Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 49

So I've finally succumbed to the Final Fantasy franchise....

:iconupalafire:
UpalaFire Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012   Traditional Artist
...and now I'm hooked.

I started playing Final Fantasy 7 a few days ago and I can't stop! I knew I a little bit about 7 because I watched someone play through it before, plus Cloud is most likely my favorite character. And Zach, I really need to start back up and play Crisis Core again...

What are everyone else's favorite Final Fantasy games/characters?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconultimamage578:
UltimaMage578 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Stop at 12. 12 is where everything went wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I found 12, and 13 enjoyable (along with their first sequels) but they are where Square Enix decides to throw everything out the window for the sake of going mainstream. They're basically Square Enix's desperate attempts at getting a bigger fanbase.

Everyone may tell you X is horrid, but I absolutely love it. I find the customization so awesome. Because you can customize, characters, weapons, armor, and even your summons.

And the ending gameplay (like most games like FF) is where everything gets opened and you can explore and stuff, but that''s really fun and stuff.

However, FF9 is probably the best on the list. It has a very good story, and very interesting character (unfortunately, not everyone's stories are fully fleshed out, poor Freya and Amarant) but it has the least customization.

I find 7 is overrated (it is a dead horse for Square Enix, but it is getting replaced in that status with 13) but it is still good.

But 9 and 10 are by far my favs. probably because they were my firsts.

I wouldn't suggest 12 and 13 but they are still enjoyable, they just take a fucking divebomb from what FF usually is. 13-2 tries to get back to what FF roots are (human shops, some puzzles) but it basically a rehashed X-2 but with a dude and time traveling.
:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Try to play 1-6, those were some true gems of the series.

FF3 (the remake on the DS)is by far my favorite of the main series. The idea of light and darkness as neither being good nor bad caught my attention. Very philosophical.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Stay away from Final Fantasy XIII. It's not a game, it's a walk forward and press X to win simulator with a plot that makes the Michael Bay Transformers trilogy look like The Preacher or The Sandman in comparison.
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Welcome brother! Or sister...
FF7 is probably one of the best imo. As is FF6
:iconupalafire:
UpalaFire Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012   Traditional Artist
Lol, that'll be sister to you:P
Yeah, FF7 is pretty awesome so far, however I've heard alot of praise for 6 as well.
:iconstxl87:
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
i like FF9 FF3 FF7 and the Final Fantasy Tactis Grimoire of the Rift 1and 2
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The Warrior of Light from Dissidia is just so cool, and I like Jecht a lot as well. (He may seem like an enormous jerk in FFX, but he's got a heart of gold)

FFVI and FFIV are my favorite games in general. (Though funny enough, my first introduction to FF was FFX. Good gameplay, horrible protagonist)
:iconzalxero:
ZALXERO Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Got hooked with FFVII compilation. Crisis Core and Advent Children are my favourites. Play through CC a few hundred hours, watch AC so many times over and never bored of it.
Also played Dissidia and Dissidia 012, FFI, FFIV, FFX, FFXII, FFXIII and XIII-2.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
They're all mostly good except for 2, 11, 12, and crystal chronicles for the gamecube, and original tactics.

Only played 8 and 13 on console and enjoyed both. Six was very good and is a big reason why people love final fantasy. 1 is jist bare bones basic rpg with little conveyance and next to no story. I enjoyed Tactics Advanced 1 and 2, some ppl say they're too easy, maybe I just enjoy a robust intuitive class system. I thought 8 had a beautiful story and the card system was a very fun sidegame, as well as the weapon making system. I really enjoyed 13, the battle system is so much more exciting than any other final fantasy.
:iconreluctantzombie:
ReluctantZombie Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I started replaying 9 again recently.

I remember not liking it at all back when I first played it as a teenager. Now that I've grown up, it might be my favorite game in the series. I love the art direction, and how everyone has personality, even the most minor NPCs.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
9 was definately what got me into FF, though after 10 I didn't like the rest of the series.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
Final Fantasy I, IV, VII, VIII, and IX are the best

In my honest opinion 6 is highly overrated and 13 is just garbage.
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
FF games X IV XIII in know particular order

characters Sazh, Lightning, Shelke, Rydia, Rikku
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
no particular order
:iconjay-hyena:
Jay-Hyena Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My favourite Final Fantasy games are IV and VI so far, with my favourite character being Kain.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Welcome aboard. :)

I love anything to do with Final Fantasy's Ivalice; my favorite hero is Ramze Beoulve (And Basch von Rosenburg because he's based on him), my favorite non-human race is the Ivalicean Moogle, Favorite Monster is the Behemoths...

But my favorite villain is Kefka Palazzo from FFVI.
:iconkaera-neko:
Kaera-Neko Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I like all the games in the series, I'll admit that the earlier ones are better by far, but I don't think that the latest installments are as bad as everyone keeps saying.

So far, I've completed IV, VII, IX, X and XIII. I'm currently playing III, V, VI, VII and XII and I am close to completing VI, but the enemies in the last area are buttraping me. :<

I've also played a little on II, but my PSP was stolen before I was able to complete it. I really miss Crisis Core too... ;^;
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. You haven't played any Final Fantasy tactics ?
Sadly, no, but I will if I ever get the chance to. What are they like?
Hahaha, uhm tactical. Kidding aside, you build you're own teams and there are a lot of creatures. moogles, bangaa, mages, rangers etc . You fight on a grid, like chess, and planning ahead becomes very important.
Sounds like my cup of tea. I may not be the best at chess in particular, but I enjoy playing it.^^
    Welcome to the awesome that is Final Fantasy. Better late than never. FF7 has so many mini games it's hard to not have a :fav+:. FF7 hands down has the best summons. Have fun playing.
    I'm die hard final fantasy. I like 6 the most, there is so much to do. FF8 had a fun magic system. FF5 introduced character classes, that was pretty badass. Playing ff4 on the ds now, and ff9,ff6 on the S3.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
The SNES era Final Fantasies and FF IX were the only good Final Fantasy games.
:icontokyov:
TokyoV Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
In order 9, 13, 6, 5, the rest. 9 is the winner by a huge margin though.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been playing 9 on and off lately.

It's pretty incredible.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I made sure to savor 9, because that was the last shred of bread crust Square gave to the fans of the old school games before it really shit on things.

I still want to hang the asshole who wrote 10's script and story by their own intestines. When you manage to make Tara Strong annoying in something, you know you're doing something very, very wrong. And it's even worse in Japanese.
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yep, it really was Square's final bow before taking a shit on the franchise that made it popular.

I don't understand why people keep thinking that 10 had a good fucking plot. It's like the Sixth Sense combined with Drop Dead Fred, mixed into a terrible anime vat of zippers, leather and neon puke.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
People liked 10 not for plot, but for graphics, at least it was for me. The music was decent aswell. Plus you had some cool characters.
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
It pretty much goes without saying that fans of Final Fantasy 10 are butt-fuck morons, right?

Do butt-fuck morons read a whole lot? No. Do they watch movies with any intellectual value? No. So, it's safe to assume that they think 10 has a good plot because they have absolutely no basis of comparison, because they are so butt-fuck moronic that they wouldn't know a good plot of Neil Gaiman walked up and slapped them.
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
...Very good point. :nod: I do forget there are people who actively avoid anything halfway decent.
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
That's what keeps Michael Bay in the business.

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also, ten's story had among the most preposterous resolutions I can imagine. For starters, sealing sin away for ten years isn't "false hope," it's "sacrificing one damn person every decade to ensure the world doesn't end." Since then sin will be around a few months a decade time maybe, instead of constantly.

Also, the resolution was basically "Attack it with weapons. No one's tried THAT before. Let's decide to do this after giving three minutes of thought, and it works, and we solve the problem forever."
:iconhazeldazel:
hazeldazel Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I enjoy 7 most.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I like 1-6. And then 9.
>Implying that 2 and 3 aren't ass.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
>Implying that 1-3 aren't simply D&D simulators.
That just means you have taste.
I also like the Dragon Quest series and the Mystery Dungeon series. Do I get a medal?
You just get a gold star for that.

But if you can get me those old, old, OLD school games like eye of the beholder, when dungeon-crawling was at its purest, I'd personally give you a freaking medal (which is much better than a regular medal). I missed out on those classic games growing up, and Legend of Grimrock is making me very hungry for them. Also, play Legend of Grimrock.
I've honestly tried my hand at Nethack, but the best I've done is level 37 in Progress Quest. That game is relentless.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like 6, 10 and the DS remake of 3. I'd probably like 4 and 5 if I actually got around to play them properly. I'm also more favorable towards FFX-2 than most people.

I don't like 7. It's a pretty boring game and it started Square on the way of melodramatic bullshit and overly long cutscenes over actual gameplay.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I'm not too big on Final Fantasy but if there are games that I legitimately like, they are V Advance, Tactics, and IX. As far as characters go, I like Faris, Celes, and Zidane the most.
Play 6. If you do, you'll realize how corny, cliche and whiny the characters in 7 are (not nearly as bad as the morons in 8, though).

You'll also get a much, much better villain than sissy sephypoo.
Sometimes chance is a good ally. Kefka was apparently going to be a "serious" villain until they decided that the scene where he enters the first time was "too boring" and they should act like he has a few screws loose to make it more funny.
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
Meh, 6 wasn't that great imo
What, not "anime" enough?
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
I just never understood what was so great about the game.

It's the same as the people that blindly shower praise all over FF7 to me.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
What if it's too late, and FF6 is "too different" from 7?
We do what we always do.

Point and laugh!

:iconkefkalaughplz:
Add a Comment: