Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 56

Gaming Series needing an overhaul

:iconaazmatazz:
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You know those games (retro/modern) which could seriously need a new lick of paint and what would you like to see from the reboot.

I have 2 gaming franchises I'd like to see rejigged/rebooted.

-Desert/Jungle/Urban/Soviet/Nuclear Strike - Surely a company such as Ubisoft or activision could get a game like this in the pipeline. I'd like to see something running on Frostbite 2 and really make you feel like a kickass chopper pilot.

-Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Black/White ETC ETC ETC!!!!- I'd like to see these games come to a console and utilise proper 3D graphics, proper sounds (Pokemon sounds and Voice Acting). I know Nintendo have done it before with Colosseum, but I would like to see the game taken in a different direction and some effort actually put in.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
No voice acting in Pokemon please. :(

Sonic-I stopped playing after Unleashed, I was just so disappointed. I heard Colors and Generations was good, but I'm not sure if I can go back to Sonic just yet

FF-Definitely this. In fact, they need to spend more time with FF: Crystal Chronicles, that was a good game. No more "good grahixs" please and work on what made the old FF games good.

FPS-Kill them all

Mario- 2D side-scrollers, not enough innovation

Anything Rareware-Pleaaaaaase do! Anybody!

Valve-Count to three please. I want my Half-Life/Portal 3 now. D:<
:iconbananaspliit:
BananaSpliit Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Starfox.
First 2 games were extremely good. Adventures was quite good but not really fitting and then the serie went from shit game to shit game.

It needs a reboot to the roots
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I want an english version of PAL.
Taiwanese Chinese RPG for PC, back in the 90's
:iconprofessormegaman:
ProfessorMegaman Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Zelda.

I'm more than tired of the Ocarina-style that has had dominant influence on every console Zelda title since. And the portable Zelda games have gotten stale even with their half-assed attempts to retain the overhead style of the original game.

I say cut back on story and character, keep the gameplay non-linear, keep the in-game chit-chat to a minimum, no little bugs flying around solving puzzles for the player, no boats, trains, were-forms, flying birds or time-traveling.

And I might be in a massive minority on this one, but I'd welcome another side-scroller like Zelda II.
:icondeclan2009supermega:
declan2009supermega Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The 2D Mario games! because I loved New Super Mario Bros U, but don't want to play through it again for another system........
:iconz3ldamahboi:
Z3ldaMahBoi Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie, Conker.... So... Rare in general.

Fuck Microsoft.
:iconskoochie:
Skoochie Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Doom.. though not sure if that would ruin it, but surely it would be interesting to see what it would be like.

or Mount&Blade
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah Doom is a weird one. I loved the originals (DDQD was a cheat code i think lol) it was the pace and ferocity of what you were facing which resulted in a ROCK HARD game.

Fast forward nearly 20 years and games have changed. Now the devs want you to see the ending and I think the change in difficulty just makes it another survival horror.

I suppose the rebooted Doom may be Dead Space?
:iconskoochie:
Skoochie Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ain't a doom game without a Big Fucking Gun 9000 :D

Yeah, they also need to look at a the age, making game for both adults and children. Though some new games *cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough* does not live up to it's predecessor.. this is just how 'new age' can screw up a legendary game.
:iconbad-chop-suey:
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
MERCENARIES!!!! That game needs a serious comeback!! And an HD re-release of 1.
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
It was fun, Actually gives you that, I am so badass, I can call in a tank drop.
And capture card targets single handedly.

However It was repetive, and the second one was just so bad. I mean it was fun,. But still lacked that choice to it.
:iconbad-chop-suey:
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
EXACTLY
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
They should allow more character customisation though. i wanted to Play as an Asian man.
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Mercenaries...IDK

I bought the first one and thought it was 'ok'

Then I brought the 2nd one and it was disgraceful, the amount of glitches in it were unacceptable and in all fairness, what can the game do that, say Just Cause can't do?
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Final Fantasy needs to a serious overhaul, such as having actual gameplay and not being a "walk forward and press X to win simulator" and good character designs (Tetsuya Noruma is a hack) and characters who aren't emo. Or it needs to die, Final Fantasy hasn't been good since Final Fantasy IX.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Digital Artist
We all know that's not true. Gameplay part, yes, but I think Nomura's designs are great. Yeah, he does have a tendency to have too many zippers on one pair of shorts, but come on...His designs are just awesome at least 75% of the time.

Though, I will agree that his work belongs in 2D games, and that Yoshitaka Amano needs to come out of retirement and design the next Final Fantasy. His artwork has always been subtly beautiful and graceful, using minimalist colors and other-worldly designs.
:iconultimamage578:
UltimaMage578 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I kind of want to know whose idea it was to take out the puzzles. There haven't been any puzzles since like... X-2?

I stopped liking FF mostly at XII.

And XIII-2? It's the same story as X-2 but with time traveling. At least X had a reason for a sequel.

I putting all my hope on Fifteen. If fifteen sucks, I don't think I'll ever another FF game again.

I have no problem with the character designs. It is mostly their development (they've really have given up on trying to develop every character), the story, and the lack of puzzles. I miss my puzzles.
:iconinvader-vash:
Invader-Vash Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
Sonic. But will they please use the story of SatAM! I think if they use that, bring in characters like Sally and Bunnie Rabbot, bring that series Robotnik, and work with Traveller's Tale or Bioware. We might have a great game. :)
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Dude, it ain't happening.
:iconinvader-vash:
Invader-Vash Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student General Artist
A guy can dream.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Gran Turismo needs an overhaul or at least adds to the experience to make it simulate real driving more, such as realistic damage and pit fueling where the nozzle doesn't float in the same place and magically refill the car with super wifi fuel.
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
-Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Black/White ETC ETC ETC!!!!- I'd like to see these games come to a console and utilise proper 3D graphics, proper sounds (Pokemon sounds and Voice Acting). I know Nintendo have done it before with Colosseum, but I would like to see the game taken in a different direction and some effort actually put in.

If they do another console title like Colosseum, it will be another semi-spinoff like Colosseum. The main series has been a staple of Nintendo handhelds since the original Game Boy, which has helped with version splitting to require players to get together and trade in order to "catch 'em all". Such an aspect is considerably more difficult when you remove portability, i.e. put the games on a console.

With that said, it would come as no surprise to me if the 6th Generation pair (undoubtedly to be released on the 3DS) is going to utilize full 3D graphics, similar to those of Colosseum or Gale of Darkness.

As for my own choice, I have to say that I can't think of an entire series that needs an overhaul, but I do know a game that is in dire need of a remake: Metroid II: Return of Samus. They ported the game to the 3DS Virtual Console, but anyone who has bothered to play it has to admit that the game has aged terribly, much like its predecessor (which is why its predecessor received a remake in 2004).
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ok so maybe not on a console. But honestly the Pokemon franchise has just become a whipping horse for nintendo to guarantee sales, like Call of Duty almost. It's just lazy. I mean even a pokemon game with the right cries instead of that 8 bit mess you get. I mean I could understand things like that on the Gameboy, but come on Nintendo managed to get Zelda: OoT down to the 3DS so why do they feel its good enough to use the sound effects from a much lesser platform?

I also think if the point of it is to make you feel like a pokemon trainer, while exploring the pokemon world why not use a proper 3D engine, I'm sure the 3DS could handle something like that and if you are walking around a living breathing world it would instantly enhance the game.

Also while we are on the subject of pokemon. I'd like to see Pokemon snap! return on the 3DS.
Imagine sitting in the garden looking through the viewfinder (3DS)and a diglett starts digging through the rose bushes. Or a Spearow soars through the sky above you and unless you have brought the zoom upgrade you cant see it. I think there is alot of untapped potential
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
But honestly the Pokemon franchise has just become a whipping horse for nintendo to guarantee sales, like Call of Duty almost. It's just lazy.

That is debatable.

Pokémon is statistically the second best-selling video game series in video game history, behind only Mario. To not capitalize on its success would be terrible business sense.

At the very least, Nintendo puts a few ounces of effort into each canon Pokémon game and generation, as evidenced by the overall excellent production values given the type of game Pokémon is. You cannot say the same about Call of Duty, which is a true example of annual rehashing, alongside most sports series.

I mean even a pokemon game with the right cries instead of that 8 bit mess you get. I mean I could understand things like that on the Gameboy, but come on Nintendo managed to get Zelda: OoT down to the 3DS so why do they feel its good enough to use the sound effects from a much lesser platform?

Comparing what they did with a series that originated on a handheld and a single game that originated from a console is akin to comparing apples and oranges. They did indeed carry Zelda OoT over to the 3DS, but it is 3D and has good sound effects because that is what it had in its original version.

Pokémon is a different case. The series originated on a handheld, and a primitive one to boot. Many veterans who have been fans since Gen 1's debut on the Game Boy would not be content with the changing of the cries they've come to know. Nintendo is not a company to make wild decisions that could cost them a part of their fanbase. I realize that abandoning a series because a few cries were changed seems a bit drastic, but think about the subtle animosity many veterans already have towards the series, with the commonly-shared belief that the new Pokémon have terrible designs and such. One more little "slip-up" could prompt them to abandon the series altogether.

Meanwhile, the cries are getting progressively more realistic. In the first two generations, they were 8-bit because that is all there was. In Gen 3, they became 16-bit. In Gen 4, they became 24-bit. Gen 5 retained the 24-bit style cries.

Compare, say, the cry of Infernape to the cry of Mankey--Infernape sounds much more like an actual monkey. That's because the cries have gotten progressively more realistic. The cry of Archeops, which sounds legitimately like a prehistoric bird, is more realistic than the cry of Aerodactyl, which is just some 8-bit guttural chirping.

So in a way, you are already getting your wish, sans the first two generations' Pokémon cries getting "fixed".

Also while we are on the subject of pokemon. I'd like to see Pokemon snap! return on the 3DS.

I approve of this idea.
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A Streets of Rage remake cut from the same cloth as Shank on XBLA would be epic
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Blackthorn could do with a revamp, don't remember when last I saw a side scroll shooter. I also would like to see firebrand making a return in a new Demon's
:iconmystic-serat:
Mystic-Serat Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012   Artist
Guardian Legend. Hands down. I have yet to see a modern game that plays like this one. I like the dungeon crawl/shmup combo.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Mario Kart just needs to die now. It can't be fixed. After Sega decimated Nintendo with Sonic Transformed, I can't even look at Mario Kart anymore. Lol

Mario in general needs some tweaking. These uninspired rehashes are getting old.
That's really it for me. I'd say Zelda should be fixed, but I only hate one game in the series.
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Mario Kart is sickening now. I remember the magic from the first one on the snes and it was almost magical, now it's like nintendo's whore.

Ok I've got a be revamp I just thought of. Tell me I'm wrong but Theme Hospital. It's a travesty it hasn't been done already. The accessibility of the original but more illnesses/equipment/research/staff types. Oh man that needs to be done.
Double Dash was the last one that tried, I think.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional Artist
Almost any Nintendo game could use more experimentation (Don't try to tell me I'm wrong here boys and girls, because I already proved in another thread, that I will link to if ignore this bit here, that Sony and Microsoft had done far more experimentation over the last two console generations).

I'd personally like to see Red Faction in the hands of anyone besides Volition.

Dark Void deserves another shot, if not a sequel. I've even got a boatload of ideas written down for a good revamp.

The Force Unleashed. The sequel actually was better executed on the combat front (far more balanced and far less tedious) but was too damn short. Let someone spend more than two years working on it, and reimplement the cut multiplayer component.

I'd love to see spin-offs of Dead Space. An FPS version would be most intriguing, and I actually am open to that flight simulator game that EA was considering (although I'm curious to see how the necromorphs will tie in. Maybe ground/interior sections with standard survival horror as well?)

Honestly, I would love to see a new LEGO Rock Raiders. With the hardware and development tools that are available now... the potential is limitless. Especially with TT at the helm, along with the original designers of the first RR game.
Thank you. Nintendo needs to take pointers from EVERYBODY before they label themselves as innovators ever again. All of their new shit after Prime 3 was either trash or boring to me.

Especially that abomination of a Zelda game, Skyward Shit.
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Nintendo needs to take pointers from EVERYBODY before they label themselves as innovators ever again.

So Nintendo needs to take lessons from EA, Activision, Bioware, Bethesda, or Sega? And what exactly has Sony or Microsoft did that was even remotely as meaningful than what Nintendo did decades ago. I'm talking about the actual companies' video-game related accomplishments here, not third party developers in which, let's be honest, any company could buy out and claim that they were innovative through them. Not saying that Nintendo are the #1 innovators, because they're not, but I would love for anyone to tell me how this generation is any better without them.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
I was bein sarcastic saying Everybody just to show how disappointed I am in them. I honestly have yet to see them do anything except just gloat and flaunt themselves this gen.

Anything that sold a million+ seemed to have sold because it had Mario or Zelda on the front even if it was just a blatant rehash which literally every Mario after Galaxy 1 is right now. Zelda...God, I can't talk about Zelda.
I was bein sarcastic saying Everybody just to show how disappointed I am in them.

I don't see how that was suppose to be sarcasm.

I honestly have yet to see them do anything except just gloat and flaunt themselves this gen.

And Sony and Microsoft are the humblest companies in the world, let alone did anything of use lately?

Anything that sold a million+ seemed to have sold because it had Mario or Zelda on the front even if it was just a blatant rehash which literally every Mario after Galaxy 1 is right now.

Same can be said with any Sonic game after Colors Wii, but you don't seem to have a problem with Generations. Plus that argument about Mario and Zelda only sold because of their namesake can only work if any of the games have little to no appeal to other people. No matter how you feel about Skyward Sword, it's not exactly the type of game to be hated by everyone, even if it were some other character.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
*looks at thread title, face palms for wondering why I decided to ignite the shitstorm fuel with an opinion*

If you honestly believe I think Nintendo should listen to everyone...damn.

And I don't have an issue with Generations because it wasn't just a bland slapped together collection like every single Nintendo Anniversary to date except maybe one (and Nintendo isn't the only one guilty of that either...Konami *cough*).
Difference between reimagining and rehashing. There's also a difference between charging full price for something I've played before and charging $40 for something of quality after years of mediocrity. And only 2 main Sonic games came after Colors both for a cheap price. After Galaxy we have three, THREE sidescrollers of the same title, TWO made at the same time, and a game that was no different than Galaxy 1.

I suppose your next argument is to label me a Sonic fanboy though, huh? So I'll let you have the last word. Not arguing over the Internet about video games. ESPECIALLY not on DeviantArt.

However, you've got me on the SS, and Microsoft points.
I'm...not trying to make a fight. Calm down.

Difference between reimagining and rehashing.

And just because a game uses the same engine doesn't make it a rehash. Otherwise a shit load of shmups series have a lot of rehashes. Also the recent Sonic games are all guilty of having little identity of their own with a worst engine than their predecessors. To claim that Sonic Generations is a reimagining when it rehashes levels from the past games yet if Galaxy 2 uses the same engine but with different level designs is a rehash is hypocritical. I'm saying this as somebody who doesn't care for Galaxy 2 and loves Sonic Generations.

There's also a difference between charging full price for something I've played before and charging $40 for something of quality after years of mediocrity.

Galaxy 2 was, very clearly, geared for anybody who loves the original and wants more levels. It never pretended to be anything different. If you expected a gigantic difference like from 64 to Sunshine, that's your fault. Also, Sonic gets the excuse to rehash games from Colors DS to Sonic 4 part 1 to Sonic Generations HD to Sonic 4 part 2 to Sonic Generations 3DS because the series shitted around?

I was only trying to debate something that you said. I don't think you are a fanboy and if I came across as aggressive, I'm sorry.
:iconsareth1337:
Sareth1337 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmm... thats a difficult one.
Actually, the games I'd like to see rebooted or remade aren't series, more the kind of experimental one-shot games. that occasionally pop up between the big muddy triple-A titles.
Games like Mirror's Edge with it's pure gameplay and astounding asthetics or Dark Messiah with its great environment-design and fast, skillfull melee-combat...
Warzone 2100 would be another entry, an old RTS-Game that has some really good bits. Being able to design your own units really creates all different kinds of strategy. It's also the only game where artillery and aircrafts are fun and flexible to use in different situations (at least for me).
Need for Speed: Underground 2 and NFS: Porsche are worth an update too, but EA would' f' it up either way, so I desperatly hope those don't happen <.<
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Resident Evil should have stopped around the third entry, with exceptions for Zero and REmake.

I love Resident Evil 4 but the entire series would have been better off if it wasn't continuing a story that should have ended with Raccoon City.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student General Artist
Quake, it would be nice if they went back to the games roots where it was a game about a space marine trapped in an atmospheric medieval gothic Lovecraft world instead of the generic kill the aliens sequels it had.

Final Fantasy, it really needs to step up it's game after releasing crap like Final Fantasy 13, 13-2, and the original 14 build.

Resident Evil just because.

Tomb Raider, mostly because I'm not really feeling the new reboot they're putting out right now

And then just because, I think they should stop trying to reboot games that don't need to be rebooted like Devil May Cry, where now they're putting out a crappy dumbed down game with horrible writing just to get the magical western audience capcom seems to really want to get.
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wow ppl really getting riled up lol

I thought of another game in serious need of a make over Dog's life on the Ps2. The game wasn't brilliant but running around as a dog. There is a story, you learn new tricks and the open world area is MASSIVE.
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Sonic really needs either rebooted or scrapped altogether.

Every game this gen as been an utter abhorrent hideous mess it is unbelievable. Iizuka needs to be shot at what he has done to Sonic.

Somebody give the game to Travellers Tales and get Sonic away from those fucktards at Sonic Team.

It is no wonder SEGA de-listed two games as they were utter shit.

Generations is one of the worst games I have ever played in my life.

Soul Calibur is another one that needs either rebooted or scrapped. Soul Calibur IV was mediocre at best and SC V was just a total disaster. Well I am not surprised that SC V was a fucking disaster as some fucktard who I would dearly love to kill and stab multiple times through the heart decided it would be a good idea to put Assassin's Shit into the game.
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Soul Calibur. Seriously that franchise keeps getting worse with every installment. Soul Calibur IV and Soul Calibur V are festering abortions and are two of the worst fighting games of this generation.

Star Fox. It needs to go back what made the first Star Fox and Star Fox 64 so good.

Mario. Super Mario Galaxy 2 I felt was the last worthwhile Mario game, the NSMB games are so cookie-cutter and even Paper Mario: Sticker Star seems to be disappointing.

Elder Scrolls. I'll get flamed for this, but Skyrim is a big step back from the quality of the previous entries.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I never played the Soul Calibur or Elder Scrolls series, but I agree with you on Star Fox and Mario. I haven't played Sticker Star, though, and I thought Star Fox Adventures and Assault were great- even though the former was much different than the rest of the series.
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Grand Theft Auto. GTA IV is shit compared to GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas.
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Resident Evil - Either get the people who worked on RE: Revelations to handle the series or just kill the franchise with what a little dignity it has left.
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Metroid: Regardless of how anyone thinks of Other M, one has to admit that its reputation left a scar on the franchise.

Fallout: At this point, given the way Bethesda would treat the series, I would rather they make a reboot rather than ruin the originals with games like 3.

2D Mario. While I love NSMBU, it came 3 games too late (after NSMB 1/Wii/2). Not necessarily reboot but I would love to see a SMB4 or a SMW3.

Yoshi series. I would love a proper home console sequel to Yoshi's Island, to ignore any game from Yoshi's Story to Yoshi's Island DS (I think that's the last Yoshi game).

Sonic. After Generations, now would be a good time to start the franchise over to get the best identity for the series. Example: a proper Sonic 4 that's non-episodic and hire the guy who did that Sonic CD remastered to do it. Anything from Adventure and up should be ignored. Maybe the 3D Generations gameplay can be kept but that's it.

Knights of the Old Republic. Search yourself, you know this to be true.

Ultima. My god, what has happened to this series? Not full reboot but I feel that the last trilogy needs desperately to be redone.

XCOM. I've never seen so many misses within a franchise. Even Sonic has more than 1 good game.

Legend of Zelda. I know I will be lynched when I say this but I think this series had gotten worse and worse within each entry.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I would love a new Yoshi game :D
:iconfawfulmk-ii:
fawfulmk-II Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
well, since I'm the Nintendo guy, those are the only games I can comment on so far, so here goes:

Metroid:I can feel you, espicoially since I consider Prime one of the best series overhauls EVER. I feel they should try a 2.5D game....with Konami. It would be a match in Heaven.

Fallout:hmm, need to get into this series myself, but I heard great things about 3 and mixed feelings about New Vegas.

2D Mario: My feelings exactly. someting went eschew with the NSMB series at one point. NSMB1 is Great, NSMBWii was a perfected version of that,NSMBU I've heard good things about, but NSMB2 has no reason to exist. also I feel ever since 2009,they have been playing it too safe with the Mario games, since they all had the same basic playstyles-something that hasn't happened in the series since Lost Levels! they need to be more bold again.

...also SMB4 was World. just throwing it out there.

Yoshi: good news-a new game is supposed to come out for the Wii-U, apparently.

Sonic: it's going in the right direction thankfully, due to games like Colors and the All-Star Racing series(a Sonic spin-off worth a damn! finally!) I'm a little worried about the rumored reboot though, since they it's supposed have a Skylanders-like figure theme....

Zelda: while I don't feel quite the same way, I see where you are coming from. I feel most of the problem comes from people who think that every Zelda game MUST be like OOT, which kinda handicaps it. awhile back, Miyamoto revealed the original concept for the first Zelda was going to have Link travelling between an aincient past and a digital future collecting data chips that were the 8 parts of the Triforce-after reading that.....I want to play that so, so bad.
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Nintendo guy, Fallout and Sonic are not from them.:bucktooth:

Anyhoo...

Metroid: I'm more of a Prime fan but more 2D would be welcome. I'm hoping for Metroid II to get the Zero Mission-treatment. Whichever, 2D or Prime, I just hope that Metroid doesn't skip Wii-U gen. Konami? Well, the closest franchise like Metroid is Castlevania. It should be interesting to see a literal Metroidvania.:bucktooth:

Fallout: I personally prefer New Vegas myself. It has better writing, quest design, and challenge. Admittedly 3 has nice atmosphere.

2D Mario: I feel that if Nintendo only made NSMB and NSMBU, the series might feel more fresh. I personally prefer 2D Mario, so I just wish whichever the next game it is will be more inventive. Sort of like what World is to SMB3. I guess there's hope for the inevitable 3D Mario at least. I didn't care for the first Galaxy and it didn't help that the games after that were just like it. If it's Galaxy 3, then I don't know what to say.

...Also I'm aware that SMB4 is World. It's just over in America, the suffice dropped. If the next 2D Mario that isn't part of the "New" series called itself a name, it would probably be SMB4 over where I live. In Japan, I'd expect it'd be called SMB5.;P

Yoshi: I heard that after I wrote that entry. It's still a rumor but I hope that it's true. If Nintendo made a great 2.5D sidescroller sequel to Yoshi's Island, the Wii U will officially be my 2nd favorite console.:D

Sonic: I didn't know about the rumored reboot. As long as Sega realize that fans do not want any alternate playstyle bs or SRSBUSINESS storyline, Sonic should be just fine. As much as I love Sonic Generations, I do hope Sonic would not always stay in its classics' shadow.

Zelda: I'd definitely play a Zelda game like that too. Seems very original.:nod: In any case, I agree that too many people are acting as if whichever the next Zelda game should be like OOT. My issues with the series is that there's they became more easier, have so much fluff, and the formula is very standard. Iwata and Miyamoto said they might do either a sequel to ALttP or a Majora's Mask remake. Ignoring Link's Awakening, an ALttP sequel would raise expectations as much as Skyward Sword.

I'm glad we see eye-to-eye overall.;)
Add a Comment: