9 Hours, 9 persons, 9 Doors Fans

Just wondering if there was any fans out there and to ask some questions.

:bulletred: Did you find the game confusing? (Once I had completed the game I had to look up some unsolved questions I had on wiki)

:bulletblue: Are you getting Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward? If so on what console? (I have heard there is bug that corrupts saved files on the European version on the 3DS)

:bulletgreen: There is word the developers are creating a third installment of the game. What do you speculate will happen?

:bulletyellow: Who is your fav character? (I would have to say Snake)

:bulletpurple: Did any of the gameplay creep you out? (It was the knocking in the coffin that I found creepy xD)

Please feel free to add any other thoughts and views, I will find it all interesting to read. =D
Comments73
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The only part I find confusing is the time paradox, really. But it seems explainable though. The game is meant as an utter mind rape.

I wanna get it. I'm gonna get it. I'm just gonna be examining things for funny moments, lols.

As for the third game, I haven't played the second, so I can't really speculate. However, a can guess a prequel could be expected. They do have two options. lord Gordain's games (he did host his own Nonary Game if I remember correctly) or they can go back to June/Aoi/Clover/Light game. However, I'm not sure how that would work.

My favorite character is Santa/Aoi.

I didn't like door 2. It was uber creepy for some reason. Just it and the path it took in the story. I didn't like any of the coffins. coffins are just creepy in general.

Also, until the safe was unlocked, it was also pretty damn creepy.
1. Yeah that was pretty confusing too. :dead:
2. Explain... what funny things are these? I have just brought it but haven't played it yet as I wanna finish a game I'm in the middle of. =D
3. I don't think a prequel would work as we already know what happens but it would be interesting how it all begun and stuff.
4. Meh :shrug: he's alright I guess...
5. Ahhhh coffins!!!! xD
I've heard they're both great games, but I have no idea what they're about.

Someone mind giving me a quick run-down?
~999~ (From wikipeda I'm too lazy to write atm :lol:)

Nine people have been abducted by a mysterious kidnapper who uses the alias "Zero." They find themselves on a ship— possibly a replica of the RMS Titanic and are told that they have nine hours to escape before the ship sinks beneath the waves. Zero is running the "Nonary Game" - a game "where you will put your life on the line." The group is forced to split up into various subgroups and explore "numbered doors," behind which lie Zero's puzzles. Zero promises that escape lies behind a door numbered 9. The characters must work together despite suspicions of each other to advance, as well as to discover Zero's motive and identity.

999 has a lot of reading might be a downside for ya but the puzzle rooms are great and so is the story.

I just received VLR. I've not even started to play it yet so I can't tell you what that one is about. :)
That sounds so awesome! Is it in a similar style to the Phoenix Wright games, in terms of the amount of text and stuff? Because I loooooved Phoenix Wright :D

I've heard VLR is totally amazeballs. Definitely going to get it once I've played 999 ;)
999 IS AWESOME!!! Deffo in my top favs. =D Yeah I've heard that it has been compared to those Phoenix Wright games. Not actually played any myself maybe I should?

Yeah VLR is really good still playing my way through it.... the game decided to freeze on me in the Pec-Room last night! I couldn't even turn off my 3DS!!!:grump:
Totally going to try track a copy down now!
And hells yes to Phoenix Wright. If you're a fan of 999 I'm sure you'll love Wright. It's even on the iOS store, methinks!

Oooh. That doesn't sound good. I heard of this bug around the time VLR came out.
Here's the article I heard it from [link]
I hope your file still works fine!
Yeah it's fine, I just had to let the battery die. It had no effect on the save data... thank god! I'm just sticking to the advise to only save in the novel part's. I think that is the only down side to the game... darn bug!
Thank christ it didn't! This bug is pretty much the *only* bad thing I've heard about the game, so I'm still looking forward to playing it :D
View all replies
Did you find the game confusing? (Once I had completed the game I had to look up some unsolved questions I had on wiki)

On the whole, no. There were only a few questions that I had by the end of the game.

Are you getting Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward? If so on what console? (I have heard there is bug that corrupts saved files on the European version on the 3DS)

Got it, played it, beat it. 3DS. There are definitely a few bugs in the game. The game froze on me a few times, but I didn't get hit with the worst bug, which is the one you're talking about. That bug affects ALL 3DS copies, regardless of region (I'm not sure if it affects the Vita version though). And yes, the bug can corrupt your file, forcing you to start all over. It's easily avoidable, though-- just DO NOT save in any of the puzzle rooms. That is how the bug occurs, so as long as you only save during the novel sections, you should be fine.

There is word the developers are creating a third installment of the game. What do you speculate will happen?

Well, naturally it will tie in with the end of VLR. *SPOILERS FOR VLR* One would think that it would be at the Nevada Test Site, considering that VLR's purpose was to send Sigma and Phi to infiltrate it. Those two aren't the only ones who will appear, though. Junpei and the Kurashikis will probably appear, Kyle and ??? should appear, the human that Luna was based on should appear, and I would think that characters from both of the previous games will show up. Brother and Free the Soul will also play a part. *END SPOILERS*

That said, if this is all the case, though, we know a hell of a lot about about the plot of the next game. It's not like VLR, where we had no idea what was going on at the start of the game. We will know a good portion of the cast AND the location. That's what makes me think that they might pull some kind of a switch on us for the third game.

Who is your fav character? (I would have to say Snake)

From 999, it's Snake. From VLR, Luna.

Did any of the gameplay creep you out? (It was the knocking in the coffin that I found creepy xD)

999 never really creeped me out. Some of the endings were a little eerie (particularly when I found a bunch of dead bodies and had no idea where the killer was), but it wasn't very scary.

VLR freaked me out a little, though. The AB Game itself was pretty intense. *SPOILERS* It really freaked me out when Alice ninja-voted and killed me when she was supposed to be unconscious. When Luna showed up outside of the AB room during her route, that also creeped me out. *END SPOILERS*
Wow that is quite an essay you have written here. =D

From what I have read the bug doesn't effect the PS Vita version. The bug was from the original Japanese version and I guess the game developers couldn't be bothered to fix this before the releases. :shrug:
Yeah. I feel bad for Aksys and Rising Star Games. People are taking it out on them, but their hands are totally tied. They can't fix the faulty coding. Only Chunsoft could have done that, but apparently they're already working on their next project.

A fix probably isn't going to happen, unfortunately.
I play that game since it was recommended by a friend of mine. :D
I really enjoy playing it and I don't find it confusing though.
I just randomly came across it on amazon and thought... w-o-w! I need this in my life.

Haha it must be too intelligent for me then! xD
:laughing:
I just love underrated games because I find it great and has a sense. :D
One of my favorite games C:

1. I think the game does a good job of explaining things at the end.
2. Yeah, once I get a 3DS I'll get it. I've heard about the bug. It's only on the European version?
3. Never played the second, so I can't speculate on the third.
4. Snake, definitely.
5. I did find some parts really creepy, with the atmosphere and the music.
1. It was just the submarine plot that left me a little confused, I didn't know who knifed Jenpei in the back. Now I know.

2. From what I have read it is (possibly) on all versions as they didn't fix the bugs from the Japanese version... what idiots!

3. Neither have I but it's fun to try to guess. :aww:

4. :highfive:

5. All of these things made the game super amazing!
I played 999 and loved it. Like it's one of my top ten games of this generation. I really loved it. I didn't find it difficult or confusing at all though.

I just got Zero Escape for Xmas, though I haven't gotten to play it much.

Clover was my favorite. She was cute and interesting, I think I would get along with her in real life.
It is truly an awesome game. :iconhigh5plz:

Are you worried about experiencing the 'bug' in VLR?

She is my second fav. Why do you think you would get along with her? (apart from Clover being cute and interesting)
Bug? I'm not familiar with this. I've not read up on the game at all to avoid spoilers, especially because I'm not very far into it (I just got it for Xmas).

I think I liked Clover for her optimism. It wasn't blind optimism, she hard her dark moments like anyone would in that situation but she always stayed positive (at least in the true ending, not so much when she stabbed you). I also thought her relationship to Snake was interesting and likable. As someone closer in age (and gender) to Snake, I think I would like having a little sister like her.
Oh I forget to say the bug is only on the 3DS. The advice is to save in the novel parts of the game and to do the PEC-Room quickly.

Awww she does seem to have a very sweet nature about her.
Why, can you get stuck somewhere?
No it's more disastrous than that. If you save in the escape parts of the game the 'bug' can erase your saved data, so the advice is to only save in the novel parts of the game to avoid hours of lost game play. In the PEC-Room the game is more likely to crash but (from what I have heard and read) it shouldn't effect your saved data as long as you save in a novel part.
View all replies