What do you wish Resident Evil 7 will look like?

Just finished with RE6 and I want to hear the opinions of other RE gamers!

REs really developed story and graphic-wise (no doubt about that) but I can't help but feel like they should have kept some other aspects that aren't present anymore.

Well to start off I really wish they'd make the game less of an action game and make it freakier like the old REs. And I'm talking about the ancient RE 2 and whatnot. Maybe tone down the music more and bring back the moaning zombies? :D
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Where everyone dies. I couldn't stand hearing about it past 3 or 4.
Well, if its like any other Capcom series, 7-8 will be black sheep of the series and then Resident Evil will go to sleep.
re is dead there is no hope anymore waaah
though it's still great high five!
It's come to the point now where I wish the series would just stay dead. It's become, somewhat ironically, a franchise zombie.
I'd like to see Sheva return, she is too strong of a character to just neglect. Maybe a game that delves more into her past, the murder of her parents and natives, growing up and training with Josh and her crew...ugghh come on Capcom, you've got one hell of fresh character....
They need to make a game for Ada, we still really don't know much about her. I would though love to see another game with Claire, my two favorite character are Ada and Claire.
I want there to be better controls, more scares, and more open endedness. None of this ninny fastpaced linear nonsense. I want there to be more monsters and more drama. I want there to be scary music. Not just little quiet noise. I want there to be actual music. Something done with scary synth that sounds like its out of the 80's. When movies where actually scary! I want there to be isolation and suspense. Oh and some stealth too. So when you are low on health. You can sneak past zombies to your next check point. I also want lots of weapons. Even a raygun. Thats right. A ray gun! Oh and unlock Bayonetta or Dante skins for multiplayer.
Pick cool locations too. Location Location Location. But they must have meaning.
I want there to be scary music. Not just little quiet noise. I want there to be actual music.

So, like RE5? The problem here is that memorable music is almost never as atmospheric and scary as music like this.

Plus, these two tracks have already been taken:
[link]
[link]
Oh pasha, that must have been atmospheric. But its the only good song. The last clip you showed me sounded like bad persian party music and it has nothing to do with resident evil.
This is actually scary. They actually used instruments. [link]
[link]

If you want more spooky music please ask me.
Those are actually closer to what I'm talking about. As another example, the music in the hall adjacent to the Armor Key room in REmake scares the hell out of me whenever I go in it. But I also can't remember how it sounds without listening to it. To the contrary, the two I linked you to both manage to be reasonably creepy, while being memorable.

Also, this nintendo one:
[link]
They should remake RE2 the same way they remade original (both the original and remake are far superior to RE2, btw). In it, they could actually make it scary, limit your ammo, and turn Claire from an annoying Buffy clone (GIRL POWAH!) into an actual character, none of which the original RE2 had.
The reason they moved on from the original concept is that it just isn't scary anymore. You're asking the a twenty or so entry in a horror/survival(and sometimes action) franchise to do something new. They've had first person aiming and third-person movement, they've had multiplayer offshoots, they've made co-op, singleplayer, exploration, linear, quick-time, limited saves, cover based, and probably more variations on their formula. It feels weird to say this, especially in light of how stupid they act some times, but: give Capcom break already. If anything they should make a new IP handled by a new developer, like Frictional Games, then you'll get a terrifying horror game. Resident Evil has jumped the shark and is still going. It's more of a soap opera/survival/action game than it is genuine horror experience. That's fine though, they can do that, because it does actually translate rather well to that form. Frankly I can't see any other way for it to innovate besides ripping off Penumbra or Silent Hill. The franchise is just tired at this point when it comes to scaring people. Either let it rest for a while and surprise you or get used to Capcom going the easier route of making action/survival games.

At least, that's what I've observed.
The series is shit now without Wesker. >__>
It should be more like Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3ds. That game is one of the best I've played.
How about going back to the series roots and just kill this franchise since it's already shit without Shinji Mikami.
I really hope they go back to the beginning :/
Do you know why they let him go? All the games up to RE4 was great under his supervision. That's a weird move for capcom :disbelief:
Shinji Mikami wanted Resident Evil 4 to be a Gamecube exclusive, but Capcom decided to port the game to the PS2 and it pissed him off that he left the company and joined up with the great, late Clover Studios.
Abort the series and tell a new story from scratch. Resident Evil should have ended after Raccoon City and it even overstayed its welcome there.