Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

So what current big titles will debut on the next gen console's line up.

:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
So whats your tip for debut titles on the next gen console's.
Maybe a Halo or FFXV. Maybe some big shooters like COD.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmarvelouschester:
MarvelousChester Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
i would love to see how a Killzone 4 would look on next-gen.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Yeah well i hadn't thought of that, i've played only part two briefly and it already looked great.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Artist
Launch games are always a strange mix of games that are developed, at least in some part, by the hardware manufacturer. Some of the games have to be exclusive to entice people to buy the new thing instead of just getting the game on something else. It also helps if the games showcase the new hardware... a bit like how Pikmin showcased the Gamecube's graphics. Or how Wii sports showed off the motion controls.

The big blockbuster games don't want to go for release time of a console because they usually don't want to be exclusive. They also need to sell huge numbers at launch in order to make the whole thing profitable. When consoles launch there just aren't as many consoles in the market as a blockbuster game would want to sell.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
True, they like to show there wares.
Yes thats also true, i didn't think of that, that always happen so they haold back untill more people have the console to make profits.
Well pointed out.
:iconjamestehgamer96:
JamesTehGamer96 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
thats is one damn fine explanation!!
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Artist
I've bought a couple of consoles on launch day :3 I remember the suffering of waiting for the games to catch up to the hardware.
:icongvcspecks:
gvcspecks Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
i expect halo, cod, creed and maybe a battlefield aswell as uncharted.
yep all the biggies will be totally prepared for it me thinks.
:iconjamestehgamer96:
JamesTehGamer96 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
ugghhh to be fair these new generation piss me off because the main reason for the next gen is for improved visuals but honestly they look great enough as it is( understandable with the wii though) but yh i think the main launch titles will be new shooters, perhaps assasins creed and they will get their sports titles too, but to be fair launch titles nowadays mainly aims to attract the casual players which annoys me because these casual gamers is sending the industry in the wrong direction. i wouldnt expect long running series i.e final fantasy, resident evil etc until some time into its lifespan.
Yes the visuals are a big part. You have to remember that companies maybe are already planning for there next gen games and tech. So they will be some of the first games to come out. Also the wii u has probably the best realease window line up i 've seen when you consider third party titles like tekken tag and AC3 to mention some.
Add a Comment: