Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 225

Video game confessions! Reveal your shame!

:iconcain75:
cain75 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist
So let's have it, your little dirty secrets about games that you've hidden all this time. Let it all out for no other reason than some random guy asked for it! Go forth and the truth will set you free!

That said I'll start

The truth is

I never played a single Legend of Zelda Game.

That said I havent played Kirby or metroid and yet I consider myself a well versed gamer.(Gets chased by angry nintendo fanboys with pitchforks and torches)

FF8 was my first final fantasy and first jrpg and I actually enjoyed it. I never even heard of Final Fantasy before that and i still havent played Chrono Trigger yet I consider myself mostly an rpg gamer.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconensoul:
ensoul Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Professional General Artist
I will get lost in literally any game where it's possible to get lost.
:iconfacepalmmaster:
Facepalmmaster Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ive got a couple. First off, i have never owned a Zelda game, like you. My first console was a GBA Advanced, even though i was old enough for an N64 and a bit more. I never played Portal but I played Portal 2. And lastly, the worst one yet.............. I cheated on my pokemon Nuzlocke challenge. There, i said it
:iconnecropumpkin:
Necropumpkin Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
I like Harvest Moon. D:
:iconbluespeedsfan92:
BlueSpeedsFan92 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
-First Final Fantasy game that I played was Final Fantasy X-2. I didn't know it was a sequel when I got it. I like Final Fantasy X-2.
-Finally beaten Jak 2 a couple of months ago. Had the game since it came out. I tried beating it before but I thought it was way too hard.
- Never played a Megaman game.
- Never played Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2
- Never played a Metroid game.
- Never finished Sonic Heroes. Because getting the emeralds is so hard.
- I like Final Fantasy X and XII
:iconbryosgirl:
bryosgirl Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior are the only FPS games I like to this day.
PS2 and N64 are my favorite platforms.
Flaming doom rooms are still my favorite method of eliminating unwanted Sims.
:iconbryosgirl:
bryosgirl Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also, I really do enjoy the pet battle system in World of Warcraft.
:icon1and1isme:
1and1isme Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Never played any nintendo game. Never cared. Guess disliking puzzle games and platformers doesn't help with that.
:iconjamestehgamer96:
JamesTehGamer96 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
ok then im gonna enjoy this
i kinda prefer re5 over 4 mainly because i got into the series by 5, i also do find re6 to be a good game tbf i dont understand the hate other than the survival horror fans)
although they do seem enjoyable i think the new super mario bros series is putting the series in the wrong direction
out of the nes/snes mario games mario 3 is my least favourite.
gen 2 is my least favourite generation in pokemon.
earthbound is a bit overrated
ill post more to come if i think of any
:iconakumaru13:
Akumaru13 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm still waiting for Naughty Dog to make a new Jak and Daxter game
I want the Super Robot Wars Z2 to release in the US
I never got into any Final Fantasy game
I love playing DMO/any Digimon related game more than Pokemon
I never got into the Legend of Spyro games
:icondeadlyobsession:
DeadlyObsession Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Final Fantasy V was the first game I hated (idiocy + naiveness), but then it ended up being my number one favourite.

I haven't played Mario beyond the original on the NES.

I used to be a Minecraft hater, but now I love it.

I still hate Kingdom Hearts, mainly because of my 'Disney is money-hungry and evil' mindset.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've played a lot of final fantasy's, mostly so that I could fight against Omega and Ultima. 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,x-2,12,13.
FF10 had the weakest ultima by far. FF13's had the worst story.
FPS games give me headaches.
Never finished silent hill
Had a wii for two days
:iconthechronowolf:
TheChronoWolf Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
i played final fantasy 13 and i got to a stage where i was against this boss called odin and i havent died at all until he killed me so i never played the game again, mostly because i cant be a***d with sh***y hacker b*****ds like him, omfg i hate him so much >:(
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Odin is weak to water you should be able to be him if you level up enough before had and use water on him.
:iconthechronowolf:
TheChronoWolf Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
i gave up on that game ages ago, maybe i will use your advice next time i play it, thanks :)
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
your welcome
:icondanime25:
danime25 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
I've started like all the Zelda games for Wii, DS, and 3DS but I've never finished one of them
:iconstraviios:
Straviios Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Hmm... played all Halo games but couldn't bring myself to beat Halo 2... (one of those stages i cannot complete)
:iconhellsing612:
Hellsing612 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
-I never bought a single Halo
-I've never played the Fallout games
-Never played the Final Fantasy Games
-I think Super Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game buy far
-I thought Wind Waker was the best Legend of Zelda game
-I've never played the Metroid Games
-I think Nintendo was the best game company in history (until the Wii).
-I've never played PC games. (I actually have GOOD reasons for that!)
-I've never played a Pokemon game past Red and Blue.
:icondawnsun2:
dawnsun2 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
on skyrim ulfric stoll my sweetroll!!! I got him back by putting an apple on his head and shot it
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Just kidding. What I meant to say is at least your honest.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
-FF8 is the best final fantasy ever
-super mario bros is the most overrated game ever
-I logged over 200 hours on Phantasy Star Ep. 1&2 with just the one character
-Left 4 Dead is the second most overrated game ever
-GTA was fun when you were 12 but it's generally a mediocre game
-I think pokemon is going straight to shit since diamond/pearl
-on that note it took 20 mins to figure out how to leave the house when playing pokemon the very first time
-Mario Sunshine was fucking good fuck you people
-Sonic Adventures 2 was an amazing game
-Skyrim is simultaneously one of the best and worst games I've ever played
-I thought Hunted was ok
-I didn't like Assassins Creed
-I've never played a full in game year in harvest moon
-I sold my Wii in less than 6 weeks of owning it
-I LOVE yugioh videogames
-I didn't think Daxter or ratchet and clanket was that good
-I sold portal 2 and i want it back....
-I got kicked out of my house because I got too angry during halo 3 online
:iconrising-eclipse:
Rising-Eclipse Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't like Mario platforming. I'm just not good at it, and the timer makes me feel anxious.
:icons-moreanime:
S-moreAnime Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
For me Mario games are boring, i usually finish the whole thing in a day. I like really long games and I played Animal Crossing once and decided to cheat code it...that failed the game now turns white and malfunctions, even though i have done it codes in the past and program often . The weird thing is I love Pokemon and anime.
:iconrizhnir:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
When I play against people in games that I know they're bad in or have never played, I have a bad tendency to be merciless to them anyway.

You know what they say -- go hard or go home. xD
:iconk-a-e-n-i:
K-a-e-n-i Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Okay, here I go.

- I've always hated World of Warcraft, Dofus and the mmorpg in general.
- I tried a truly stupid video game yesterday, Girlish Love Revo. The objective is to lose weight and then find love. x)
- I've never played Final Fantasy, Call of Duty of Legend of Zelda, Mario etc, the kind of games everyone seem to like.
- I play GTA only for the prostitutes, the rest is too... Well, I don't really like the game. (I admit o_o)
- I like testing every way to kill a Sims. Cause i just don't like them at all.
- I laugh out loud each time I play an eroge game.
- I do prefer retro games.
- i just laugh at the games in the App Store, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump... The kind of games that everyone seem to like.
And... That's everything I have to sayfor now. o_o
:iconcerebellaart:
cerebellaArt Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I hate Final Fantasy... and minecraft has scared the crap out of me more than any horror movie lol.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I like CoD campaigns. I think they're fun and never get old.
I hate every other FF except 13.
I hate every Kingdom Hearts except BBS and DDD
I hate Persona...I hate most JRPG's actually. lol
I think Skyward Sword was worse than Sonic 06 and I've beaten both, unfortunately.
Can't stand Metal Gear, the original Tetris theme, or Mario Kart.
Touhou makes me want to vomit.
I have double the hours on Gradius V than my 100% Fallout 3 w/all DLC file.
Yep, I'm not a black sheep. I'm a clear one. And I don't really feel bad about it. :D
:icontenshi3d:
Tenshi3D Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I never really liked the Halo series. Never played the games but I think it's an overrated piece of crap.
:iconmagmortar75:
Magmortar75 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Alright, here we go.

- I thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a very fun, extremely quotable, unique (for Sonic) game, if a bit tedious.
- Sonic Heroes was great.
- I thought Act 2 levels in Sonic Generations are better than Act 1 ones. Related, my favorite stage for BOTH Acts is Crisis City.
- The Werehog in Sonic Unleashed is pretty fun.
- I love the campy tones of the 3D Sonic games in general, as well as the voice acting (minus some of the 4kids voices). Related, I think Eggman completely steals every scene in the 3D games he is in.
- Sonic CD > 2 > 3&K > 1 for classic games.
- Sonic 4: Episode I was excellent, and a very nice throwback game.
- I think Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex was a very fun game with excellent music; I am glad I went through the effort to 100% it.
- Crash Twinsanity is my second favorite Crash Bandicoot game after Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. I 100%'d both games, and think both were very worth it.
- I have never played Crash Team Racing (as in, more than a demo) despite being such a big fan of the series. I did like Crash Nitro Kart a lot though.
- I liked Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind over Mutant, including (most of) the characters and some of the humor. In particular MoM is my third favorite Crash.
- I dislike Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (so far at least; I'm about 8 hours in and haven't found it very enjoyable), yet at the same time I absolutely adored Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
- I feel Super Mario Galaxy is, at this point, a slightly underrated game. Even though I very prefer Galaxy 2.
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is an extremely fun and underrated game, but is the single cheapest Mario Kart game ever. Even moreso than the Wii version. Simply BEATING Mirror Mode All-Cup Tour is flatout RIDICULOUS.
- Bowser's Inside Story and Rayman Origins are the best games from this generation.
- I disliked Pokemon Black / White, although I want to give Unova another chance with B2W2.
- I think game wise, 4th gen is by far the best Pokemon generation.
- The only reasons I don't bother with competitive Pokemon are permanent weather (aside from Kyogre & Groudon) and Stealth Rock. Remove those two things and I'd love it.
- The King of Fighters has the best music of any fighting game franchise.
- I have never played, or want to play, a Zelda game.
- The same applies to Call of Duty, Halo, or practically any FPS series other than maybe Bioshock.
- I used to think Final Fantasy VII was dreadfully overrated, but I've been actually heading in the opposite light with the game. I have yet to play it or any other Final Fantasy game, although I would like to play VI and VII at least.

There might be more, but those came off the top of my head.
:iconmaootter:
MaoOtter Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Back in the days of the NES we had my NES taken in to get the protection taken out. A local store did it on the cheap. At that point we could buy the stores more weirder titles. I ended up with a Tengen version of Fantasy Zone. My sis bought Barbie (which was a uncanny well made replica of the original NES version). You know where I'm going with this. I ended up playing Barbie quite a lot to beat it. Which was harder then you might think. Especially that final level. The 2-3 pixel wide notes you had to jump on scared for life. But in the end I did it and with all of Barbie's ball clothing collected, giving her the best ball with Ken. The End.
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Final Fantasy X was my first introduction to Final Fantasy...and I liked it.

One of the better games I've played, that has nice game mechanics and a nice, broad world, was Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. And I don't even like Neopets. I still replay it from time to time.

And finally...I somewhat enjoyed Sonic Heroes. X( It's blasphemy, I know it!
:iconjamestehgamer96:
JamesTehGamer96 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
whats wrong with sonic heroes, i love that game :)
:iconvic-viper-001:
vic-viper-001 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I regularly play games on my iPod! Sure it means nothing to the ordinary individual, but it's an absolute ATROCITY in the eyes of the ordinary gamer.

I play games that are so cute colorful and friendly, that they COMPLETELY conflict with my personality... I'm talking about Klonoa, Kirby and Spyro.

I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy AT ALL, yet I totally LOVE Final Fantasy 9 for some reason.

I'm ashamed to call myself a gamer sometimes. If I ever become one of those gamers who just hates absolutely everything for some stupid arbitrary reason, please kill me!

I couldn't play a FPS to save my life, save for Metroid Prime 3 and the original DooM.

I'll never understand the appeal of playing older RPGs with random battles every two seconds.
:icongodesscall:
Godesscall Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm horrible at mario
I cheat alot at Sims 2
I prefer Warcraft 3-series over WoW
:iconppeitso:
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
In every Metroid game I've played, I've fallen to my death at least twice...
:iconladyky007:
LadyKy007 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I'm also guilty of that =P
I was especially guilty of that in all three Metroid Prime games. Yes I know they don't kill you instantly if you have enough health (at least not as far as I can remember) but I've probably fallen enough times in those games to add up to at least enough health lost for one death :XD:
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've fallen in the same spot enough to cause a death...
:iconladyky007:
LadyKy007 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
What I also find is that I tend to fall in Hypermode too WHILST being attacked by Space Pirates (well, it's usually space pirates anyway) - it's a good job the terminal corruption game over doesn't scare me =P
Safe to say the two of us need to work on not falling :)
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've found I rarely use Hypermode... I have too much fun incinerating everything... Until I fall...

And yes... I need too look where I step...
...How?
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
running away backwards... And both times it was nearly impossible to fall off...
Which ones?
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I forget where... And I still remember all the other times I fell while trying to cross a gap...
:icondarkfang911:
darkfang911 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I can't stand any of the Legend of Zelda games. They're boring to me.
:iconwigglewaddle:
WiggleWaddle Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I liked that Starfox game that was a reskinned Legend of Zelda more than the actual LoZ series. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I hate the LoZ series. Pokemon, too. Assassin's Creed 3 is my favorite AC game, and I absolutely hate the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. No More Heroes 2 and Madworld are the only decent games on the Wii, in my opinion. I prefer the 3D Castlevanias to the 2D ones. AND FINALLY, Shadow the Hedgehog is still one of my favorite Gamecube games.
:iconcridgenpal:
CridgenPal Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
...I don't like Nintendo. I loved them in the N64/Gamecube days, but I really don't enjoy much of anything on the Wii that they published. Probably won't consider getting a WiiU unless they bring another F-Zero around.
I. Understand. You.
:iconevb16:
evb16 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I haven't beaten a lot of the games I own.

As much as I liked the movie ( the first one, I haven't seen the second one) and the Halloween Horror Nights house, I never played any of the Silent Hill games.
:iconmintaka-tk:
Mintaka-TK Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
- Although I have played Super Mario RPG, I have yet to play any of the Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario games.
- I think the plot of Kingdom Hearts has gone to shit, yet I still play the games.
- I don't really like the Legend of Zelda games. Also, Ocarina of Time is overrated as hell.
- For years, I never saw the ending to Super Mario Sunshine.
- I have a tendency to keep a walkthrough by my side while playing RPGs.
- I always seem to want to play games that are incredibly difficult, and would horribly frustrate me. (Mega Man, 1942, Battletoads, etc.)
:iconaazmatazz:
Aazmatazz Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
-I don't get Bioshock games. They are so linear and boring
-Secretly I would love to pick up a pokemon game again, but I know it won't live up to the behemoth it was when I was younger
-Sonic and Mario should have been put to rest 10 years ago.

--MY BIGGEST GAMING CONFESSION--

It's shameful really. I managed to get a backed up copy of Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 and fell in love with it almost immediately. It's the greatest game I have ever played but alas, I effectively stole it. I feel bad because these good Devs need our support and its people like me killing the gaming industry.

I'm off now to have a shower so I can feel semi clean again :(
Add a Comment: