So I've finally succumbed to the Final Fantasy franchise....

...and now I'm hooked.

I started playing Final Fantasy 7 a few days ago and I can't stop! I knew I a little bit about 7 because I watched someone play through it before, plus Cloud is most likely my favorite character. And Zach, I really need to start back up and play Crisis Core again...

What are everyone else's favorite Final Fantasy games/characters?
Comments50
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Stop at 12. 12 is where everything went wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I found 12, and 13 enjoyable (along with their first sequels) but they are where Square Enix decides to throw everything out the window for the sake of going mainstream. They're basically Square Enix's desperate attempts at getting a bigger fanbase.

Everyone may tell you X is horrid, but I absolutely love it. I find the customization so awesome. Because you can customize, characters, weapons, armor, and even your summons.

And the ending gameplay (like most games like FF) is where everything gets opened and you can explore and stuff, but that''s really fun and stuff.

However, FF9 is probably the best on the list. It has a very good story, and very interesting character (unfortunately, not everyone's stories are fully fleshed out, poor Freya and Amarant) but it has the least customization.

I find 7 is overrated (it is a dead horse for Square Enix, but it is getting replaced in that status with 13) but it is still good.

But 9 and 10 are by far my favs. probably because they were my firsts.

I wouldn't suggest 12 and 13 but they are still enjoyable, they just take a fucking divebomb from what FF usually is. 13-2 tries to get back to what FF roots are (human shops, some puzzles) but it basically a rehashed X-2 but with a dude and time traveling.
Try to play 1-6, those were some true gems of the series.

FF3 (the remake on the DS)is by far my favorite of the main series. The idea of light and darkness as neither being good nor bad caught my attention. Very philosophical.
Stay away from Final Fantasy XIII. It's not a game, it's a walk forward and press X to win simulator with a plot that makes the Michael Bay Transformers trilogy look like The Preacher or The Sandman in comparison.
Welcome brother! Or sister...
FF7 is probably one of the best imo. As is FF6
Lol, that'll be sister to you:P
Yeah, FF7 is pretty awesome so far, however I've heard alot of praise for 6 as well.
i like FF9 FF3 FF7 and the Final Fantasy Tactis Grimoire of the Rift 1and 2
The Warrior of Light from Dissidia is just so cool, and I like Jecht a lot as well. (He may seem like an enormous jerk in FFX, but he's got a heart of gold)

FFVI and FFIV are my favorite games in general. (Though funny enough, my first introduction to FF was FFX. Good gameplay, horrible protagonist)
Got hooked with FFVII compilation. Crisis Core and Advent Children are my favourites. Play through CC a few hundred hours, watch AC so many times over and never bored of it.
Also played Dissidia and Dissidia 012, FFI, FFIV, FFX, FFXII, FFXIII and XIII-2.
They're all mostly good except for 2, 11, 12, and crystal chronicles for the gamecube, and original tactics.

Only played 8 and 13 on console and enjoyed both. Six was very good and is a big reason why people love final fantasy. 1 is jist bare bones basic rpg with little conveyance and next to no story. I enjoyed Tactics Advanced 1 and 2, some ppl say they're too easy, maybe I just enjoy a robust intuitive class system. I thought 8 had a beautiful story and the card system was a very fun sidegame, as well as the weapon making system. I really enjoyed 13, the battle system is so much more exciting than any other final fantasy.
I started replaying 9 again recently.

I remember not liking it at all back when I first played it as a teenager. Now that I've grown up, it might be my favorite game in the series. I love the art direction, and how everyone has personality, even the most minor NPCs.
9 was definately what got me into FF, though after 10 I didn't like the rest of the series.
Final Fantasy I, IV, VII, VIII, and IX are the best

In my honest opinion 6 is highly overrated and 13 is just garbage.
FF games X IV XIII in know particular order

characters Sazh, Lightning, Shelke, Rydia, Rikku
no particular order
My favourite Final Fantasy games are IV and VI so far, with my favourite character being Kain.
Welcome aboard. :)

I love anything to do with Final Fantasy's Ivalice; my favorite hero is Ramze Beoulve (And Basch von Rosenburg because he's based on him), my favorite non-human race is the Ivalicean Moogle, Favorite Monster is the Behemoths...

But my favorite villain is Kefka Palazzo from FFVI.
I like all the games in the series, I'll admit that the earlier ones are better by far, but I don't think that the latest installments are as bad as everyone keeps saying.

So far, I've completed IV, VII, IX, X and XIII. I'm currently playing III, V, VI, VII and XII and I am close to completing VI, but the enemies in the last area are buttraping me. :<

I've also played a little on II, but my PSP was stolen before I was able to complete it. I really miss Crisis Core too... ;^;
I agree, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. You haven't played any Final Fantasy tactics ?
Sadly, no, but I will if I ever get the chance to. What are they like?
Hahaha, uhm tactical. Kidding aside, you build you're own teams and there are a lot of creatures. moogles, bangaa, mages, rangers etc . You fight on a grid, like chess, and planning ahead becomes very important.
Sounds like my cup of tea. I may not be the best at chess in particular, but I enjoy playing it.^^
    Welcome to the awesome that is Final Fantasy. Better late than never. FF7 has so many mini games it's hard to not have a :fav+:. FF7 hands down has the best summons. Have fun playing.
    I'm die hard final fantasy. I like 6 the most, there is so much to do. FF8 had a fun magic system. FF5 introduced character classes, that was pretty badass. Playing ff4 on the ds now, and ff9,ff6 on the S3.
The SNES era Final Fantasies and FF IX were the only good Final Fantasy games.
In order 9, 13, 6, 5, the rest. 9 is the winner by a huge margin though.