Closed to new replies
November 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 190

Does Wii U really have potential for future of gaming

:icondevinshadowv:
DevinShadowV Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Now I'm not saying Wii U is not bad I got one but I just have a weird feeling even with the huge third party support we going to have the same problem that happened to the hardcore gamers with too much shovel-ware that turned hardcore gamers away from Nintendo "recent system" original Wii but even with the touch pad and so on does the Wii U really have potential in the future of gaming or are we going to see the downfall like what happened to SEGA?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I think the wii u is fantastic. This debate over wether it is next gen or not is a joke,
First off the specs quoted by the hacker dude were false, its actually got 3x3mhz core, its got modern architecture and some experts are saying that the next gen playstations and xbox's wont be that much more powerful.
Theres a worldwide recession so they are going to have to try and keep costs down,

The gamepad is pure genius. My only worry would be the support from third party developers.

Haters are going to hate,
:iconairiaen:
Airiaen Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I think it depends if the Wii U gets plenty of games out whenever Sony/MS release there next hardware
:iconkylebjart:
kylebjart Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What the WiiU has and the Wii does not is a more conventional controller set up, with a touch screen and possible motion controls. In one swoop it encompasses three popular modern gaming mediums. For third parties this should be a godsend; they can make any games they want, be it a fairly standard adaptation of Call of Duty or Mass Effect, or they can port old DS titles as downloadable options or even IOS games. How fantastic would downloadable ports of The World Ends With You? Combining these three elements can create truly innovative IPs and Nintendo will make full use of it themselves and studios such as Ubisoft with a innovative attitude can really make some amazing things. It is also fully geared up for the digital market; downloadable titles are becoming more popular year on year with many AAA titles appearing as downloadable on day one. Alot of lessons can be learned from services such as Steam. Nintendo have already demonstrated their competence in this market with the 3DS online store. All the right components are in place. It takes a year for a console to really fly, it will take longer to see what Microsoft and Sony have up their sleeves. But unlike the Gamecube, marketed towards family gaming, or the Wii which targetted casual audience, the WiiU has real potential. Time will tell, but I am optimistic!
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
As the amazing of it is, I don't think it is as innovative as the Wii was. I mean Wii's potention of actually moving is good, but having two screens has been done before. Its just feel like an improvement on two screens, not a new innovation.

Though there is alot you can do two screens I have to admit, and Zombie U is that. You can now pretend you can have an item or carrying cas in one, and a moving screen and another.
:iconslutgirl08:
Slutgirl08 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Unlikely, however; PS4 may block used games so Wii U does have more potential, just wait til the Xbox 720 comes out.

MEANWHILE, I'mma go play on a PC.
:icondarkprincearmon:
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
This great console, it will endure. The Wii U will survive.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
On what?
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
On what, what?
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
What shall the Wii-U endure on? I'm not seeing any factors in favor of endurance.
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
To bad for U then. Cause it will endure and survive. With or without your purchase.
Add a Comment: