Dark Souls!

Have you played it, did you enjoy it, did you beat it, was it too hard, too easy, Who was your favorite boss/character, favorite weapon, favorite armor set?

I have played it, i enjoyed it immensely, i did beat it (only once though, im working on new game plus), i think it had a perfect difficulty setting, my favorite boss was Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, my favorite weapon is the Black Knight Halberd, and my favorite armor set is Havel's Set. Thanks! :D :) Looking forward to Dark Souls II :D
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I just got to Blighttown and accidentally fell off a cliff trying to loot a corpse. :lol:

I thought the Bell Gargoyles were fun, but that may have been because I summoned Solaire and he's an entertaining character. Can't say I know an awful lot about the game mechanics. It does a shitty job of explaining its own systems and I really hope Dark Souls 2 corrects that.
LOL I hated Blighttown. And the gargoyles are pretty fun :) lol especially when the second one shows up out of nowhere and breathes fire at you haha :)
You can just look on dark souls wikia to understand the game mechanics.
Blight town is not my favorite level. Bring a lot of purple moss and try not to get poisoned.
My favorite boss are the signs that say "try jumping".
I bought it on Black Friday and have played for like 2 hours but didn't get very far at all. I actually really like the game, I'm just still getting used to the combat system and the overall feel for the game. I really enjoy that the combat feels like you have actual weight to your character--swinging a two handed sword doesn't feel like you're swinging a twig. Unfortunately, Borderlands is consuming all of my gaming time.
Hmm, yeah Dark Souls has a very advanced combat system. But i wouldn't stick to two-handed swords if I were you, especially considering like 40% of the game takes place in close quarters :)
I don't use two handed swords practically ever, just making an analogy ;)

I tend to prefer light, quick weapons in almost every game I play. Any that you would recommend?
Hmm, a decent weapon for beginners is the Drake Sword. :)
You should try the PvP out sometime to, it's another reason people like it, the only downside is that they tried to do Peer-to-peer so there is lagstabbing bs sometimes. Thank God the 2nd one is going to use dedicated servers.
Mmm yeah, I definitely see how that could result in a clusterfuck of an experience. That's good that they're fixing it.

I'm not sure how the PvP works, but I have shit for armor and weapons because I'm only like a level....7 or so lol.
I highly suggest looking on the Dark Souls wiki to learn how the PvP works, but yeah, you may want to wait till a higher level and pro tip for a pvp build: Make sure your Vitality is at 45 or around there so you don't get 1-shotted by AIs on a higher NG and backstab fishers.
Seconded, you really wanna get that health up. Some people in PvP can be brutal with backstabs.
Favorite boss: Ornstein and Smough
Favorite weapon: Murakumo
Favorite armor: Black Iron Set
Favorite spell: Homing Crystal Soulmass
Favorite area: Painted World of Ariamis
Favorite NPC: Black Iron Tarkus
Hmm I liked Ornstien and Smough. It was a unique fight to be sure :) the Murakumo is kind of bulky for my taste. The Black Knight Armor is better fully upgraded than the Black Iron Set.I never learned very many spells besides pyromancy and the advanced magic weapon spell lol :) Painted World or Ariamis was amaaaazing :) Half Breed Priscilla was awesome :) and Black Iron Tarkus was sort of boring, I liked the mage in New Londo Ruins :)
Whoa, what? A knight that can solo a giant iron golem without any assistance is boring?
Yeah. I can solo the same knight without help too :)
I don't really care.
I beat it only once. Since I played Demon's souls I found the difficulty just right.
Fav bosses (No order): Nito, Gwyn, Four Kings, Quelaag, and Sif
Weapon: I mainly used the Bastard sword
Armour: Black Knight

I never new there was a Dark Souls 2. I can't wait.
Bastard Sword? thought that was only in Demon's souls?
It's in Dark Souls as well.
You can buy it from blacksmith Andrei in undead parish.
Oh. Interesting. :) i normally i never buy weapons, except near the beginning of my first run through, and on new game plus you don't need to buy weapons lol :)