Mass effect community. Not sure if dedicated or just elitist

It would seem I can't go to a single youtube vid about *anything* relating to mass effect without the ENTIRE comments section full of people arguing and moaning about the ending. 8 months later and here we are. Still angry.

Try calling them out on it, their new keyword is "Biodrone". Anyone who does not submit to the bitchy-ness of the Mass effect community must be a Biodrone. That is logic.
Am I the only one that sees a problem here. Is this another case of elitism takin' over. I don't remember the fans being this pseudo-intellectual.
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I found the original endings really vauge which I didn't like as I couldn't get a clear sense of what had just happened, but then they brought out the 'fixed' ones and I was happy with what was added in as it make some sense.
I dont get it either. The endings didn't bother me. And to hate on it so much. Insane.
I was actually rather surprised that so many people were so upset. Personally I didn't think any of the original 3 endings were all that horrible. Disappointing a bit, maybe, but not horrible. I cried so much when I beat it I think it just got blown out of proportion. People seek the norm, the same solid ending that they were conditioned into receiving, be it from a game, a book, or a movie. Subconsciously they expected it, and when it wasn't delivered, they got all hellbent and raged.

"Oh, don't buy anything from Bioware until they change the ending to this game!" I literally heard that in a popular Indoctrination Theory video. I mean, really? Wow. That's pretty...childish.

I find it funny that people are still so angry about it. So what if the ending wasn't what you wanted? At least the gunplay was solid, character designs were near perfect, dialogue and voice acting was amazing, quests were fun and interesting, and the storyline was literally out of this world.
Well, coming from a "The ending sucks monkey dick" person, I still get angry from the ending. Not as much, but it's pretty annoying every time I think of it.

Of course, I don't blame Bioware for it, but I'm mad at them for letting EA influence the game. This is the biggest factor for me, is that Bioware let EA of all companies influence the game. Like the multiplayer? It's not REALLY done well, though I admit it is kind of enjoyable. To me, Mass Effect doesn't really "say" multiplayer. It's not supposed to be a multiplayer game, and the fact that multiplayer is REQUIRED for a good ending made me even more annoyed. That's asking me to go out and buy a month of Live to go play the stupid multiplayer I wouldn't play normally.

I'd give you all the reasons I don't like ME3, but if I did, you would assume I was nuts, apparently. Things were done right, some things were done wrong, not all people who hate the ending are bat-shit crazy.
I wasn't much fond of the original ending of ME3 but the Extended Cut ending was good, gave me enough closure for the trilogy.

And guess what? These fucktards are bashing BioWare for even daring to make Mass Effect 4. :facepalm:
I don't get it either, especially since ME3 is probably the best in the trilogy. But gamers are a whiny bunch, so there isn't a ton you can do.
Ending wasnt the greatest but hey whatever the overal experience was good. I am kind of sick myself to see mass effect fans rage over this 8 months down the line. Of course it would've been nice to see your choices matter more in the end. But I think they bit off more then they could chew. There are so many variations with all the DLC/choices. That they would need like 50000000 endlings, lol. It's unfortunate but it is how it is.

Anyway I am really not bothered by it ^^
I agree, if I had a dollar for every complaint about the Mass Effect 3 ending, I'd be fucking rich.
You have to let people moan, Most probably are still playing the game. or haven't played it yet.
Second it was a disappointing ending. And the fact that a story and game like Mass Effect has so much potential, had a worst ending then most RPG games, like fall out or Skyrim or Dragons Age 1. It made pretty much all your decisions pointless.

Atleast in Fallout you get to know what your actions did for the world.
Bioware wasted one of the greatest experiments in gaming because they wanted more money in less time. I'd say that's worth getting some hell. If I had been in Casey Hudson's place, I would have fought every step of the way to make sure my claims were genuine.

As to the rest of this, Biodrones and such, I am not well informed enough to say anything. Still, I have to admit, considering how pathetically bad the endings were (even the Extended Cut was pretty cheaply done), you have to either be -really- accepting or just... I don't know, David Cage?
I'm just tired of the moaning. People need to shut up about it already when the damage has been done.
I won't deny that people wanting a "happy" ending should be silent. But as for myself, I am not going to forget. I am a game designer and a writer, and I can tell you right now that they truly copped out of an experiment that finally would have proven that choice can matter in games. Instead, they ruined it. So I don't forget that. I don't try to complain about it, but it is on a level of using the Mona Lisa for a rug because you don't want to go to a store to buy a new rug.
This is true, but complaining about it won't change the past. I wish people would figure that out.
But most of us aren't complaining about it. Y'all need to stop complaining about us, and it'll drop.

It's getting pointless to bring up the ending, yes, but you give people fuel when you say they're crazy for not liking the ending, and then go and tell them that they need to stop complaining.

It's like complaining that a guy is odd for not liking vanilla ice-cream, and when he tries to explain, you tell >him< to stop complaining.
But those complaints will remain in their minds, which will fuel an urge to avoid making such an error, and will in effect prevent similar incidents, although we'd never know because life, unlike Mass Effect, can't be played through more than once.
biodrone is not a new word, and is not what you're describing
I recreated the terrible ending on my forum so it kinda makes more sense, but the ending only caters to how I developed Shepard in general...
I get this feeling that BioWare fans are, generally, the most rabid and vocal about its video games, considering the ongoing wankstorm about Mass Effect 3's ending and the moaning about Dragon Age 2. I haven't actually played Mass Effect games. I played Dragon Age: Origins and hated it because of its combat system and attempting to get the downloadable content, which caused me much grief. I played the Dragon Age 2 demo and I felt the combat was a lot better, but I haven't played through a large portion of the game, so I can't really give a proper opinion of it. It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth like Origins did, though.
I personally didn't find any of the ending all that terrible, but I certainly understand why others were angry. And I saw that he extended cut DLC got a few people out of rage-mode, which was awesome. But for it to still be an issue this long after the fact? It seems almost pathetic.
I don't see a problem there, I think that's a very normal react to a disappointing 5 years old or so franchise ending. Do you know that there are fans who actually created and alternate "happy" ending! Did you hear about the rumor of "Project X" DLC which is claimed to be a post-ending DLC?! You see! this will go on and on until Bioware puts an end to it, either stating that its over or revealing what's up their sleeves.
Probably because they were promised a really good ending and bioware still screwed it up after a revision that was meant to fix it.
No wonder the indoctrination theory makes so much more sense.
It's absolutely annoying, and it ruins it for the people who still love the franchise and possible newcomers.

Personally, I hated the original ending, but I wasn't foaming at the mouth like most people lol The Extended Cut was amazing though and much much much needed. I can honestly say I am satisfied with it.

I wish there were LESS endings ._. Because how do you create sequels after this point? Do you create 4 games in one? Or do you create 4 branching series? Right now, the only thing Bioware can do are prequels, and as much as I love prequels, there are a lot of people who hate them.
same here. I didn't like it but I didn't go and make fucking petitions or cupcakes...

the worse thing Bioware can do at this point is listen to the fans.
which is what they're doing right now with mass effect 4.
They'll never complete the game when they're tip toeing over everything. They don't even know if it will be a prequel or sequel because the fans want neither. They don't even want a new IP. but they want a new mass effect game *throws arms in air
I really wish there was a do-over button for them, because unfortunately, from this point on they will always be scrutinized and criticized against for everything they do, good and bad alike.