Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 67

Assassin's Creed 3

:icontribalchick101:
Tribalchick101 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Assassin's Creed 3 is amazing, nuff said. But the ending, omg.... It HAS to have a sequel, what a freaking cliffhanger!!! You thoughts on the game and the ending?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsandflow:
sandflow Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The game had its own ups and downs.

I like how inovative this game sequel was,seriously I was fed up with the same content with other storyline like in the Ezio trilogy.
I also like the new main character even though he is not very likeable to the majority.He might not be charismatic and perverted like Ezio (I liked him too) but Connor went through so much shit just to learn that there is no fairy tale ending for him.You get attached to him.His relationship with Haytham was so damn funny and dramatic,it's too bad it had to end so fast.

What I did not like was the bugs and glitches,and those stupid objectives they give you at every sequence.In my first playthrough I tried to complete them,but damn I got very frustrated and just ditched everything to see how the story was ending.
And obviously the writing was poor.Connor was left with nothing but another sequel with a pollished backstory for him, and let's not forget about Desmond's ending which was so stupid and anti-climactic.
:iconsudorlais:
sudorlais Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
(Sorry, this might be long. ;) )

I love how the gameplay was so much easier, like in the first game. I also LOVE the fact that your health automatically regenerates. (I didn't like the fact that you had to search for a doctor when you were low on health.)

Concerning the main characters, I was disappointed about the fact that Haytham and Connor left on a sour note. I wished they had the opportunity to reconcile and settle their differences.

There was just a glimpse of hope when they were working together. Like, what happened during their trip to the Caribe? A couple of months down there would have given them ample time to at least respect each other. (Maybe I would have liked to see Haytham made into an Assassin or maybe retire from the Templar Order. Gosh, I was so in love with this character.)

Another concern was that the game seemed to go downhill after Sequence 9. The chase scene with Charles Lee seemed anti-climatic, not to mention annoying, as oppose to the first two games, which gave us a final showdown with our former master Al Mualim and the Pope Borgia.

I didn't see any justification in eliminating Haytham and even Charles Lee additionally. I kind of wished that Connor had died from his wounds as well. (He probably already fathered some children somewhere.)

He was just stubborn in his beliefs and bent on what his people (from Kanatahséton) wanted. And, frankly, "his people" wanted to remain neutral and not be in any hostile situation. I'm glad they relocated at the end. In all, his story isn't as interesting as the first two assassins.

As the others had said before, indeed, the ending was vague. Why couldn't Desmond do his own thing?

Overall, I liked how the beginning recapped the earlier games and how it described a bit more of Desmond's and the Assassins' background. I also enjoyed reading the Animus' Info of the famous landmarks in Boston and New York. And, interacting with historical figures like Paul Revere and Samuel Adams was exciting.
Tribalchick101 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I get what you mean about Haytham, I totally fell in love with his character, even though everyone else was hating on him because of his Templar allegiance.

The ending made me so angry that I actually cried, they HAVE to make a sequel. Oh god, WHY did they have to kill Desmond, I loved him!! And they never said what happened to Connor (the rest of his life), you kill Lee, then it's like 'WHAM' back to Desmond and game over! I was like " WHAT HAPPENED TO CONNOR!!!!????" :D It was a truly amazing game though, I loved it so much, definitely my favourite out of the whole series :)
sudorlais Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree. I actually liked Desmond in this game. He had more of leadership role than the previous games, too.^^

Did you watch what happened after the credits?
Tribalchick101 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I did, but can't remember what happened haha :D
sudorlais Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, there kind of is more Connor after the credits. He's at his assassin house and burns all the Templar Paintings and he removes the weapon from the piller. From there, he sets off freeing those who are to be enslaved. I know it's not much, but there'll probably be some dlc.
Tribalchick101 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Ah yeah yeah, I remember that now haha :D
:iconsandflow:
sandflow Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well,when I re-entered the game after the credits,I had 2 more missions in which you visit Connor's empty village and another one when you are witness to the Brittish leaving Boston.So they didn't really leave Connor out of the blue after Desmond's ending.
:icondarkstar07:
darkstar07 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student General Artist
I haven't played it yet because local retail doesn't carry the PC version. :grump:

I'll end up just getting it on Steam eventually then, I guess.
:iconnicoleghore:
NicoleGhore Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I left Borderlands 2 to start it but BL sucked me back in.
Add a Comment: