Favourite beat em up?

i have just finished playing a bit of streets of rage 2 i got a game over though so i am a bit bummed out, so i was just wondering what is the best beat em up to play, most say turtles in time or the simpsons arcade or even x men but honestly i think final fight just outdoes them all with castle crashers coming second then street of rage 2 in third
But mainly i was wondering what you think?
Comments67
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Viewtiful Joe 1&2.

and I SERIOUSLY need to play Scott Pilgrim.
Tekken 6 scenario campaign and tekken 4 tekken force.
And probably tekken 5 devil within but I don't think I prefer that.
agree with tekken 5 devil within i couldnt beat the first boss to save my life
Devil May Cry series, Castle Crashers and Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.
Although not directly a beat 'em up, my favourite would have to be Oni. I also enjoyed the Double Dragon series and Castle Crashers.
Scott Pilgrim, Advance/Guardian Heroes, River City Ransom EX.
Ninja Baseball Batman, Scott Pilgrim. Only ones I like.
Fuck me, I forgot about Guardian Heroes. That game was badass.
and probably the best Treasure game IMO.
How about the best side scrolling beat em up of them all? Streets of Rage 3 :toocool:

Or better yet, give the fanmade Streets of Rage Remake V5 a go. It's so good, SEGA had to terminate the download links for it. A fanmade game that they approved themselves before it was completed :lmao: But if you want something else, a co-op run of Battletoads for the Arcade is a good choice. Or Muramasa: The Demon Blade for the Wii. A little modern, but it's beautiful.
Devil May Cry, God of War,Ninja Gaiden, and Streets of Rage.
Castle Crashers is pretty great.
Tekken 3 Tekken Force mode. That was the shit.
Folks DO NOT LISTEN to ~hoggys2much as he hasn't got a clue about anything.

~hoggys2much listen I have said it once and I will say it again SOUL CALIBUR IS A FREAKING FIGHTING GAME.

IT IS A FIGHTING GAME got that! A FIGHTING GAME! Calling Soul Calibur a beat em up is like calling Samurai Shodown 2 a beat em up! They are not as they both use weapons in that game.

If no one believes me here is Bayonetta's wiki article [link]

Don't you think that if Soul Calibur was a beat em up I would have said that! I didn't as IT IS NOT A BEAT EM UP! I said River City Ransom is my favourite beat em up as that is a beat em up.
I do not listen to anyone who lists as his favourite console the freaking crap as hell Nintendon't DS!
I do not listen to anyone who lists as his favourite console the freaking crap as hell seXbox 360!
dammit he blocked me, can't accept bayonetta is a beat em up. obviously is not a true fan.
Somehow, I think he only played the game for the 'one handed mode'... ;)

But seriously, I do think it's rather silly how he can't see how it isn't one. Although, it's fairly obvious that he isn't the brightest bulb around, so...
yeah, i think he is a few spanners short of a toolbox. I highly doubt he has has left his house in a long time and probably just spend his time fapping to lara croft and kissing pictures of that bayonetta bitch.
Exactly my point. :nod: One glance at his favourites... :fear: The stuff of nightmares, I tell you what.
the stuff of a man with no life.
oh look you still have me block because you cannot face me. how weak and pathetic of you, bayonetta or lara wouldn't admire someone doing that? how can you hope to sleep with them if you are so weak?

i will be honest, i have only played the demo, beat some guys up(hence beat em up) got incredibly bored and went outside to play with my friends(probably something you never did).

oh wow you did all this shit that i know nothing about and found yourself a fancy dick ring, i am oh so impressed and take back everything i ever said...
@gvcspecs I am more of a Bayonetta fan that you could ever hope to be. You're the non fan.

You are the retard that can't even get the genre right.

So tell me loser what the hell have you done in Bayonetta? Only easy mode right since you totally suck at the game. Seeing as how you can't get the genre right.

Here is my gamertag link loser [link] and you will see that I have the game finished 1000/1000GS. Lets see yours loser.

I have also ran through the entire game with Jeanne and beaten Father Rodin. I have maximum life bar, the full three bars of magic gauge and have unlocked The Climax Brace and The Bracelet Of Time. I have also done all of that with Jeanne.
...Why don't you just turn off your block and respond to him like a normal person?