Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 357

So the year is done. Whats been the biggest dissapointment for 2012 in games!!! and your fave moment

:iconbugfacegard:
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
For me, just that i didn't get enough time to play as much as i 'd like.
The best part was my three fave titles all got updated. Tekken, Soul and FF XIII-2.

Whats yours?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsarosna:
Sarosna Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Dissapointments:

Diablo 3 - Diablo 2 in new wrappings. They didn't even try to hide the obvious rip-offs.

Guild Wars 2 - A nice game but didn't live up to the hype at all. Way too many bugs, imbalances and the PvP format is boring as hell. Let's hope it gets better with time so I might actually consider making the Ranger I expected to play.

WoW: Mists of Pandaria - Fun at first and I expected a lot but turns out that this "PvP oriented expansion" completely wrecked said PvP. Arenas are a mess.

Good moments:

Mass Effect 3 - Awesome. The last 10 minutes could've been a million times better but at least the DLC fixed it up a little.

Witcher 2 EE - Awesome improvements to an awesome game.
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Wow, thats some very considered thoughts. The bugs would be dissapointing in Guildwars.

Yes somepeople did enjoy mass effect.
Withcer looked sweet.
:iconcimo551:
CIMO551 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
there was no dissapointment for me.
hotline miami and far cry 3 were really awesome.
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
Cool, FC3 looked pretty violent for me but looked amazing.
:iconsniper0092:
Sniper0092 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I love the Halo 4 campaign.
And the biggest downer is (SPOILERS) Cortana's death....
I new she died already i think and halo was sweet.
Yeah...I want the mark v as a DLC....
i only saw reviews but the dlc for it in episodes and all looks heaps good.
Is it a DLC?
Not surebut but it passed 50 million units and made 220m in 24 hours, whooot.
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Disappointment: We didn't get Pandora's Tower, and probably never will, and the 3DS has hardly any games. I haven't bought it yet.

Favorite moment: Playing The Last Story.
:iconzoltor:
Zoltor Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
D3 is the saddest excuse for a game I have ever seen, It's so dumbed down, it might as well play its self, It's that bad. Blizzard must've done this on purpose(even square doesn't make sequels as bad as this), if they kill off the franchise, people will stop begging them for a new Diablo game. Once Blizzard made that POS WoW game(it really is the most bland, and worst overall MMO ever made), they forgot what made them(quality games, specifically the Diablo franchise, but why bust your but making high quality games, when you can get away with selling the drones,crappy games right).

No wonder all the people who made D2 left Blizzard, I guess time to buy Torchlight 2(the inface looks awkward, but aside from that, I'm sure that's bound to be a pretty awesome game.
:icondeizzan:
Deizzan Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought D3 was a slap in the face. I can't quite tell if Blizzard hates us or if they think we're all idiots. Also I will say that while Torchlight does feel a little clumsy, it's not as bad as it looks. It's much more true to the memory of Diablo and Diablo 2 than 3 was.
Zoltor Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
Yea, no way should D3 be this bad, just because the original D2 team left, this had to be intentional.

Yea I'm gonna have to pick Torchlight 2 up, if I can even find the damn thing, haven't seen it being sold anywhere for awhile now. I heard they stopped selling it/pulled from the market, because there were too many users, but damn, didn't think it would be off the market this long.

Just so you knoe, There's a awesome D2 clone out, Fate, it lacks story, and outside areas though, but there are a ton of expansions(there's a new one out infact).
I tried Fate, it wasn't bad at all. i enjoyed it. I've also had a couple people mention Titan Quest and Path of Exile.

At this point I'm thinking of going and dusting off my old D2 discs and play that into oblivion... again.
Zoltor Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
Yea :)

I'm way ahead of you there, I'm at the final boss, which is hard as hell to solo(It's pointless to play online, item duping, and such), so I'll be farming items until I can beat it, then move to the next difficulty lv.
I'm retro gaming it up at the moment, but when I'm through with my list I will probably be doing just that. Yeah, I don't see much reason to play online anymore. In the old days my friends and I would randomly start new characters and run through the game. Always entertaining.
Deizzan Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
My biggest complaint has to be the fact that CoD:BOII has the ability to turn full grown men into whiny little girls. Also I hate talking to people on CoD. I also hate hearing people talk on CoD. In short, I hate most the people who play CoD.

Also, I know that CoD is pretty much the bottom of the bin when it comes to "gamers". I enjoy playing it when I'm bored. My favorite moment in personal gaming for 2012 was redownloading ZSNES and a GB emulator along with a whole mess of games while I spent way too long powerleveling my way through old FF games and other old school RPGs. Some games can never be replaced.
:iconlunchmuffin:
lunchmuffin Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Where is the new Team Ico game? Where is Last Guardian?! >_<
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Yeah they are taking there time with that.
:iconmikez83:
MikeZ83 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Far Cry 3
Unskippable cutscenes and missions that require you to solve them in a specific way? Aren't we way beyond that?
As if turning Crysis 2 into a damn rail shooter with tacked-on button mashing wasn't already enough of an insult ...
Haha yeah, i hate puzzles in games cause there like math and you can get past them and play the game and just enjoy it. Never got into rail shooters myself.
:iconmikez83:
MikeZ83 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't have a problem with puzzles where they make sense, but if I wanted to play a stealth game just for stealth's sake, I would've launched Dishonored.
Yeah but i suck at puzzels and they exist outside of the game normal like in FF-XIII2. They lock you in and is not like and rpg untill you get out. if it wasn't necessary to advance the story i wouldn't mind.
:iconlemon1986:
lemon1986 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
capcom, oooOOOOHHH capcom! they promised us a new megaman game since the cancelation of megaman legends 3, and what did we get? a game that could be made for $50! that's right, an IPHONE GAME! A CHEAPLY DEVELOPED IPHONE GAME! and yet they expect us to pay!

ladies and gentlemen I present you the biggest capcom disappointment of all time! [link]
:iconcederbom:
Cederbom Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
What the hell is that crap? I've seen flash games made by amateur hobbyists more complex than that! :lol:
That totally suck that they did that. I'd hate that.
:iconcrystalistical:
Crystalistical Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
My biggest disappointment was Microsoft and 343i destroying Halo. My favourite moment? The Sega Dreamcast getting a new game. I thought that was pretty neat.
I herd halo was a sucess. I can't believe the dreamcast got a new game, so cool.
:iconguyver89:
Guyver89 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
To each their own. I'm a die hard Halo fan since the beginning in 2001. I think 343 actually saved Halo from where Bungie was taking it with Halo Reach.
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
Yeah, Halo 4 seems like a impressive game and has actually added more material for it to go much further than actually run out of content.
Impressive.
:iconmarvelouschester:
MarvelousChester Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Dissapointment? Everything, even my favorite game series is giving me a mix of heart attacks and reassurance, DONT FUCK UP SHIBUYA!
Yeah can be tough when they play around with things on loved series.
:iconaprilmcguire:
AprilMcGuire Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012   Digital Artist
Biggest disappointment?

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time being released ONLY AS A 3DS GAME. I have a regular DS, and they only released that title for the new tiny shitty 3DS. Alongside, Mario 3D. Both previously N64 games, the system of my childhood. All I gotta say is, greedy bastards. Sometimes I hate where Nintendo went.
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Thats sucks Zelda is only on 3ds. Yeah i got put off nintendo awhile back, atm i'm all ps3. And vita if it can get some good rpgmmos.
:iconaprilmcguire:
AprilMcGuire Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012   Digital Artist
I'm all xbox right now, mostly because I can't go out and spend the cash on a different system and all the games I want haha. But xbox is good for me right now
Cool, i'm tempted to get a more powerful ps3 but can't really afford it.
:iconabandonx:
abandonX Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012   General Artist
Anyone part of Videogamelovers? I'm actually holding a contest to determine which game is the best of this year. All nominations are fan favs. Didn't know Deviantart actually had a forums though o_O...
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Disappointments: Everything
Favorite moment: Capcom being competent for once and releasing Dragon's Dogma
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Haha, yeah capcom did well with Dogma.
:iconnirvanagenesis:
NirvanaGenesis Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Sick of Monster Hunter games being announced as exclusive to Nintendo consoles, personally. Those games are the only games on current gen Nintendo consoles that I have any interest in whatsoever, but like hell I'm going to buy a console for just Monster Hunter.

Not sure what my favorite moment would be. I'd been waiting for Primal Carnage for over a year and I have found it to be very entertaining despite the game breaking lag or glitches or whatever. It's not the best game, but I enjoy it.

I don't play enough games. I tend to play games a year after they're released. :saddummy:
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
I want some Monster hunter lovin' on my psvita
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Yeah i feel the same way about monster hunter. I tend to play game after awhile of there realease dat too.
:icontheonetheycalldusk:
TheOneTheyCallDusk Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I was really hoping that Meet the Pyro would re-kindle my love for TF2. Turns out Mann vs. Machine did a better job of it.

I really don't see why so many people are upset about E3 though, considering it's been awful for such a long time now, and is progressively getting worse.
Wow, ok then. Yeah but e3 will have to pick up when the next gen are anounced for sure.
:iconthechronowolf:
TheChronoWolf Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
black ops 2 zombies could not get any worse
Yeah, iactually don't play much military or zombies my self.
:iconlightdemoncodeh:
LightDemonCodeH Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Nintendo Power died.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree. :( I was subscribed for years. Good times...
:iconlightdemoncodeh:
LightDemonCodeH Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
yeah.
Add a Comment: