Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58

What do you wish Resident Evil 7 will look like?

:iconmadode:
MADODE Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Just finished with RE6 and I want to hear the opinions of other RE gamers!

REs really developed story and graphic-wise (no doubt about that) but I can't help but feel like they should have kept some other aspects that aren't present anymore.

Well to start off I really wish they'd make the game less of an action game and make it freakier like the old REs. And I'm talking about the ancient RE 2 and whatnot. Maybe tone down the music more and bring back the moaning zombies? :D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconisaacgrace:
IsaacGrace Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Where everyone dies. I couldn't stand hearing about it past 3 or 4.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Well, if its like any other Capcom series, 7-8 will be black sheep of the series and then Resident Evil will go to sleep.
:iconaposine:
Aposine Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Like this: :iconitsfuckingnothingplz:
:icondiapermansex:
Diapermansex Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
re is dead there is no hope anymore waaah
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
boo hoo.
:icondiapermansex:
Diapermansex Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
though it's still great high five!
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Yeah!
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's come to the point now where I wish the series would just stay dead. It's become, somewhat ironically, a franchise zombie.
:iconblasian89:
Blasian89 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I'd like to see Sheva return, she is too strong of a character to just neglect. Maybe a game that delves more into her past, the murder of her parents and natives, growing up and training with Josh and her crew...ugghh come on Capcom, you've got one hell of fresh character....
:iconpalguy329:
PALguy329 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
They need to make a game for Ada, we still really don't know much about her. I would though love to see another game with Claire, my two favorite character are Ada and Claire.
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I want there to be better controls, more scares, and more open endedness. None of this ninny fastpaced linear nonsense. I want there to be more monsters and more drama. I want there to be scary music. Not just little quiet noise. I want there to be actual music. Something done with scary synth that sounds like its out of the 80's. When movies where actually scary! I want there to be isolation and suspense. Oh and some stealth too. So when you are low on health. You can sneak past zombies to your next check point. I also want lots of weapons. Even a raygun. Thats right. A ray gun! Oh and unlock Bayonetta or Dante skins for multiplayer.
Pick cool locations too. Location Location Location. But they must have meaning.
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I want there to be scary music. Not just little quiet noise. I want there to be actual music.

So, like RE5? The problem here is that memorable music is almost never as atmospheric and scary as music like this.

Plus, these two tracks have already been taken:
[link]
[link]
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Oh pasha, that must have been atmospheric. But its the only good song. The last clip you showed me sounded like bad persian party music and it has nothing to do with resident evil.
This is actually scary. They actually used instruments. [link]
[link]

If you want more spooky music please ask me.
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Those are actually closer to what I'm talking about. As another example, the music in the hall adjacent to the Armor Key room in REmake scares the hell out of me whenever I go in it. But I also can't remember how it sounds without listening to it. To the contrary, the two I linked you to both manage to be reasonably creepy, while being memorable.

Also, this nintendo one:
[link]
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Okay.
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
They should remake RE2 the same way they remade original (both the original and remake are far superior to RE2, btw). In it, they could actually make it scary, limit your ammo, and turn Claire from an annoying Buffy clone (GIRL POWAH!) into an actual character, none of which the original RE2 had.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Artist
The reason they moved on from the original concept is that it just isn't scary anymore. You're asking the a twenty or so entry in a horror/survival(and sometimes action) franchise to do something new. They've had first person aiming and third-person movement, they've had multiplayer offshoots, they've made co-op, singleplayer, exploration, linear, quick-time, limited saves, cover based, and probably more variations on their formula. It feels weird to say this, especially in light of how stupid they act some times, but: give Capcom break already. If anything they should make a new IP handled by a new developer, like Frictional Games, then you'll get a terrifying horror game. Resident Evil has jumped the shark and is still going. It's more of a soap opera/survival/action game than it is genuine horror experience. That's fine though, they can do that, because it does actually translate rather well to that form. Frankly I can't see any other way for it to innovate besides ripping off Penumbra or Silent Hill. The franchise is just tired at this point when it comes to scaring people. Either let it rest for a while and surprise you or get used to Capcom going the easier route of making action/survival games.

At least, that's what I've observed.
:iconeckilsax:
Eckilsax Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
The series is shit now without Wesker. >__>
:iconweaponx-art:
WeaponX-Art Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
It should be more like Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3ds. That game is one of the best I've played.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
How about going back to the series roots and just kill this franchise since it's already shit without Shinji Mikami.
MADODE Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I really hope they go back to the beginning :/
Do you know why they let him go? All the games up to RE4 was great under his supervision. That's a weird move for capcom :disbelief:
Shinji Mikami wanted Resident Evil 4 to be a Gamecube exclusive, but Capcom decided to port the game to the PS2 and it pissed him off that he left the company and joined up with the great, late Clover Studios.
*or
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Abort the series and tell a new story from scratch. Resident Evil should have ended after Raccoon City and it even overstayed its welcome there.
Yeah. The whole's story getting kinda ridiculous tbh :/ An outbreak in raccoon city was still believable
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I haven't even played RE6 yet and I am in two minds about getting it. I will only get it when there is a massive price drop.

The only thing that would get me to buy RE7 is the return of the gorgeous Claire.
:icond-bandersnatch:
D-bandersnatch Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I second this! Though i did play re6 just for sherry
Good choice to wait for prices to drop. There's nothing groundbreaking in RE6 anyway

YES! I have been waiting forever for Claire to come back. For some reason the writers don't like her very much
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Nice to see I am not the only one wanting the gorgeous Claire back.

Oh the script writers need hanging. They would much rather bring back useless ugly as sin characters in Valentine over Claire. WHAT! The mind boggles at that one.
Hahaha I have nothing against Jill but I do prefer Claire. Maybe because of my experience with RE2 as well since it was really good :drool:
I've only played very little of the original RE and forgotten most of it o-o
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I have never played the first RE game. Reason being I was a late comer to the franchise.

On New Years Day 2008 I watched my brother play RE4 on the Wii and I thought that looks good but instead of playing that I went and got RE2 3:Nemesis and Code Veronica first as I have a working Dreamcast then I played RE4.

I had heard of Resident Evil long before that as I saw C.V reviewed on T.V gaming shows but didn't think much of it. What an idiot I was as C.V on D.C is a great game.

I first liked Claire in RE2 but really fell for her in Code Veronica, That secondary outfit they had for her in the C.V mini game was as hot as hell.

The reason I hate Valentine is I think that she is just a useless ugly pathetic bitch who is completely crap.

She is meant to be a trained Police Officer but Claire a civilian out guns her and out fights her at every turn. That scene of her playing the piano very poorly in Lost In Nightmares is the second most cringe worthy scene in video games.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Oh and another thing that would make me buy it is if it had a story where you can blow the utter fuck out of the worst character in gaming history in the grotesque ugly as sin Valentine and put that stinking fucking useless as shit bitch out of her fucking misery.

I hate Valentine so much. I just loved blowing her brains out in RE5. I have done it over 400 times.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
They should take a few pages out of Zombi U's book in terms of survival. Also I would like to see an Outbreak remake but that's just me.
Looks like this Zombie U's really popular. Is it that good as you guys make it sound?
Just as long as RE goes back a few steps, I reckon. It's getting a bit too much with the storyline
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Sorry for the late reply.^^;

Zombi U really is good. It emphasizes survival very well. You can't battle against enemies by shooting your to victory. You had to strategize and conserve. Plus the level design is great. Resident Evil doesn't have to be as hard as it though.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I want Jill to return as she was!!!
I agree. The original characters were much, much better instead of pairing Chris and Leon with random "agents" that never stick around anyway
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Any sane person probably gave up on the series when Chris punched a boulder.
Or when they concentrated on giving Leon women problems
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
So, Resident Evil 2?
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Why does this question need to be asked?

Why would people WANT more Resident Evil?!
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Oh, I'm sure it will look like the same old shit that it's looked like since the 90's.

Thank god we still have the next Amnesia game to look forward to. Good to know somebody still knows how to do horror games.
Although I have to say, "A Machine of Pigs" or whatever it was called is not nearly as scary of a title than "Dark Descent" was.
Yeah, it's kind of silly. I get what they're going for and all, but it's still silly.

But at least it looks like it'll play in the right direction! And not a bowl of Dalad Jelly in sight!
A bowl of... what?

Er, yeah! It should be good, and maybe I'll actually play it and not watch like 3 walkthroughs!
Dalad Jelly. From one of the shittiest excuses for a horror game ever made:

[link]
superpika237 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Oh boy, a review I haven't seen!
Capcom has been disappointing recently

And I've yet to finish the first Amnesia. I have to admit it really messes you up
:iconavskyggene:
AvSkyggene Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
How about they finally stop fucking making the shitty things?
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I think it'll likely see what ZombieU is doing, and run away with the worst ideas it has.
Add a Comment: