Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Is it possible to make a fighting game with a great story?

:iconcoreyamurray:
And if so, how? And has one already been made?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpltnm06ghost:
Pltnm06Ghost Nov 30, 2012  Professional General Artist
It's all about Mortal Kombat 9 and BlazBlue :toocool:
:iconshadow2k:
shadow2k Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Fate/Unlimited Code had a good story, but that's because it was basically Fate/Stay Night's story. With a fighting game attached.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
No
:iconfngrscr8dstroui:
fngrscr8dstroui Nov 30, 2012  Professional General Artist
The Fatal Fury and KOF games. And, before SF4, the Street Fighter main games. Also: Mortal Kombat. Maybe Guilty Gear too. Daruka Tenshi has a nice cyberpunk story to it too.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Yes, but you need to have a writer there from the get-go, and you have to make storylines work within the context of one on one and two on two fights. Most writers are avoidant of this, and most fighting games as a result have ridiculous stories attempting to explain it all. If I had to pick a game that would have a good story for a fighting game, I'd say Karateka. Same goes for Infinite Blade. They aren't necessarily street fighter, but are effectively fighting games in their own right.
:iconeckilsax:
Mortal Kombat 9 has the best story mode of any fighter I've played.
:iconyasashi007:
Yasashi007 Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I liked the story with Marvel vs Capcom 3. Soul Calibur has a lore enriched story. Mortal Kombat....could do better.
:icontheredsnifit:
Soul Caliber has a reasonably good plot. And Smash Bros Brawl deserves credit for theirs, given that the game has no dialogue.
:iconreluctantzombie:
ReluctantZombie Nov 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
BlazBlue's story is a bit cliche, but it's enjoyable for what it is.
:iconmikethelgnd:
MikeTheLGND Nov 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
persona 4 arena was a great fighting game even though it was an anime before it was a game (or maybe rpg before anime then fighting game, im not sure lol)
Add a Comment: