Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 56

Gaming Series needing an overhaul

:iconaazmatazz:
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You know those games (retro/modern) which could seriously need a new lick of paint and what would you like to see from the reboot.

I have 2 gaming franchises I'd like to see rejigged/rebooted.

-Desert/Jungle/Urban/Soviet/Nuclear Strike - Surely a company such as Ubisoft or activision could get a game like this in the pipeline. I'd like to see something running on Frostbite 2 and really make you feel like a kickass chopper pilot.

-Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Black/White ETC ETC ETC!!!!- I'd like to see these games come to a console and utilise proper 3D graphics, proper sounds (Pokemon sounds and Voice Acting). I know Nintendo have done it before with Colosseum, but I would like to see the game taken in a different direction and some effort actually put in.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
No voice acting in Pokemon please. :(

Sonic-I stopped playing after Unleashed, I was just so disappointed. I heard Colors and Generations was good, but I'm not sure if I can go back to Sonic just yet

FF-Definitely this. In fact, they need to spend more time with FF: Crystal Chronicles, that was a good game. No more "good grahixs" please and work on what made the old FF games good.

FPS-Kill them all

Mario- 2D side-scrollers, not enough innovation

Anything Rareware-Pleaaaaaase do! Anybody!

Valve-Count to three please. I want my Half-Life/Portal 3 now. D:<
:iconbananaspliit:
BananaSpliit Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Starfox.
First 2 games were extremely good. Adventures was quite good but not really fitting and then the serie went from shit game to shit game.

It needs a reboot to the roots
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I want an english version of PAL.
Taiwanese Chinese RPG for PC, back in the 90's
:iconprofessormegaman:
ProfessorMegaman Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Zelda.

I'm more than tired of the Ocarina-style that has had dominant influence on every console Zelda title since. And the portable Zelda games have gotten stale even with their half-assed attempts to retain the overhead style of the original game.

I say cut back on story and character, keep the gameplay non-linear, keep the in-game chit-chat to a minimum, no little bugs flying around solving puzzles for the player, no boats, trains, were-forms, flying birds or time-traveling.

And I might be in a massive minority on this one, but I'd welcome another side-scroller like Zelda II.
:icondeclan2009supermega:
declan2009supermega Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The 2D Mario games! because I loved New Super Mario Bros U, but don't want to play through it again for another system........
:iconz3ldamahboi:
Z3ldaMahBoi Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie, Conker.... So... Rare in general.

Fuck Microsoft.
:iconskoochie:
Skoochie Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Doom.. though not sure if that would ruin it, but surely it would be interesting to see what it would be like.

or Mount&Blade
:iconaazmatazz:
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah Doom is a weird one. I loved the originals (DDQD was a cheat code i think lol) it was the pace and ferocity of what you were facing which resulted in a ROCK HARD game.

Fast forward nearly 20 years and games have changed. Now the devs want you to see the ending and I think the change in difficulty just makes it another survival horror.

I suppose the rebooted Doom may be Dead Space?
:iconskoochie:
Skoochie Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ain't a doom game without a Big Fucking Gun 9000 :D

Yeah, they also need to look at a the age, making game for both adults and children. Though some new games *cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough* does not live up to it's predecessor.. this is just how 'new age' can screw up a legendary game.
:iconbad-chop-suey:
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
MERCENARIES!!!! That game needs a serious comeback!! And an HD re-release of 1.
Add a Comment: