Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 361

What games do you feel you wasted your money on?

:iconvaz612:
Vaz612 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
For me if would have to be Starcraft 2 and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD (Don't have a PSP)

With Starcraft 2, I thought it looked really fun and thought I could be good at it, but I quickly found that RTS is NOT my kind of game. I was losing left and right due to my lack of speed and tactics, didn't have the time to regularly play and get better, and eventually just dropped it completely with a win-loss record of 0 and 32.

MHP3HD I bought from Playasia. I enjoy the game, but constantly having to look up translations was getting really annoying. On top of that, I was a Gunner for the longest time, but eventually got sick of all the maintenance it took and I REALLY don't want to have to go back and farm tons of stuff for new armor and a new weapon that I'd have to get used to. The game is now collecting dust on my shelf.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconluke-the-f0x:
Luke-the-F0x Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I hate it when I buy a PC game, only to find that my PC can't run it. I remember in the mid 2000's buying a PC game only to find that my PC can't run it as it doesn't have 'hardware transform & lighting'. With the new recent PC's, I now look at the specs of a game carefully, or download it from steam.

Games that I feel that I wasted my money on would be the Wii version of ''Star Wars :The Force Unleashed". Although the story was great, it was over way too quickly!".

There was also this Wiiware Pirates game I once bought. Became incredibly boring.
:iconronin356:
Ronin356 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
D&D 4th edition.
:iconzedasiria-derazz:
Zedasiria-DeRazz Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Kane and Lynch: dog days and Dead Rising 1 and 2
:iconultra-mess:
Ultra-Mess Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Damn, I forgot...

- Street Fighter x Tekken: No, it wasn't the on disc "DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT" that got me, it was the broken online. I have never experienced a smooth online match in SFxT, it's just... A mess... The combat feels "soft" ya know? When you hit someone it doesn't feel like you hit them. It's rarely as satisfying as SSF4 matches are and I don't know why I haven't sold it yet.

- Space Jam: This was the other day... My friend and I were browsing the local used game store and he saw it. "Dude, you gotta get that" he says excitedly. To my displeasure, he's pointing to Space Jam on the PSX, for six bucks. "It's destiny that we play this tonight" -.-" So I buy it anyways, along with Snake Eater 3D. We played it when we got back and... come on... I don't really have to explain this to you people right? RIGHT?
:icondeathlee28:
DeathLee28 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
shit so many memories

ok this list is going to be long

Stuart Little: the journey home for the Gameboy color
why: i was just a stupid child expecting a great game based off the movie i watched (that was Stuart Little) '
the problems with this game:

...everything worked except one thing...
...the jumping...
yes that's right the ONE game mechanic that is suppose to make me progress further is COMPLETELY BROKEN, and not to mention awkward... your jumping over to platform to platform HAS to be 100% perfect or you die. The graphics looked terrible it had no save feature just a piece of shit password.

Peter Pan - The Motion Picture Event for the game boy advance
as stated above with the stupid kid part (and being a big fan of the novel ( i still am), i thought i was expecting something great, instead i get a game with horrid flying controls, broken sword-fighting, unfair AI, and guess what the most powerful enemy is? a tiny little piece of shit bat, it doesn't matter how high your health is they just need to hit you two times and you die, oh and the graphics are terrible you guys should stick with the movie and books and stay FAR away from this game.

Toy story 2 for GameBoy Color.
The graphics were terrible as GameBoy standards go.
The levels were wow a chore.
Would you believe me if i said i couldn't pass the first level? (i lost a life on level 1 what am i four? i'll be your slave if anyone can get this reference )
It was one of those "Yup another platform but wait there's only a few things i can climb" type of game.
What's the most important aspect to a game? Gameplay of course.
unfortunately the gameplay of this game is poor and feels weird.
Like in Stuart Little, the jumping is completely BROKEN and awkward.

On to Bob the builder.
...where do i begin?, ok well i'll admit this the controls actually work no stiff or awkward problems.
the game's plot is ridiculous, Bob and his friends want to go on a pincic but they need your help to get ready for it.
there were an assortment of "mini games" (AKA the main problem) they get repetitive and boring quickly whenever its picking up wood for Wendy, get to the picnic with Scoop without hitting anything it'll quickly tired and bore you.

Powerpuff girls Bad Mojo Jojo and Paint the Townsville Green
Why: well it was actually a Christmas gift for my sister and she wanted me to test it (yes i was going to be a game tester before i became a cartoonist) and it had very awful hit detection, stupid story, horrid graphics and the flying controls are even more terrible the only thing good was the music.
i heard a rumor that you could play as the Rowdyruff boys but i didn't believe it
:iconalumnae:
alumnae Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus

I only had a few bucks on me when I went into Gamestop one day, but I still wanted to walk out of there with something. God, that game was bad.
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Based on what has been listed, is anyone else making predictions of what titles future posts will contain ...

(I know I am)
:iconareyouwiththecensus:
AreYouWithTheCensus Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
N+ for the DS. I had some little money at Gamestop, and I wanted to buy a game. But all there was this red box that had crappy TV and Movie games. But I bought this because it looked original, but I was bored throughout.
:iconvic-viper-001:
vic-viper-001 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Skyward Sword... those goddamn motion controls completely ruined the game for me. It shouldn't take two hours of cursing and non-stop frustration to throw a bomb into the right place to kill an enemy... it just shouldn't.

And also, Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. It actually frightens me to think that there are minds deranged enough to actually find this game fun. I have never played an action RPG with such an awkward, broken, and godawful battle system; not that the rest of the game was much better.
Add a Comment: