Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Is Old Republic good long-term?

:iconicepowers:
IcePowers Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Writer
I wanna emphasize that I'm not asking if it's fun or not, because I've been playing it, and it IS fun. My question is if I'm just in the "grace period" if you know what I mean, the part of the game that the developers put a lot more time into than other parts for the sake of getting people to pay money/subscribe before the quality of it all just falls off later. Writing this out, I'm hearing myself sound kinda paranoid (after all, the worst thing that could happen is that I play it and it's not good), but it's not like I'm going to stop playing until I get other opinions. I just want some other people's opinions on how the later stuff pans out, if the game is worth extended periods of play or not.

All my doubts really come from two things: One, it's an EA game, and they can't be trusted to make toast without squeezing you for money when you want it buttered. And two, it's an MMO, meaning it will take WAY longer to get from Good/Fun Thing A and Good/Fun Thing B than a normal game.

Thoughts from people who have played it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
ABANDON SHIP
:iconieighton:
Ieighton Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
TOR?

get out

get out while you still can
:iconaazmatazz:
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I absolutely loved KOTOR 1 + 2. I completed the first one a couple of times and the 2nd one I lose count. I absolutely loved them. When I found TOR would be a PC only MMO I was skeptical.

The other week I got a new laptop for work and quickly set up TOR and jumped online. It seems 'OK' but unlike you I'm still waiting for the game to get good. It feels like the old KOTOR games which is to say it feels old fashioned. I spent a whole day on it, using the free to play option. All day I spent debating on whether it was worth subscribing or not. I figured it probably wasn't and since last monday (the day I started playing) I haven't put it on again.

I have a feeling this will be like The Matrix online for me. I tried it, put off playing it, then they closed the servers so I never got to finish it.

I will be watching this thread though it will be interesting to see what ppl are saying about it
Add a Comment: