Closed to new replies
December 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46

Mass effect community. Not sure if dedicated or just elitist

:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
It would seem I can't go to a single youtube vid about *anything* relating to mass effect without the ENTIRE comments section full of people arguing and moaning about the ending. 8 months later and here we are. Still angry.

Try calling them out on it, their new keyword is "Biodrone". Anyone who does not submit to the bitchy-ness of the Mass effect community must be a Biodrone. That is logic.
Am I the only one that sees a problem here. Is this another case of elitism takin' over. I don't remember the fans being this pseudo-intellectual.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I found the original endings really vauge which I didn't like as I couldn't get a clear sense of what had just happened, but then they brought out the 'fixed' ones and I was happy with what was added in as it make some sense.
:iconrliggett:
RLiggett Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   Photographer
I dont get it either. The endings didn't bother me. And to hate on it so much. Insane.
:iconalbino-yaoi:
Albino-Yaoi Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
I was actually rather surprised that so many people were so upset. Personally I didn't think any of the original 3 endings were all that horrible. Disappointing a bit, maybe, but not horrible. I cried so much when I beat it I think it just got blown out of proportion. People seek the norm, the same solid ending that they were conditioned into receiving, be it from a game, a book, or a movie. Subconsciously they expected it, and when it wasn't delivered, they got all hellbent and raged.

"Oh, don't buy anything from Bioware until they change the ending to this game!" I literally heard that in a popular Indoctrination Theory video. I mean, really? Wow. That's pretty...childish.

I find it funny that people are still so angry about it. So what if the ending wasn't what you wanted? At least the gunplay was solid, character designs were near perfect, dialogue and voice acting was amazing, quests were fun and interesting, and the storyline was literally out of this world.
:iconshadowyeclipse:
ShadowyEclipse Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well, coming from a "The ending sucks monkey dick" person, I still get angry from the ending. Not as much, but it's pretty annoying every time I think of it.

Of course, I don't blame Bioware for it, but I'm mad at them for letting EA influence the game. This is the biggest factor for me, is that Bioware let EA of all companies influence the game. Like the multiplayer? It's not REALLY done well, though I admit it is kind of enjoyable. To me, Mass Effect doesn't really "say" multiplayer. It's not supposed to be a multiplayer game, and the fact that multiplayer is REQUIRED for a good ending made me even more annoyed. That's asking me to go out and buy a month of Live to go play the stupid multiplayer I wouldn't play normally.

I'd give you all the reasons I don't like ME3, but if I did, you would assume I was nuts, apparently. Things were done right, some things were done wrong, not all people who hate the ending are bat-shit crazy.
:iconflacidpenis:
FlacidPenis Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Professional
I wasn't much fond of the original ending of ME3 but the Extended Cut ending was good, gave me enough closure for the trilogy.

And guess what? These fucktards are bashing BioWare for even daring to make Mass Effect 4. :facepalm:
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I don't get it either, especially since ME3 is probably the best in the trilogy. But gamers are a whiny bunch, so there isn't a ton you can do.
:icon1and1isme:
1and1isme Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Ending wasnt the greatest but hey whatever the overal experience was good. I am kind of sick myself to see mass effect fans rage over this 8 months down the line. Of course it would've been nice to see your choices matter more in the end. But I think they bit off more then they could chew. There are so many variations with all the DLC/choices. That they would need like 50000000 endlings, lol. It's unfortunate but it is how it is.

Anyway I am really not bothered by it ^^
:iconfragdog:
Fragdog Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree, if I had a dollar for every complaint about the Mass Effect 3 ending, I'd be fucking rich.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
You have to let people moan, Most probably are still playing the game. or haven't played it yet.
Second it was a disappointing ending. And the fact that a story and game like Mass Effect has so much potential, had a worst ending then most RPG games, like fall out or Skyrim or Dragons Age 1. It made pretty much all your decisions pointless.

Atleast in Fallout you get to know what your actions did for the world.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional Artist
Bioware wasted one of the greatest experiments in gaming because they wanted more money in less time. I'd say that's worth getting some hell. If I had been in Casey Hudson's place, I would have fought every step of the way to make sure my claims were genuine.

As to the rest of this, Biodrones and such, I am not well informed enough to say anything. Still, I have to admit, considering how pathetically bad the endings were (even the Extended Cut was pretty cheaply done), you have to either be -really- accepting or just... I don't know, David Cage?
Add a Comment: