Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 65

Sonic Racing Transformed

:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Who's played and enjoyed this as much as I have? I'll admit to the first being a BLATANT ripoff of Mario Kart Wii down to the damn cheap motorcycles. This one however, I don't know what wizards Sega hired but this to me is the best kart racer I've ever played. The tracks are varied and have so many paths. The physics are a smooth blend of Hydro Thunder, NFS, and Diddy Kong Racing (car and plane). Not to mention unlike later Mario Kart games, I feel personally that the tracks are actually built around the physics to work properly before looking pretty. And pretty they are too!

The main thing that struck me though, is that I am playing a kart racer that actually takes...skill. No cheap wins or impossible to dodge items here. I can dodge every item with proper timing, track obstacles aren't impossible, drifting takes practice, and the AI is difficult in that they play just as smart as you should. It's just a great racer. I didn't have high hopes for this, but it turned out absolutely amazing. All the mistakes from the first were removed and the good stuff was carried over. There are some flaws, but not much to really ruin it for me. And $40 new? Bonus edition? That's a steal for a game bursting with content and variety like this.

If you like fun colorful racers or Sonic, give this a go somewhere. But skip the first one, especially if you have MK Wii.

Also, I'll say it first before any idiots do.
"Hurr durr, y is Sanic in a car win hes sooooo fass!!!1 and dis is a mario kart ripoff cuz no other kart racers shood exiss in da genra!".

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstareon:
Stareon Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I want to play it just because Vyse is a racer and there's a Skies of Arcadia track. It also looks quite fun.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
A Skies of Arcadia track? There's a few. I actually don't even know what Skies of Arcadia is to be honest.
:iconstareon:
Stareon Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's an RPG that was released for the Dreamcast and re-released on the GameCube. Vyse is the main character.
Here's the Wikipedia page if you want more info.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
The TF2 characters are way out of place.
:iconmrgamer01:
MRGamer01 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Exactly this.
:nod:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Team Fortress characters? What?
The PC version has three TF2 characters in one car.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
...I'm a bit hurt. BUT it makes more sense than Danica FUCKING Patrick.
superpika237 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I don't know who that is.
Add a Comment: