bitch wasn't even his real mother. God, he was such a 10th-rate Norman Bates impersonator.
Arthas post turning into a Death Knight.
Both of them are white haired, green eyed good guys gone bad with mommy/daddy issues, carrying around a legendary weapon, whos final battle is fought against in the snowy north.
Let's see someone to that!
Dr Eggman
Ridley
Dark Samus
Ganondorf
The Combine advisors/Doctor Breen
Glados
Agent Edgar Ross
The Patriots
Bobby Kotick
Whoever thought the WiiU was a cool idea
Honorable mention: Any villain who isn't Sephiroth.
So, what to you makes the Wii-U uncool? For me, its the fact that Nintendo is lying right though its teeth by saying its a system for adults, when it clearly isn't.
Saren and the Illusive man. Villains who aren't necessarily evil for the sake of being evil, rather, they believe that what they are doing is for the sake of everyone. Unfortunately, they are misguided due to the indoctrination of the Reapers.
Villains that are better than Sephiroth IMO:
Exdeath
Kefka
Lavos
Queen Zeal
Ganondorf
Majora's Mask
Vaati
Demise
Dr. Wily
Sigma
Dr. Weil
M. Bison
Akuma
Jedah Dohma
Ridley
Mother Brain
Dark Samus
Pokey Minch
Giygas
Dracula
Death
Liquid Snake
Colonel Volgin
Revolver Ocelot
SHODAN
Kain
Andrew Ryan
Frank Fontaine
Calypso
Needles Kane
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn
The Doctor from Cave Story
Ballos
Hades from Kid Icarus: Uprising
Dr. Eggman
Eggman better than Sephoroth? Well, I guess he invents stuff so that counts.
Don't forget about Pyramid Head!
Bobby Kotick, John Riccitiello, the shitheads who are in charge of Capcom
Saren
The Illusive Man
Harbinger
Golbez, Exdeath, Kefka Palazzo, Ganondorf, heck, I'll take the Dragonlord from Dragon Quest I over Sephy.
Barthundlus from FF XIII
Don't you mean Barthandelus? d:
Oops yes I meant Barthandelus I'm terrible at spelling.
Kefka Palazzo is the best fantasy villain, but Vaas Montenegro has got to be the best realistic villain I have ever seen.

Fuck Sephiroth and his Oedipus/Messiah complex.
I can't be the only one who finds 'good vs. evil' plots to be really fucking lame, can I? :hmm: It's a good thing I don't play games for their plots!
But do you find any characters in video games interesting?
Lol, play Far cry 3 all I have to say it isn't one of those good vs evil plots.
...Sure as hell sounds like one, abeit more of a 'good guy Vs. bad guy' one.
Watch a walk through, your objective isn't to cleanse a island of evil it is more of taking a man from Cali with no survival experience and having him turn into a killer.
A villian better than Sephiroth isn't hard.

But the dragon in Dragon's Dogma was a bit B.A. He wasn't much for bragging, he tested the Arisen's courage by offering a deal that was rather tempting to take, then when he begins to feel pain he actually uses the part of being a dragon to his advantage (mainly fly high, breath fire, smash the player, and control pawns when they get close to him which by the way: imagine a lv. 35 Arisen spending all of their points on a lv. 90 Pawn who is then taken over and has to be defeated. Answer: you are dead.)