Dark Souls II Announced

If you were watching the VGAs, you would notice that Dark Souls II has just been announced.

Thoughts on this? I thought they were going to go with another _____ Souls game, but this is great too. At least they can fill in the story's lingering mysteries.

I cannot fucking wait.
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I haven't actually played the first Dark Souls since I'm so damn anxious to but from what I've seen of it and been told about it, it's quite good so it can only be a good thing that it'll have a sequel soon.
I still have to play the first Dark Souls. Unfortunately, a second hand copy is still €40. I've watched my mates play it and I do want. :drool:
the fuck

at my gamestop I saw dark souls for 15 bucks, where the hell do you live
I live in Ireland and Dark Souls is extremely hard to get hold of since GAME closed shop here a year ago.
oi, must be a pain in the dick

you have my pity
I might get a copy cheap in Dublin though, but it's 3 hours away.
Ten bucks says that they casualize it.
Well you better get the money you won. [link]

As a fan of both Demon's and Dark Souls, this doesn't bode well.:hmm:
I expect you all to give me premium memberships for a year :p
Warning: Long wall of text incoming

Shibuya says, "The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

It is basically saying they want to keep what makes the Souls series well known and that is it's difficulty, talk to any person that hasn't played and most likely they know about the difficulty but not the lore which is what they want to also make more known but not displease their core fans.

As for the "More straight forward" part, believe it or not but Dark Souls was more straight forward than Demon's Souls, so this thing shouldn't be too big of a deal especially since they probably were talking about the storyline but with Miyazaki supervising them, I am sure he will make sure to put in some troll items and hidden lore. Now say it is like "Follow the marker" straight forward, I would be beyond pissed but I am sure Miyazaki would strike it down.

What I think he means by "More straight forward"?
-The game will put more story into the character so we don't have this mysterious character that serves little to no purpose what-so-ever.
Ex: Solaire, he is a jolly dude and a badass but his storyline is weak and has too many holes, even with the all the lore read
Seigmeyer & his daughter, just adventurers but they serve very little purpose except you can get a nice reward in the end with a fatherless girl 2/3 times
I can continue on with others
-Put more purpose and knowledge of what your character is truely doing, Dark Souls was kind of sketchy about that whole thing, in all honesty, the ending is what truely caught the attention to the main story line while the lore stole the rest.
-Make sure there are less holes in the lore so that way we don't get these random dudes we will never know about or will have very little knowledge about

I am sure Miyazaki and the team at From will make sure that there is more hidden lore to read and mysteries and encourage exploration. Their goal is to keep their core fanbase but at least try and draw more attention to the series.

PS: That thing about being more like TES was written by The Edge, no one at From said that what-so-ever, even the link you posted stated that.
This Souls series you speak of... How is it?
dark souls is my GOTY
google it turbonerd
Googled it, all I got was Gotye.
you must be lying

this is the first result on google for GOTY: [link]
Game of the Year?
View all replies
It is like an abusive hot girlfriend, it beats you up but you love it so much you just come back to it anyways for more.
The only thing good about Spike's VGA awards (yeah, an awards show for video games on a channel devoted to dick; that just screams legitimacy. No need for the GDC anymore) was "Story of a Sentry".

:iconsapped3plz:
:iconsentryplz:

That's probably the last time animated quality has been on that channel since the adult episodes of Ren & Stimpy (which Spike also pissed on).
I am not a fan of the VGAs at all; in fact a friend and I were watching it solely to make fun of it

I'd say it actually kind of disappoints me that a game I'm so hyped for was announced at the fucking VGAs, even
I guess they ran out of D words.:bucktooth:
"D" Stands for many things.

:iconendlessdestinyplz::iconendlessdeathplz::iconendlessdreamplz::icondesireplz::iconendlessdespairplz::icondeliriumplz:
Destiny Souls? Death Souls? Dream Souls? Desire Souls? Despair Souls? Delirium Souls?

Somehow, I don't think they have a nice catch to them.:bucktooth: